Ares Games

Thread: Play by E-Mail

Exclamation Play by E-Mail

Somebody here play by email ? .. Because i will be very interested to play with you !!!

Mark Gibbons (Chequers) has organized and conducted at least 3, very large PBeM games. I played in his last game (40 players). It was very good fun.

He is now planning his next game. You must be prepared to make 2 Turns each week for approximately 15 Turns. He sends the results of each Turn in the form of 12 photographs and an E-mail listing: damage received, altitude of each aircraft, and some observations on the overall results and in some cases he awards medals for specific actions. He also has some special rules for his games, but he will send these to you.

If you are able to commit to participating reliably for 8 weeks, you should send him an E-mail at "markgibbons36@hotmail.com" and ask if you can be included. I do not know how many players he has space for in this game. Good luck.

Thanks for tips.... 1 week ago, I found this adress for play by e-mail. I'm supossed to be a allies !!!

My son and I will be playing on the Allied side as well. I will be flying a Spad. I don't know what my son's plane will be. Dutchy

I don't understand why everybody here have a rank like lieutnant under the avatar.. and me nothing !!!

Smile

Hi Francois.
    When I look at your Avatar I see the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.
    The more active that you are on the site, the higher your rank will be.
    Bruce

Default PBEM

Does anyone have the address of wow pbem. I use to play when Henderson had it.

Wolf

Hi William.
    Matt Henderson decided to close his PBeM site in late-spring 2010 in order to concentrate on his growing family. I believe that he had over 100 members of his site, and some/many were willing to pay on a per-game basis. His technology (using a CAD system to plot, record and display manoeuvres on a "digital" board) and his site may have been of interest to some budding or established entrepreneurs but I have heard nothing since. I and two of my brothers played in his last two games; we were disappointed but also understanding when he closed his excellent site. I had hoped that by now somebody might have tried to carry-on what he had started - it was an awesomely professional site.

At this time I am not aware of any other PBeM games that are in progress and "open-to-the-public". However, I am certain that some PBeM games are being organized and played somewhere in the world but I have no contact information.

I am currently running my first PBeM game (Turn 7 of 15) for my Family & Friends gaming group. I plan to conduct my next PBeM game sometime after Christmas, but at this time all the spots (10 aircraft) are dedicated to my group of gamers. AND, if I had a few spare AC/spaces, I have several on-line friends that I would like to invite even before opening it up to members of this excellent site.

Good luck finding a PBeM game. Perhaps this site could become a platform at least for helping PBeM devotees to connect. But, I suspect that the Colonel has more than enough ideas to keep him and his site volunteers busy. Also, given that the site/we are currently organizing the membership into state/regional "squadrons", each of these regions could be regarded as a potential PBeM group.

I imagine that many of the members of this site have the knowledge, skills and physical resources to plan and conduct PBeM games, but it is a time consuming pass-time if you are the only organizer.

Default pbem

Bruce let me know if you open up a pbem game for others. I played in some the Henderson games myself.

Have you seen Christophe's thread on long distance gaming in the Officers' club?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I would think that WoW PbEM would be very difficult...my hat is off to any and all who take the time to organize and run one of these!! I have played Diplomacy by e-mail years ago (and also GM'd a few) but even that simple game seemed to be close to actual work

Similar Missions

1. You Know You Play Too Much WoW When...
    By Cruthers in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-07-2021, 09:27
  2. Where do you play?
    By Aero825 in forum Polls
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 00:53
  3. What other games do you play?
    By afilter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 12:24
  4. Play By E-mail Back Up