Ares Games
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Series 4 Miniatures

Prakti

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    Here are some pics of the planes and other upcoming Wings of War stuff...
    That's what I've been waiting for. Andre, you are my personal hero.

Cheers.

...So marvellous!

merlindex's Avatar Vendée Flight Leader
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Merlin
    Sorties Flown

Can I use this pics for my french web site please ?

I did not take the pictures but I am quite sure that you can use them. Just ask Michael if you want to be sure. (Send you a pm with his email adress.)

merlindex's Avatar Vendée Flight Leader
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Merlin
    Sorties Flown

thank's my friend !
    It 's done !

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Those rocket Nieuports look crazy!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Very nice Pics so far!
    Can't wait, for the new Series Planes!!!!
    The new German Camouflage looks Great!

Thank you Flight Leader

MfG

Andreas

Cannot wait to get the blue-green Rumpler, the blue-yellow Pfalz and Bishops SE5...

And than all the others.

So far I have all planes from the first serie and majorities from the others but the fourth may likely be my second I-need-them-all serie.

Default Overtime required

I've already instructed my FLGS that I will NEED at least one of each Balloon and Set 4, then I'll likely buy another SE5a and Pfalz or 2 for repaints.

Found these on another site, thought I'd share them, sorry if they have already been posted

TD

Any word on when they will be released?

Users Country Flag

Name
    allen
    Sorties Flown

wow! they're great...can't wait to see them, did someone say late May release date?

I wonder why the packing of the Balloon-Set is so big.

Well, it should have two damage decks in there, lots of counters, and range ruler and flight board I would think as well. Don't forget about the Balloon's base and the planes maneuver deck.

Late may is the suggested release date for Series 4.

Has anyone information about production figures of Rumpler C.IV? Finally the Germans get a real multipurpose two-seater, although the old Roland looks more handsome.

kaarem

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Has anyone information about production figures of Rumpler C.IV?
    Less than a 100 according to "http://www.theaerodrome.com".

Regards
    Kaare Myltoft
    Last edited by kaarem; 03-03-2010 at 06:15.

It's been interesting to watch Angi' do the plane selections for both WoW & DoW because they seem like a mix of iconic planes and lower production or region specific variations.

While I'm all for variety, I sort of feel like the niche planes should be relegated to their own series while the high production number widely deployed planes should get precedence.

Variety is the spice of life I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    It's been interesting to watch Angi' do the plane selections for both WoW & DoW because they seem like a mix of iconic planes and lower production or region specific variations.

While I'm all for variety, I sort of feel like the niche planes should be relegated to their own series while the high production number widely deployed planes should get precedence.

Variety is the spice of life I suppose...
    I think it is an interesting mixtures he chooses.

luckrider

Late may is the suggested release date for Series 4.
    I'd see to it, if I can convince Nexus to get some pre production models to the show in Cologne Germany for the record attempt, will try

They're already so far behind on all the other releases I have to wonder how everything shakes out at this point! Believe me, I'm totally happy for the delays personally because I've only got Series 1 & 2 minis....still need to get series 3...but by that same taken...the guys who have everything at this point are probably pulling their hair out in anticipation!

Nothing official on the release date yet?

Also I was wondering why the Nieuport 17 and 23 have the same climb rate of 3 when the 23 had a bigger engine and all the info I find said the 23 climbs at 1000' per minute. Which is the same rate as the DR1 and the Camel which have a climb rate of 2??

Exactly! I've thought the same.

Don't have a definitive answer (you'll need Andrea A. for that), but most Nieuport 23s used a lighter version of the Le Rhone engine used in the Nieuport 17, rated just 10hp higher. Perhaps the stats you saw are for more powerful versions ?

Talking about odd climb rates, I read an account of a RFC squadron's encounter with the Flying Circus where the pilot (writing in his diary) noted that the German's Albatros DVas could outclimb their Camels.

So far my research, both online and at the library, has come up with the following climb rates:

Nieuport 17 855 ft/min
    Nieuport 23 1,100 ft/min
    Snipe 970 ft/min
    Camel 1.085 ft/min
    SPAD XIII 1,312 ft/min (one book said 384 ft/min)
    SE 5a 1,000 ft/min

DRI 1,130 ft/min
    DIII 886 ft/min
    DVa 830 ft/min
    DVII 787 ft/min

I am still trying to find more sources as some are contradictory but most of these make sense.

In addition to using the higher HP lighter engine the N-23 had the forward part of the fuselage streamlined as well as redesigned wings. It wasnt just the N-17 with 10 more hp.

Bill

They look right, as far as I can tell. Your D7 stat is correct for the original Mercedes powered fighter, the BMW equipped F model reportedly could outclimb any allied plane in service. Don't have any figures for it, however.

I wonder if aircraft speed and other data were also factors in assigning climb rates ? I'd be surprised if Mr A. made a mistake, given how well researched everything else is.
    Last edited by IRM; 03-12-2010 at 14:14.

I did a little more research and found better climb rates for the DVII. A couple of sources put it in the 1000 ft/min range and one that was more like 1,100. I think you are right it makes a difference which engine and at what altitude they are figuring it for. Same with speed. Assuming it is a max rate it must start at sea level is my assumption.

The rate for the SPAD looks too high on the one hand and too low on the other. I have never heard it was a apectacular climber and 1,300 would make it the best of the war. I have always heard the DRI was the best climber and the Snipe was the fastest.

