Ares Games
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/144 WGF & 1/144 + 1/200 WGS Planes on Shapeways

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Progress inched along on the W.29 yesterday. There is a sale going on until the 13th, so my plan is to finish it up real soon.
    And for those who like WWII, I did a few variations on the PBY theme.
    Fantastic! Starting to build up a backlog of flyingboats and seaplanes so the W29 might start me actually painting them!

I am 90% finished with the PBY I bought at Christmas so a variant would be nice to add to the fleet.

Sale? is this a designers sale or for everyone?
    Last edited by Teaticket; 03-08-2016 at 07:07.

Shipping is free for all orders $25 and over. Through the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Shipping is free for all orders $25 and over. Through the 13th.
    Thanks Chris. Somehow I've been dropped off their email list.

<< The Sopranos - doing "Godfather Part III">>

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Thanks Chris. Somehow I've been dropped off their email list.
    Doesn't seem quite right, considering all the business you've helped drum up through your organizational efforts here.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Doesn't seem quite right, considering all the business you've helped drum up through your organizational efforts here.
    I'll go reset my settings to get back on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    W.29 is good to go.
    http://shpws.me/LUwY
    Ordered!

Ordered!
    Same. Need something to fly with my W.12s!

Thanks! As always, I appreciate your business!

Ok, I'm slowly getting back up to speed. Converting planes to WSF etc.
    Also a new odd one for people, the Kyūshū J7W Shinden.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    Ok, I'm slowly getting back up to speed. Converting planes to WSF etc.
    Also a new odd one for people, the Kyūshū J7W Shinden.
    Interesting choice. I'm sometimes drawn to the WW2 pushers, though none were made operational. I wonder if there's enough flight data around to make a deck for this and the Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Interesting choice. I'm sometimes drawn to the WW2 pushers, though none were made operational. I wonder if there's enough flight data around to make a deck for this and the Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender?
    Karl
    I needed something odd & interesting to give me the mental kick. I've also done a pile of Bf 109s and a MS406.
    I'll have a look at your Curtiss Wright XP-55 in the morning.

The best reason I could find for the Ascender's was that it's performance wasn't noticeably better than the current planes, and better ones were coming. It did seem to have stability issues, which could be an advantage in a dogfight, but a real issue after damage or in a novices' hands
    The Shinden is listed as much faster.
    A look at the SAAB 21 might have some insights too.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks for the kick Steve. Been a while since I've done an upddate. I'll get on it.

Big update today. Lots of beta items from Steve (now AEModels on Shapeways)WW2 and Daryl (ReducedAircraftFactory) WWI.

Big update today. Lots of beta items from Steve (now AEModels on Shapeways)WW2 and Daryl (ReducedAircraftFactory) WWI.
    Cheers. Yep, I thought I should have a more professional sounding name. Just waiting on the flood of orders now so I can check the models are good to take them out of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    Cheers. Yep, I thought I should have a more professional sounding name. Just waiting on the flood of orders now so I can check the models are good to take them out of beta.
    Flood of orders, I like that. Just deposit my commission into my account as usual!
    Last edited by Teaticket; 05-21-2016 at 15:07.

Thanks for this Peter. I'm afraid I'm going to find it all too useful and expensive Hey ho its only money - right?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Hey ho its only money - right?
    Well, it was........................now it's miniature aeroplanes!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Money, since you can't play with it you shouldn't mind using it to get what you can enjoy. Don't blame me for it's all those designers at Shapeways!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Well, it was........................now it's miniature aeroplanes!
    or SAILS

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

A few new additions in time for the 20% WSF Shapeways sale.

A few new additions in time for the 20% WSF Shapeways sale.
    Yep, I've theoretically got a few to throw up this week.

I'll be at Origins so won't get to update my list till next week. At least you have your own thread for folks to find anything new.

No sale for me; I have the last couple to work on, plus Origins this week.
    Karl

I'll be at Origins so won't get to update my list till next week. At least you have your own thread for folks to find anything new.
    Yep, the updates here are appreciated too. I have much time on my hands currently, so playing around with all things 3D is my thing. Even considering splashing out on a SLA/DLP printer.

