Ares Games

Thread: Hello from No. VA

Default Hello from No. VA

I joined the website today. I have yet to purchase the game or any of the miniatures, but have been a WWI aviation enthusiast for over 40 years. My book collection on Librarything.com will attest to that.

Hello Robert - let me be the first to welcome you to the 'drome from here in the UK

Hi Robert! Welcome, from Middlesex in the U.K.

Hi Robert, welcome to the Drome, be careful the game can be VERY addictive

Howdy from Kansas, Robert! Don't know if you've done any gaming, but WoG is VERY easy to learn and play. Hope to see you get stuck in!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Robert from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. Your book collection will be a valuable resource.

A warm welcome to the Aerodrome from West Central Ohio! Enjoy this game!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Robert.

And a hearty handclasp from a fellow Virginian. Ping me if/when you plan on being in the central Shenandoah Valley; I'll get the club together and we'll have a bash. We've got lots of WWI planes!

Welcome to the Aerodrome.

Welcome! Depending on how northern your Virginia is there's some regular Maryland gaming you might be interested in:

The Family Game Store in Savage Mill

Dream Wizards in Rockville

I only ever make it out to Savage Mill, but a some of the regulars there put together the one at Dream Wizards, which is probably a bit closer to you.

Welcome to the Drome Robert. Game can get very addicting but is one of the funnest addictions you will ever have.

Well, I took the plunge today, stopped at Family Game Store in Savage, MD and spent a lot of money. I purchased the basic rule set, a duel pack (Spad XIII vs Albatros D Va) and four aircraft (Willy Coppen's HD.1, Linke-Crawford Aviatik D.1 because of the paint job and two Fokker E.III). Lots to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    Well, I took the plunge today, stopped at Family Game Store in Savage, MD and spent a lot of money. I purchased the basic rule set, a duel pack (Spad XIII vs Albatros D Va) and four aircraft (Willy Coppen's HD.1, Linke-Crawford Aviatik D.1 because of the paint job and two Fokker E.III). Lots to learn.
    Looks like your on your way to lots of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    The problem now is going to be trying to stop buying planes! Congratulations and happy flying!

Good to have you on board Robert, and what a sound name that is to be sure. On behalf of the rest of the pilots from here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hello Robert, welcome to the group!!!