Ah, I found some information about Rumpler's production. According to Windstock's Datafile #035 - Rumpler C.IV, the total production of C.IV (and maybe C.VII's too) seems to be 700 (by Rumpler). I can seek more details if someone is interested.

So, not so rare as Roland.

What is the latest release date for th Serice 4 miniatures

Users Country Flag

Name
    Perry
    Sorties Flown

Yep, a combined total of 700 C.IV/C.VII seems to paint the best historical figure. The C.IV entered front line service in February 1917; production stopped in July 1918. The C.VII was introduced in Nov 1917 but carried no forward guns. In late 1918, 253 C.IVs were still in front line service.

Regret that while I keep front line service statistics on all planes I am sloppy at recording references - generally, I seek multiple sources however.

Last edited by SHVAK; 04-30-2010 at 19:29.

Anyone know what is causing the delay in bringing out new models?

I have no idea. But I would rather they take thier time and get it right, rather than rush and muck it up.

An update from Andrea on the 10th of May:

I can not say anything about English language releases, that's a different
    process, and that you can check on FFG's site.

Anyway, in the Old Continent I'd asy any second now. In Italy we are waiting for
    WW2 Airplane Pack Series 2 (miniatures), "Flight of the Giants" (WW1 bombers),
    "Hit & Run" and "Crossfire" (WW1 boosters), "Last Biplanes" and "Revolution in
    the Sky" (WW2 boosters) withion May, to redistribute them in a week or two all
    over Europe. I guess that a reprint of the game mats will come together with
    them.

WW1 Airplane Pack Series 4 (miniatures) should be there in June instead.

The WW1 Deluxe Set is expected in July.

All the best,

Andrea

Better start saving up for those SE5a and Rumpler models !

It is good to get an update. At least we know where we are now. I can spend this months pension on other things.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hmm, I hope the minis from the new Deluxe Set will also be available individually... otherwise there will be too many extra counters and damage cards.

The Deluxe set minis will only come in that set. I know that you could sell any extra cards and counters here on the site.

When will the Series 4 WW1minatures be released?

The Icelandic volcano and the ensuing chaos in the skies caused some delays (products travel by sea - but Auletta's drawings, prototypes to be approved and quiet a lot of other stuff by air, and TNT had big troubles delivering them), so here the updates. For Europe, as ever - check instead FFG's site for the rest of the world.

In Italy we already have WW2 Airplane Pack Series 2 (miniatures), that will reach local shops and european next week or so.

"Flight of the Giants" (WW1 bombers), "Hit & Run" and "Crossfire" (WW1 boosters), "Last Biplanes" and "Revolution in the Sky" (WW2 boosters) will be here in three weeks, to be redistributed in a week or two all over Italy and Europe.

The reprint of the game mats will be delayed so they will probably arrive together with WW1 Airplane Pack Series 4 (miniatures), that should be on shop shelves within July.

The WW1 Deluxe Set is now expected on sale within August.

Thanks for the update, Andrea.

Yes indeed. Great update.

Thank you for the update. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Andrea Alastair

Great news. I can now see a spending spree ahead of me . Thanks for keeping us informed
    Andrea.
    Rob.

Darn it - I've only just completed my Series 1-3 collections!

My feeling is that with this release the game could result unbalanced.
    A Pfalz D.III cannot compete with a Se.5a.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducalutra View Post
    My feeling is that with this release the game could result unbalanced.
    A Pfalz D.III cannot compete with a Se.5a.
    I think that the only aircraft capable of giving it a run for its money at the moment would be the Fokker DR.VII.
    Why don't you sign in on the "Reporting for duty" thread and let us all know that another intrepid airman has arrived.
    Good flying to you.
    Rob. Aka. Flying Officer Kyte.

Default Exactly my point

That's exactly my point Rob: in the series released up to now, we found that the forces were rather balanced. Sopwith Snipe is a good match for a Fokker D.VII, as a Camel to a Dreidecker.
    With my players, as a rule of thumb, we always opposed models from the same serie, to prevent one side to be advantaged.
    From what I see of the IV serie, the Allied are gaining a VERY good and fast fighter, perhaps even better than the much feared Snipe, while the Central Empires get only a little stronger version of the Albatros D.III (as they share the same movemente deck).
    I find surprising that they present in the same released two fighters clearly unfit to fight in the same match.

Anyways, next sunday I'm meeting Andrea at a Game Meeting here in Tuscany, I think I'll better ask him.

Btw, I'll sign in, but please don't call me "intrepid airman"... I'm not otaku to that point ;-)

Btw, I'll sign in, but please don't call me "intrepid airman"... I'm not otaku to that point ;-)

Very sorry! It won't happen again. I just try to keep in the spirit of the game because I am totally "otaku" old bean.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 06-06-2010 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Very sorry! It won't happen again. I just try to keep in the spirit of the game because I am totally "otaku" old bean.
    Rob.

Ahahah!!! I did as well when I was administrator (they actually called the role herald) for the Miniaturetrading.com Pirates forum.
    Almost all my post started with a "AVAST ME HEARTIES"... And so on. It's a drug!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed
    By Desaix in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 16:10
  2. WGF: Flight of Giants
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 09:24
  3. WGF: Hit & Run booster
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements