Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outrider Hobbies / Aerodrome Accessories custom WoW foam trays

Ok let me know when I can buy them! I would like enough for all the aircraft and bits. Awesome!

Yes, wall thickness has been taken into account.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dean
    Sorties Flown

Have the card holes been designed for use with the card sleeves that some of us are using ?

As I'd like to keep using the sleeves to keep my cards in as good a condition as possible for as long as possible (mainly due to not being able to buy replacements).

The card sleeve sizes are as follows:

Mini Euro Card Sleeves = 45mm x 68mm (thickness depends on whether standard or premium, shouldn't effect hole dimensions though due to sleeves being same dimensions).

Link if needed to card sleeves website:

http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/ite...=48&sub_cat=40

Dean, currently they do not fit the sleeves. Not sure enough people use the sleeves to make it worth while. I'll check the dimensions again and see how loose un-sleeved cards would be in the sleeved holes.

Two options would be either custom orders for sleeved (at slightly higher cost and turn around times) or if I went with the 6x1 layout, I might be able to do both sleeved and non sleeved.

Looking great!

I'd encourage that the bit boxes be the same size as the damage card boxes. Why? Well.... my damage decks (especially the'B' deck) are rather tall now that I have all of the boxed rules sets that have been released.

Users Country Flag

Name
    ERIN
    Sorties Flown

These are just the thing I am looking for. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Cheers!

So who do I contact to order some of these trays from?!?

I have the battle foam for my 40K and WFB toys... now for the WoW1 stuff!

Cheers,
    Ed

Ed, they will be up in the store when they are ready. Right now they are only waiting for Outrider Hobbies to get back to me.

I am VERY interested in this. Only suggestions from me are:

I am looking for a storage / transport system that will include:
    All Series I Minis
    All Series II Minis
    All Series III Minis
    Be expandable to include Series IV Minis and so forth
    Balloons
    All Card Decks from all releases (WWI)
    Pegs
    Flames
    Smoke
    Rules
    Custom Playmats (coming from this site)
    Props

and all sorts of other cool money-draining-gadgets-and doodads you guys keep coming up with that I have not thought of yet!!!
    Last edited by Bixby; 08-31-2010 at 17:19.

Earlq

Wow! I like them. Can't wait.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Default storage

Bixby,
    My brother-in-law has a nice 12 foot enclosed trailer he might be willing to part with
    trumpetman52

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetman52 View Post
    Bixby,
    My brother-in-law has a nice 12 foot enclosed trailer he might be willing to part with
    trumpetman52
    Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
    All Series I Minis
    Check

All Series II Minis
    Check

All Series III Minis
    Check

Be expandable to include Series IV Minis and so forth
    Trays for them will come out shortly after we have them in our hands.

Balloons
    Check

All Card Decks from all releases (WWI)
    All the maneuver decks will be co-located with the matching planes. The damage decks are in their own tray along with other good product spots to fill in the holes (smoke, flame, pegs etc.)

Pegs
    Check

Flames
    Check

Smoke
    Check

Rules
    Not in the trays, but will be in the bag if it happens

Custom Playmats (coming from this site)
    Are you talking about the Cockpits?

Props
    Check

outriderhobbies's Avatar Owner Outrider Hobbies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Hey everyone, quick update.

1) Sorry for the delay in getting these trays to market. Keith is chomping at the bit. I don't blame him, but I am a one man (with GREAT support from friends and family) operation and sometimes this gets hard. Sometimes even hard just to get motivated.

2) As seems to be the case in my life, complications continue to come up. There are some things going on behind the scenes that I don't really want to discuss, but I am doing my best to get around them. I will try to stay more active here.

3) Keith and I are also talking bags. I have one design already, and I will be getting Keith information to make preorders available here as well. The bag is a bit bigger than the Sabol Motor Pool, with some extra pockets, and some extra goodness to it. You can see pictures here. In addition, Keith and I are working on a project for one that is more specific the WingsofWar.org. (very early stages, but still working on it)

So short answer, yes I am still here, no I'm not ready yet, thank you for your patience.

Bryan Wade
    Outrider Hobbies

Thanks for the update Bryan. I'm sure they will be a great sucess.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Keith:
    Sounds good. I did mean cockpits. Also, when we talk about maneuver decks, and other cards, this includes all of the material from Famouse Aces, Burning Drachens, Watch your Back, Crossfire, Flight of the Giants, Etc... Right?

Bryan:
    No worries lads, when they are meant to be ready, they will be ready. Keep the home fires burning.

