Ares Games
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Flying Penguins.

Oh, boy, I see hours of productive time disappearing from the Aerodrome members budgets.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Who's the daddy!

Well done Gunners. I can see that I will have to have another go.
    How do you save those screen shots?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

500 sorties for the penguin, and he is buying.
    To the bar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PenguinDrunk_V1Final.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	36424

Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Oh, boy, I see hours of productive time disappearing from the Aerodrome members budgets.
    Karl
    Nothing else to do at lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Well done Gunners. I can see that I will have to have another go.
    How do you save those screen shots?
    Rob.
    Used the 'print screen' key then pasted into a really pathetic drawing package we have at work (MS Paint?), cropped and saved as a Jpeg.

Skip-bombing the little beggar works better than giving him a good thwack.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Nothing else to do at lunch time

Used the 'print screen' key then pasted into a really pathetic drawing package we have at work (MS Paint?), cropped and saved as a Jpeg.

Skip-bombing the little beggar works better than giving him a good thwack.
    With your advice I've now equalled your score, but can't get past it.
    Rob.

This thread has now had more than 20,000 viewers.
    I therefore invite all the contributors to the thread to join me in the bar to celebrate this first for the Drome.
    The drinks are on Kyte as usual.
    Rob.

How can I say no to F. O. Kyte's invitation. I'll take a nice Douro's Red Wine.

This thread has now had more than 20,000 viewers.
    I therefore invite all the contributors to the thread to join me in the bar to celebrate this first for the Drome.
    The drinks are on Kyte as usual.
    Rob.
    Thanks Kytie...
    Bye the bye, did anyone else spot the typo???
    It should have read "The drinks are IN Kyte , as usual"

Bumblie3

Quote Originally Posted by bumblie3 View Post
    Thanks Kytie...
    Bye the bye, did anyone else spot the typo???
    It should have read "The drinks are IN Kyte , as usual"

Bumblie3
    Looks as if you are on the Dawn Patrol again John.
    Kyte.

Th the most active thread on the forum (BOY, does that say something about us )

Looks as if you are on the Dawn Patrol again John.
    Kyte.
    Hey, John; I'm up there too (at O'Dark early); lets say we circle around each other while we nurse off our toasts?

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Th the most active thread on the forum (BOY, does that say something about us )
    To think that I only started it in the first place to get all the odd remarks and off topic remarks off the serious threads, it certainly does say something about us. Incidentally one of the first posts I got back was a serious one about the french trainer aircraft which had inspired the title of the thread. You can't win 'em all.
    Rob.

Hey, John; I'm up there too (at O'Dark early); lets say we circle around each other while we nurse off our toasts?

Karl

So where are you Karl. I've been up here on patrol for days, now.????..
    I've run out of fuel, so I'm stuck up here and can't get down. I even drained my lighter into the tank!!
    Did you change your mind, or did you have the map round the wrong way again?

Oh, and its a lie that I only wrote this just cos Kytie was having the last word on this thread - AGAIN!!!

John

Oh, and its a lie that I only wrote this just cos Kytie was having the last word on this thread - AGAIN!!!

John
    Just when I was thinking of letting you come down as well John.
    Kyte.

Just when I was thinking of letting you come down as well John.
    Kyte.
    Woah, Kytie, An hour and twenty minutes to post a comeback! I lost a quid to myself, I was betting on under fifty minutes..

It occurred to me that if I can replace these solid tyres with inflatables and I can pump them large enough, they will touch the ground and I can just taxi to a halt The step down from the cockpit will be a bit of a pig, but there you go!!
    Make a note to include inflatable tyres and a footpump in all emergency kits.

Bumblie3

Thumbs up

John!

Hold a while i toss you down some of Robs Gin i liberated, that will keep you airborne a bit longer!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    John!

Hold a while i toss you down some of Robs Gin i liberated, that will keep you airborne a bit longer!

Rich
    Rich!

Yippee !!

YANKS (or should that be REBS - since you are a Southern Genellmun from Virginyuh, suh??) to the rescue, WHEEEE!!!

