Ares Games

Thread: Low level combat

Default Low level combat

I had a great time today running a scenario for my gaming group. It was a scenario that forced them to stay at level one or two. We had six players, twelve aircraft and some moving ground targets. I took my brand new critical hit cards (listed on another thread) - all 64 of them. Only one got pulled. My Camel went down but the pilot lived. My SE 5a pilot got two kills: an Albratros D Va and a Fokker Dr1. With two kills, one wound and my plane half shot up, I left the field. The guys loved the scenario and want another one next month. Of course, I am happy to oblige!

Thumbs up

Well done!
    Thats the way to get new players engaged. Give them something different & fun.

Thanks! There were some new players in the game. I had the experienced players explain the rules while I sat everything up. Everything went very smoothly except one of fellow British players kept ramming his planes into each other (???). Luckily all the C cards he pulled were zeros. We seem to get a lot of that in my group. Not the zeros but ramming into themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Well done!
    Thats the way to get new players engaged. Give them something different & fun.

Well done, Lance!

We seem to get a lot of that in my group. Not the zeros but ramming into themselves![/QUOTE]

Boy does that sound familiar - it's become a standing joke in my group, but recently I seem to have found a way to avoid it - I just fly higher than everyone else!

Sounds like fun. I would love to get some more low level games in occasionally.

Sounds like you guys had a good time, well done Lance and to your gaming group.

Good work Lance - have a look at post 13 in this thread for a further bit of low level action

Similar Missions

1. Curious as to which level of game people mostly play?
    By Flashman in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 11:43
  2. Level bombing with a He111-H5 at the Ostfront
    By Marechallannes in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 20:50
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 23:30
  4. level of expertise
    By gavain2 in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 20