Ares Games

Thread: Is This A Bad Idea?

Default Is This A Bad Idea?

_WoW_/_Space:1889_ crossover?

"*How many* D-deck draws does he get?"

Like as in Sky Galleons WoW style?

I'd jump on that. Way Cool! Make me dust off my old mini's and get them on the table.

Henry

I am beginning to think that the card movement system is the only way to go for any "FLIGHT" game because it allows true simultanious movement and fire. I still prefer the 3 card system of the WoW game over the DoW system, however I like the fast and slow speed ranges in Dow. Anyone for ships at sea with subs!?

The card movement system would work with so many different games. Ships & subs sounds great - I would be up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz68 View Post
    The card movement system would work with so many different games. Ships & subs sounds great - I would be up for that.
    As would I.

Huge fan of Space 1889. Still have all the books & games and even had a successful rpg campaign last year. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat!

Best to All

Mac

One of the guys in my group is designing 'High Seas', a pirate-era naval battle game that will hopefully be put inside a campaign with merchant ships, pirating, etc. to resolve ship combat. It includes special damage, 3 different speed maneuvers, and a ruler with 3 sections for different sized cannon. He's played the 'basic' version but I haven't gotten a shot at it yet.

Oh, forgot to mention that the whole reason I'm posting this here is that it uses the WoW movement system.

One of the guys in my group is designing 'High Seas', a pirate-era naval battle game that will hopefully be put inside a campaign with merchant ships, pirating, etc. to resolve ship combat. It includes special damage, 3 different speed maneuvers, and a ruler with 3 sections for different sized cannon. He's played the 'basic' version but I haven't gotten a shot at it yet.

Oh, forgot to mention that the whole reason I'm posting this here is that it uses the WoW movement system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jythier View Post

Now that sounds very interesting

Great idea, may have to make a trip to the attic.

Nothing personal Chris but it is a bad idea! It's the fantasy that spoils Space 1889 Though I admit on the most part I am a historical gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie3 View Post
    I am beginning to think that the card movement system is the only way to go for any "FLIGHT" game because it allows true simultanious movement and fire.
    I was in bed a few nights ago and was unable to sleep. I found myself thinking along the same lines... I can think of quite a few of my favorite "tactical" flight games that I would like to see converted to a card movement system!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

mmmmmm games. . . .
    Ship movement would be very doable with mini's. . .age of sail to modern. Time to dust off the Wooden Ships and Iron men, Harpoon mini's eh?

Similar Missions

1. Dynamic Campaign Idea
    By sparty in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 15:10
  2. From bad to worse
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 07:29
  3. Massive WOWA PBeM Game Idea
    By HendersonDayton in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1