Glug! glug! Glugg! *BURP!!*

Thanks Rich, the gin gave me the courage to step out of the plane. The first 2,000 feet went quite well, but that last half inch was a @*%$$ŁŁ**@!!!

Now, if we can only winch the aircraft back down, I think we're in business!

John

The first 2000 feet.

Name:	The first 2000 feet..jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	39796

Rob.
    Actually Rob, that picture was taken after the 1,700 feet. As you can tell from my expression and posture, I had just noticed the church spire!!!!

Remember to include Vaseline in the Emergency Kit

John.

A good job for you that it had a left handed thread John.

Name:	church..jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	39805

Kyte.

A good job for you that it had a left handed thread John.

Name:	church..jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	39805

Kyte.
    Anyone ever tell you that you have a TWISTED sense of humour, Kytie???

John

Anyone ever tell you that you have a TWISTED sense of humour, Kytie???

John
    No John, because I am ambidextrous.
    Kyte.

No John, because I am ambidextrous.
    Kyte.
    I'm so sorry to hear that Kytie Do the doctors hold out any hope??

I had a friend who suffered from the same problem. He said changing hands was really difficult cos when he got them both off he couldn't replace them by himself. He said he was really screwed, but I think he meant Unscrewed!!

You sure you don't mean ambiloquent?

John

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.............

I'm so sorry to hear that Kytie Do the doctors hold out any hope??

I had a friend who suffered from the same problem. He said changing hands was really difficult cos when he got them both off he couldn't replace them by himself. He said he was really screwed, but I think he meant Unscrewed!!

You sure you don't mean ambiloquent?

John
    The Drs. are holding out both hands to help me John.
    In order to be properly screwed you need to be ambihelical.Then you can be screwed and unscrewed at the same time as any experienced Airframe mechanic will tell you.
    Kyte.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 04-12-2012 at 08:56.

For those of you who do not have a technical mind, like pilots, here is an explaination of the workings of an Ambihelical Hexnut.

MINICOMPUTER PROGRAM ERRORS
    DUE TO PARASTATIC CONDUCTANCE
    By J. L. Schwartz, Senior Researcher, Lotus International, Inc.
    Extensive research in our laboratories has determined that a large percentage of minicomputer system program errors are being caused by parastatic conductance resulting from differential spurving of the hydroscoptic marselvanes located in the prefabulated amilite base of the unilateral detractor mechanism.
    Neither International Business Machines or Digital Equipment Corporation has been able to offer any remedy for this troublesome situation other than to recommend manestically spacing the grouting brushes on the periphery of the nubbing purwell.
    Although on the surface this would appear to alleviate the problem we have found that this leads to further complications causing the regurgitative wennel sprocket to transmit microgriffage to the anhydrous dangling pin, from whence it is modulated, amplified. and splitnagled, thus causing transendental hopper dadoscope failure. This, in turn, causes quasipiestic depleneration of the bitumogeneous sprandels thus leading to an even higher level of high RMP peak nivel-sheave voltage which further magnifies the amnesial slump.
    It should be apparent that any successful solution has to be based on the regeneration of low-ohmic nofers combined with a high degree of medial interation of magneto-reluctance and resistance to atmospherical rillarah.
    Fortunately, we have discovered a simple and effective remedy which involves merely modifying the spiral decommutator with the installation of a rectabular extrusion bracket and trichotometric indicator support (see attachment). These items should be purchased (out of petty cash) from any local supply house and installed immediately. Upon installations the above cited malfunctions should be reduced significantly and you should experience greatly increased non-reversible tremic amifacience.
    * Note that the special ambihelical hexnut is unique in that any attempt to remove it in the conventional manner only succeeds in tightening it. Because of this design. the nut must be fully screwed on before it can be screwed off.

Name:	Ambihelical hexnut..jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	39815

Chief Engineer Scott.

The Drs. are holding out both hands to help me John
    Kyte.
    Blimey Kytie,
    I'm not sure I'd have much faith in your Doctors! I don't know how many Doctors you have, but if they only have two hands between them, they would seem to be a bit careless with a scalpel! Don't agree to any surgery performed by these guys. They could leave you a bit short - but I couldn't tell you which bit!!!