The trays are meant for holding the miniatures, so I've not made efforts to hold all the extra cards form the box sets. It would be pretty easy to make extra trays to hold cards though. I honestly don't remember what all cards come in the sets as I've mixed all of mine together and the plane cards are just stacked in some bags.

The current card tray layout looks like this:

The Bit Boxes are the same size at the Damage Deck slots, so there is quite a bit of room for cards.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

they are very nice!
    Its a shame that do not fit cards with sleeves..

I might offer those as custom orders.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    I might offer those as custom orders.
    Tell me more.

Making them fit the cards with sleeves is just a matter of increasing the size of the card slots. I don't think they would be so large as need to redesign the whole tray... I have to keep minimal distance between the interior slots. I would not know cost figures yet, but they should not be much more then the "standard" trays.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by outriderhobbies View Post
    Hey guys, Bryan from Outrider Hobbies here. Just wanted to chime in and say this project has been a lot of fun to work on. Keith has some great ideas and we are going to have a great product for you when all is said and done.

One thing I do want to point out is that I have not played the game yet. I bring that up because I want to get you the best product possible, and for that I will need your suggestions and assistance. Obviously Keith has a great start, but what else could you guys use for carrying your planes around?

I was thinking a tray for the fiddly bits, but then I was wondering if they would just end up falling out and defeating the purpose.

Anyways, if you have any ideas, post them here so that Keith and I can see what you want in this regard and we can get working on them for you.

Thanks,
    Bryan Wade
    Outrider Hobbies
    So Bryan,
    How much are you charging for the Trays that you have already done for James??

I would be interested in a set of trays for the DoW aircraft for sure.

Thanks,
    Dan

P.S. if you ever can make it down to Tucson for a game day, Let us know (Kilted Wolf, myself, and HardRock.) We usually try and get to Hat's Games on the 3rd Sunday or so. (or when ever schedules allow) But if you are gonna be down on a specific date and will have time to swing by, let us know before hand so we can try and work out our schedules.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the trays as well. Right now, I'm packing my stuff around in bags and boxes...rather cumbersome.

I carry my stuff around in the "Portable Warfare"(tm) the Sergeant, with the cards slid into little pouches that i picked up from a vender at Hurricon, and all the little chips and tokens in the smaller trays for fishing tackle.

"The Sergeant" is just a shell, and can be stocked with foam trays from 1" to 2" thickness, and the trays can be custom adjusted to the shape of the plane. I've got five 2" trays in it, and have about 25 planes with room to spare. I'm still only half filled in the case. Also, the cases can be locked to gether, for easier transport.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Hey everyone, just here to give a quick update and explanation for the delays.

Explanation: The laser I use was moved at the beginning of September. Due to it's size, it has been difficult to get it hooked back up. Needless to say, things have been moving forward, and everything should be ready by this weekend.

Update: Keith has provided me with 11 different tray designs to cover all the planes from World War 1 (except wave 4) and the balloons. They are among the first things that will get cut when I get to the laser this weekend. As soon as they are cut and assembled, they will go to Keith for final approval. Once he gives the ok, they will be added here at wingsofwar.org, and at the Outrider Hobbies store.

I appreciate you all being patient with me, and keeping the excitement up for the project. Sorry again for the delays.

Bryan Wade
    Outrider Hobbies

PS - Dan, I don't get to Tucson often, but would love to get a game in. I'll see what I can do. James knows how to get a hold of me if you guys want to schedule something.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Default Outrider Hobbies Announcement

Hey everyone, I just wanted to pop in and say that the first trays are getting cut as I type this. Literally.

I know this has been a long wait, and I do apologize, but I think it will be worth the wait. Keith did some great work measuring the planes, and has some great layouts. Currently the trays are only for World War I, waves 1-3. Plus the deluxe set and the balloons. Keith can correct me if I missed something.

Anyways, they'll be on their way to Keith for approval by the end of the week, and hopefully ready for orders soon there after. Thanks again for your patience.

Bryan Wade
    Outrider Hobbies

Outstanding news Bryan! Can't wait to see them!

I keep meaning to post pictures of my new OH Ranger bag. I'll do that this week.

Cheers!

I am sure that they will be well worth the wait Bryan. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Rob.

Welcome and greetings from a neighbor (Maricopa).

Will you have these on your web-site or will they be available through Keith?

I vote for a container for balloons (up to 4 of them)...also like the idea of keeping planes by series...but understand the challenge there. Really like the idea of sleeves foe manuevre and damage cards too!

I like the idea by series also... makes it easier... oh yeah and the balloons!!