Thanks to Carl mentioning a Vickers Vildebeest on Shapeways (with a link) a new designer has been added to the lists. 'mpennock' calls his shop Arctic Skunk and has many interwar planes in 1/100, 1/144 and 1/285.

For WWI he has 10 1/144 planes for us, Alb DII and DIII, Fokker EIII, DH2, Hanriot HD1, Sopwith Pup, N17 Lewis and Vickers, N27 Lewis and Vickers.

There are currently 397 entries on the WWI list, 268 on the WW2 list. (some 1/144, more 1/200)
    Last edited by Teaticket; 07-14-2016 at 15:55.

Don't blame me for it's all those designers at Shapeways!
    I wouldn't dream of blaming you for anything My wife will though

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    I wouldn't dream of blaming you for anything My wife will though
    Ok, I admit I am an enabler. I don't force you to go into the candy shop and stuff your gob, I just hold the door open.

A few new entries on the WWI list from Reduced Aircraft Factory and Kamfflieger. A Kettering Bug (with launching cart) by Kamfflieger added to the Accessories list.

Got in a bit of updating today. Finally got Foz and Decapod WW2 WSF up to date. (still have to get to Foz' FUD!)
    Some WWI and accessories added too.

Found a couple new designers so updated the lists. Caught up with RAF and working on catching up with AEModels.

There is now a Shapeways Black Widow available in 1/200. I think I know someone who would like one?

Just found a new designer that does a Vaught OS2U Kingfisher in 1/200. He does mostly ships equipments but has this iconic plane. No 1/144 as far as I can see yet.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 12-14-2017 at 17:16.

Puck produce quite a nice Vought Kingfisher kit in 1/200 scale. There are two planes to assemble in the box with catapult launchers, two different sets of decals and even some small bombs to attach to the planes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	419anyiusUL.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	237730

Just found a new designer that does a Vaught OS2U Kingfisher in 1/200. He does mostly ships equipments but has this iconic plane. No 1/144 as far as I can see yet.
    Well, that says "Target" all over it
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Well, that says "Target" all over it
    Karl
    Can we ever have too many targets?

Can we ever have too many targets?
    Depends on if your the one defending the targets
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Puck produce quite a nice Vought Kingfisher kit in 1/200 scale. There are two planes to assemble in the box with catapult launchers, two different sets of decals and even some small bombs to attach to the planes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	419anyiusUL.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	237730
    I just bought one of them. (two in the box) I think it's actually Riich, not Puck.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 12-17-2017 at 13:56.

Update on the WGS list with lots of new wwwitalik additions in both 1/144 and 1/200.

Update on the WGF list with new planes from ReducedAircraftFactory.

Hi Peter, Those B-24J's are calling my name. What is your opinion of the different materials?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Hi Peter, Those B-24J's are calling my name. What is your opinion of the different materials?
    Sorry I didn't see this when posted. I have stayed away from FUD because it can be brittle. Others like it and the detail is better then WSF. I usually stick with WSF, less expensive and they can take a beating.

A few new designs added by Reduced Aircraft Factory and Arctic Skunk for WWI.

A current Shapeways promotion gives out a code that when used will give a 15% discount on your 1st print ordered. My code is OQ99L Feel free to use it and get 15% your first print! (I get some kickback too!)
    Last edited by Teaticket; 08-01-2018 at 10:25.

The latest of ReducedAircraftFactory (Daryl) have been added to the WGF list.

RAF's Georges Levy 40 HB2 just added. Can't have enough flying boats!

Lots of new targets (tanks, trucks, artillery, trains) added to the accessories list from Masters of Military and Freakazoitt (Forpost D6).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. General My brand new Shapeways planes
    By Baron Rolf in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 00:09
  2. Shapeways planes are getting smaller
    By Burt in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 14:51
  3. General Shapeways Planes
    By alpine in forum Shapeways Models