John.

Remember that we are no longer living in a hands on society John.
    Kyte.

Smile

Rob, was that Chief Engineer Scott of the Star Ship Enterprise or Scott of the Antartic seeing we WERE talking about Penguins.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Rob, was that Chief Engineer Scott of the Star Ship Enterprise or Scott of the Antartic seeing we WERE talking about Penguins.
    Neither of the above Barry, but I take your point about Scott of the Antarctic.
    If you co to this thread and look near the beginning you will see a Rosta for The Bulldogs, and on it near the bottom the names of the Flight mechanics. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Rob.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...Bulldogs/page2

Thumbs up

Neither of the above Barry, but I take your point about Scott of the Antarctic.
    If you co to this thread and look near the beginning you will see a Rosta for The Bulldogs, and on it near the bottom the names of the Flight mechanics. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Rob.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...Bulldogs/page2
    Some great names there Rob.
    I notice one of the other chaps (tikifriend?) have a Harper & Sharpe but with the christian names reversed. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Some great names there Rob.
    I notice one of the other chaps (tikifriend?) have a Harper & Sharpe but with the christian names reversed. Cool!
    One of the best real life names like this I read about many years ago so please excuse me if the facts are wrong but they do not impinge on the story. An escaping British Officer in the Balkans got the partizans to fix him up with fake papers under the name of Ivan Bugarov. Now that is wit in extreme circumstances.
    Rob.

One of the best real life names like this I read about many years ago so please excuse me if the facts are wrong but they do not impinge on the story. An escaping British Officer in the Balkans got the partizans to fix him up with fake papers under the name of Ivan Bugarov. Now that is wit in extreme circumstances.
    Rob.
    Rob,
    In my early days in an Insurance office, we office boys were easily amused by the insensitivity of parents, in naming their children. Two particular instances were of a girl named IDA FANNY whose surname was PINK, and one named ISABELLA surname BELL. Of course there were quite a few more common instances that caused sniggers, such as Robert Soles, Peter Soup and Jock Strapp.
    At least Ivan got to choose his and it wasn't foisted on him.!!

John

Ye Gods, Rich, you've found the missing link - a real Catguin!!
    Love it!

John.

John!

The sad truth is, like most genetic hybrids the essence of the true strains have been corrupted. Domino loves fish but hates water and of course still cannot fly!

Rich

I must say, Rich, I've never seen an iceberg so neatly decked. Does Domino do his own carpentry, do you know? If I hadn't seen the photo, I might have assumed from his name that he was a spot welder!!

John.

John!

That is an interesting observation! My own close analysis of the photo Leeds me to believe Domino is an urban Catguin! The white mass on the right foreground is not ice but plastic shopping bags. He also something of a Peeping Tom since he is starring from his balcony to another! Or perhaps he heard the the cry of the local fish monger!

Rich

Smile

Rob,
    In my early days in an Insurance office, we office boys were easily amused by the insensitivity of parents, in naming their children. Two particular instances were of a girl named IDA FANNY whose surname was PINK, and one named ISABELLA surname BELL. Of course there were quite a few more common instances that caused sniggers, such as Robert Soles, Peter Soup and Jock Strapp.
    At least Ivan got to choose his and it wasn't foisted on him.!!

John
    Yes some parents should know better but perhaps they had not wanted the kid?

The one name that really cracked me up waaay back when I was about 22 & working for Waltons Retail Store as a Credit Interviewer was a Greek chap whose surname was KOKANAKAS!

Then there was a girl friend of one of my mates called Eva Roots!

Boy did I have to bite my tongue & lips on those ones.

Barry, you just brought a spoonerism to mind that my mum told me about when she was working in insurance.
    The Chief of the Notts Police Authority at the time was one Captain Popkiss.
    My mother overheard one of her telephonists putting through a call to Police Hq. and asking if she could be connected to Poptin Catpiss.
    That is the only time I have heard my mother say anything even remotely rude, but it must have cracked up her whole department.
    Rob.

