Ares Games

Thread: Someone's selling their whole collection

Default Someone's selling their whole collection

Just went up on eBay an hour ago -- that's a lot of planes (and a lot of moolah!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-Airplane-...item19eac2e50c

WOW. I would love to buy it...but I'm pretty sure I'd have to change my identity once the wife found out.

$8.86 per model with free shipping. Great buy for a newby.

Reminds me how much I have staked in this game.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

ANOTHER good reason i want to stick with a CARD ONLY collection, which isn't true EVERYONE needs a FEW MINIS. if for no other reason then being able to flaunt them to non gamers!
    as for the price, like stated that does give you a great per unit price.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aces#2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	128270

Name:	aces #1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	128271

Name:	<acronym title=wow coin1.jpg  Views: 112  Size: 22.6 KB  ID: 128272" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    $8.86 per model with free shipping. Great buy for a newby.
    Agreed. Looks like most of the eggs all in one basket.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Interesting balance in the collection suggesting that whoever is selling this was a player with a serious interest in WW1 aviation.
    A lot of two seaters, a couple of balloons and a fair number of duplicates, mainly of the more generic models.

We`ve seen a couple of these Nexus only collections come up recently and I`ve been wondering if its the case that there are some older players out there are still unaware that the Ares version of the game exists and that the old Nexus models can still be used with it.
    So they`ve assumed that the game is now defunct and its best moving on to other things.
    Last edited by Rabbit 3; 03-30-2014 at 03:39.

Darn, he made me do the math on my collection... grins... ah well, would still love to have it all.. "Das Phantom" aka Wayne

Ended with no bids. I think $700 is just hard for people to pony up in one lump on that stuff. That being said, I know I have spent at least 80% of that to build up my collection and that's fewer planes.

I hope he tries again and breaks them up into lots, he said while licking his chops...

Quote Originally Posted by STL06 View Post
    Ended with no bids. I think $700 is just hard for people to pony up in one lump on that stuff. That being said, I know I have spent at least 80% of that to build up my collection and that's fewer planes.
    Agreed Mike ,I costed up my collection inc mats and trays recently
    Last edited by tikkifriend; 04-06-2014 at 09:44.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Agreed Mike ,I costed up my collection inc mats and trays recently
    Oh no doubt. His price isn't unfair at all. I just think people have an easier time spending that amount spread out over months or years. Undoubtedly he'd make more money overall splitting them up, but it's also more of a pain.

The only thing that stopped me from going for that lot is the mix of planes I didn't need/want and then the others I still would have needed to add.

That a pretty good deal but a big bite to take at once. Two balloons are quite a bonus too! Luckily I have more planes than I can fly already. Hope he comes back with smaller lots.

If one had the money I suppose buy the lot and then re-sell all those aircraft you didn't want and try and recoup your initial outlay or some of it anyway.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Rats just $700.00 US, If I had found out in time I would have gone to $800.00, never mind, Great collection

Similar Missions

1. WGF Thinking of selling collection
    By petho22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 15:10
  2. Help with selling WW2 line
    By ldsdbomber in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 00:24
  3. WGF Shop selling WOW
    By PunkReaper in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5