They will be up on the site here.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

The balloon tray will hold two balloons. I suppose I could do a double wide tray that holds four of them, but that would require a bag like the Force Operations: Ranger bag that I produce, or the Sabol Motor Pool.

What do you guys think?

I think two balloons/tray is plenty. One could always just use two of those if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by outriderhobbies View Post
    The balloon tray will hold two balloons. I suppose I could do a double wide tray that holds four of them, but that would require a bag like the Force Operations: Ranger bag that I produce, or the Sabol Motor Pool.

What do you guys think?
    Two is company. Three is a crowd.
    Rob.

I agree with Bob and Rob -- more useful to keep the "standard" size foam tray and be limited to two balloons (I'll just buy two trays) -- but not limited by what can transport the trays.

Cheers!

Spots for one of each series plus cards are a must. Please start them as soon as possible. Then do the rest as you see fit.

Thanks.

Prototype trays are cut, awaiting assembly and shipment to me for proofing. Getting closer guys!

Default Hummm.

I've got a complaint, a major complaint. I thought I'd just pop in on my way out the door this morning and check on any new threads - I always seem to find something new there. And what do I find?... this thread. New carrying trays and bags?!? You guy must be kidding!! How is the blazes am I going to explain to the wife that I need this, obviously, indispensable stuff? More significantly, which of the kids are we going to have to sell to raise the funds needed?

Really, you guys need to stop being so creative and let my wallet catch up! Maybe I should contact employee services and see if I can book an appointment with a councilor. I think a 12 step program is in order.

Now, where did did I put those new Kemp and Schafer Fokkers?

Col. Hajj: I have a few questions about your carrying trays.

1. What is the estimated cost per tray?
    2. Are there any Plano plastic boxes or similar products that will hold the foam trays?
    3. What tray will hold the SE5a?
    4 Are you still planning the sell a single Central Powers/Entene tray?

Dutchy

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    Col. Hajj: I have a few questions about your carrying trays.

1. What is the estimated cost per tray?
    2. Are there any Plano plastic boxes or similar products that will hold the foam trays?
    3. What tray will hold the SE5a?
    4 Are you still planning the sell a single Central Powers/Entene tray?

Dutchy
    1. Final price has not been worked out yet, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 a tray

2. Sorry, can't answer that as I'm not up to speed on the Plano boxes. The tray are 7.5 x 13 inches though.

3. I have not finished designing the Series 4 tray yet. They will come a bit later.

4. It's still up in the air. i think I personally like this style best, but most others seem to like the other way.

Can't wait... these trays will simplify how I carry my gaming materials immensely!

Col Hajj: One more question. When I go to a match I plan to take a limited number of planes. Which one of the trays would best (single tray) hold a combination of the following:

German: 1 x DVII, 1 x SSD3/Dr 1/ DVa, or Alb DIII and 1 x Roland/Ufag
    Entente: 1 - 2 x Nieup 17/23, Spad, Camel or Snipe and 1 x DH 4

Dutchy

All: Plano makes a storage box that is 8 + x 13.5 x 3 with no dividers. I have one and am ready for an insert. Unfortunately I don't have a box number. It should work just fine for those of us that take just a few planes to the battlefield. Dutchy

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Dutchy,

Great questions, but I'm only going to touch on the tray design aspect. The Colonel provided me two tray designs for Central and Entente(1 each). They are part of the initial trial run.

If you want something generic though, I do still produce the generic tray that started all of this. It won't hold the figures as snugly, but it is good for pretty much any plane. Kilted Wolf would be able to tell you if there are any planes that don't fit, as I only bought a few planes to work on designs with.

Anyways, off to cut stencils! I've got a long weekend of gluing ahead.

Bryan

Dutchy, Bryan -- The "generic" tray (see my album) fits all planes from the WW1 series'. They are extremely well made and I really like them a lot. I am sure the new "specific" trays will be just great -- and both the Colonel and Bryan are a pleasure to work with and order from.

Cheers!

Do we know when these will be available, yet?

I am itching to store all my stuff nicely and be able to carry it better in the Army Transport cases.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

I am gluing the trays together today, and hopefully shipping to the Colonel tomorrow. All it takes then is approval and I can ramp up production.

I hope most of you stay loyal to Aerodrome Accessories. The Col. is much more in touch with WoW needs. Maybe not as fast as some would like, but ends up with a superior product.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. KR Multicase Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 14:48
  2. Figures in Comfort Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 05:03
  3. Silly Custom cards!
    By =Binks= in forum Hobby Room