Barry, you just brought a spoonerism to mind that my mum told me about when she was working in insurance.
    The Chief of the Notts Police Authority at the time was one Captain Popkiss.
    My mother overheard one of her telephonists putting through a call to Police Hq. and asking if she could be connected to Poptin Catpiss.
    That is the only time I have heard my mother say anything even remotely rude, but it must have cracked up her whole department.
    Rob.
    Rob,

I am sorry to say that I think I once had a meal that may have been cooked by that method, from a local fast food takeaway. Needless to say, I never went there again!!

John.

Rob,

I am sorry to say that I think I once had a meal that may have been cooked by that method, from a local fast food takeaway. Needless to say, I never went there again!!

John.
    Always take the rind of your Gouda cheese.
    Rob.

Oi! Kytie,
    Who're you calling CHEESE?!?!?!
    Bumblie3

Oi! Kytie,
    Who're you calling CHEESE?!?!?!
    Bumblie3
    If the smell fits!
    I was at Alkmaar cheese market in Holland. The cheeses were stacked up on the pavement when a small dog came along and relieved himself up the Gouda. With the colour of the rind it did not show anything to the eye, but i always cut my rind quite deeply off now.
    Rob.

Smile

If the smell fits!
    I was at Alkmaar cheese market in Holland. The cheeses were stacked up on the pavement when a small dog came along and relieved himself up the Gouda. With the colour of the rind it did not show anything to the eye, but i always cut my rind quite deeply off now.
    Rob.
    So thats why the Gouda smells strange over here!
    Must have shipped the lot to Australia.
    Glad I prefer Swiss & aged Aussie Cheddar, oh & a good Blue too!

I'm with you there Barry.
    I always did prefer cheddar, but I never knew what there was about Gouda that was such a turn off - Until now!!
    No wonder the wax coating has to be waterproof!!!

A tiny penguin hobbles into the doctor's surgery, obviously in great discomfort.
    "How can I help you?" the doctor asks.
    "I get these terrible pains in my groin when I walk, and its agony when I bend down." says the penguin.
    The doctor lifts him onto the examination couch and after a brief examination carries him to the operating table.
    The doctor leaves the room for a few minutes and then returns with an enormous pair of scissors.
    "If you are going to operate, shouldn't I have an anesthetic?" asks the penguin, trembling with fear.
    "Just close your eyes!" replies the doctor.
    SNIP! SNIP! SNIP! With each snip the penguin flinches and trembles.
    SNIP! SNIP! SNIP!
    "There!," says the doctor, lifting the penguin to the floor. "How does that feel?"
    The penguin happily waddles up and down the surgery, occasionally jumping up and down squeaking with joy.
    "That's great!" he says. " I didn't feel a thing! what did you have too do?"
    "I just cut 3 inches off of the tops of your new wellies..."
    Last edited by bumblie3; 06-16-2012 at 04:02.

The Seven Dwarfs are on holiday in Rome and visit the Vatican. They managed to wangle an audience with the Pope.
    Dopey is pushed forward as spokesman for his brothers.

Drawing himself up to his full height before the Pope, Dopey asks, "Sir, are there any dwarf nuns in Vatican City?"
    The Pope tooks slightly bemused but replies, "No, there are no dwarf nuns in Vatican City."

At this, the other six dwarfs start to snigger and nudge each other.

Dopey then asks, "Mr. Pope, are there any dwarf nuns in Europe?"
    "No," the Pope answers. "There are no dwarf nuns in Europe."

Hearing this, the other six dwarfs roll around the floor, tears rolling down their faces and howling with laughter.

Dopey looks hard at the Pope and says, "Well then, are there any dwarf nuns in the world?"
    "No, my son," comes the response. "There are no dwarf nuns anywhere in the world."

With this, the other dwarfs all begin chanting, "Dopey humped a penguin! Dopey humped a penguin!"

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Flying multiple aircraft.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-24-2015, 17:12
  2. FLYING OFFICER KYTE
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 18:52
  3. Flying with new players
    By Sparkomatic in forum WGF: General Discussions