Ares Games

Thread: The Return of the Red Baron?

Default The Return of the Red Baron?

Hi Guys, Just found out about a new model, released by "Oxford models" It's a Messerschmitt me163B-0 (1/72 scale) Komet flown by Major Wolfgang Spate, of Erproungskommando , And it's paint Bight Red all over, After some checking I wound out that, On 14 May 1944 Major Spate flew his first combat sortie with the Me 163.His plane PK+OL painted red, by either in the factory or by ground crew, resembling Manfred von Richthofen's Fokker Dr.I. Although he flew the mission (without success, twice unable to intercept the enemy when the rocket engine failed), Späte was not amused (seeing Red?) and after landing the plane, He ordered it to be re-painted to "camouflage off the day", (what a pity) you can now buy the plane off of Amazon for less that £15.00.Attachment 129278
    Last edited by andron234; 04-07-2014 at 09:09.

Any idea of the scale Drew?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sorry it's 1/72 scale

I had not heard that story before.

The 5000th P-38 Lockheed Lightning produced was painted bright red. It had 'Yippee' painted underneath and was signed by the factory workers. However, it too was repainted in camouflage before it went into service. It was available as an approximately 1/200th scale model in the Furuta Choc-egg series.
    Name:  5000th P-38 red.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  8.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Sorry it's 1/72 scale
    Oh well, just a thought.
    Thanks Drew.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. The Red Baron
    By Jwar in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 13:53
  2. Save return from sortie no. 1000
    By Marechallannes in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 03:01
  3. Multiplayer: Return to the Ship
    By afilter in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 12