Ares Games

Thread: Alone in Greenville...

Default Alone in Greenville...

Hello All,

I am a lonely fan of Wings of Glory in Greenville, OH. Maybe someone knows of a group near by that I can be part of. I chose the WW2 WoG because my dad is a huge WW2 buff and so, naturally, this was the most appealing game choice for me. Just got some Bombers for my collection, so my next challenge is to learn how to use them and find a way to transport them.

P.S. Why can't I post on the other threads?
    Last edited by KevinsHope; 02-06-2014 at 14:41.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Kevin.
    I do have to say, if there was a middle of no where in Ohio, you're there
    I know there are some players in Dayton, which looks like the closest to you.
    You might try the Sunday games at the Soldiery in Columbus (1st or second Sunday of the month; contact The Cowman (Ken) for the date).
    Also, CappyTom runs a game at his church the 3rd Sunday of the month in Ada.
    Karl (Akron, Ohio).
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Exclamation

G'day Kevin & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of all the pilots who fly in N.S.W. here in Australia.
    Some Aussie members have the same problem due to the tyranny of distance.
    However there is the opportunity to play Solo games using the excellent Richard Bradley rules.
    You can download the charts & templates from the files section but do check out some of the solo games After Action Reports in both WW1 (over the trenches) & WW2 sections to see how well they work.

Good luck in your gaming.
    I guess you do get to play your dad?

Welcome! From one pilot in the middle of nowhere (CT) to another, this is a great game and an extremely helpful community.

7eat51 (Eric) should be able to help you with the posting issues... as for transporting your planes, the original Ares packaging works well. That is, at least, where I've got my WWII bombers currently parked.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    However there is the opportunity to play Solo games using the excellent Richard Bradley rules.
    You can download the charts & templates from the files section but do check out some of the solo games After Action Reports in both WW1 (over the trenches) & WW2 sections to see how well they work.
    I always forget to mention these! Barry is right... they're excellent.

Hi Kevin, welcome to the Drome from across the pond where the rain don't stop!

Hi Kevin,

Allow me to welcome you, here. You have a great group in Ohio, so you're in good hands. Hope you can join us at Origins.

You should be good to go regarding posting.

Cheers,
    Eric

Welcome Kevin from another (transplanted) Buckeye. Some of the others have already pointed out a few of the regular games around Ohio. I know there may be others. (I'm sure other members of the Ohio squadron will be by soon to confirm or deny).

I'll also add my vote for the solo rules, as they are outstanding. PM or post if you're interested & I (or the others) can hook you up with the links to the files if you don't find them before then.

As for posting, there is a limit on new members as to the forums they can post in until they have 5(IIRC?) posts under their belt (to try & deter spammers), & then they're clear for take-off.

If you are reffering to Origins in Columbus, I will certainly be there. If you are going to do games, maybe I could sign up for one.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinsHope View Post
    If you are reffering to Origins in Columbus, I will certainly be there. If you are going to do games, maybe I could sign up for one.
    I will be running the Sails of Glory games. By all means, sign up for one of those. It is a great sister game, set in the age of sail.

There will be plenty of WWI and WWII WoG games to choose from, a tourney, and a group dinner. Good times await.

Ahhh...yes...I really want to try the SoG. Looks awesome.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Kevin, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Thank you for all the welcomes.

Kevin,
    Welcome from the West side of the continent, on Vancouver Island.

I only recently played a game in my home, after a year and a half playing the game. Most games were solo, but a lot were by Skype, with players around the world. It isn't exactly the same as face-to-face gaming, but pretty close.

Hangout vs Skype - WGS Battle of Britain Tutorial - The Germans Are Taught a Lesson

I play mostly WWI, but there are others out there that will play WWII.

Mike

Welcome from east of nowhere, Cape Cod! Lots of summer tourists but no pilots!

Definitely give the solo system a try, sure beats only gaming at conventions or long distance, and it is a challenge! Another thing is to get in on an email game.

Peter

Hi Kevin,
    Welcome to the Aerodrome, enjoy! We will see you at Origins.

We play WWI at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg on occasion...still a bit of a drive for you, but better than nothing!

And welcome to the 'drome!

Welcome in to another Buckeye! Look for the next playing at the Soldiery, hopefully I will be able to make it this month also

Hello Kevin, welcome to the group!!!

Hi Kevin - welcome from here in the UK

On behalf of the rest of the pilots based over here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Kevin.
    I look forward to hearing more about your exploits in due time.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Not alone anymore. Met you tonight up at Gray House Comics downtown - glad I stopped by that place been a long time and thanks for stopping by for the quick meet and greet, this will make 3 here in big G'ville. We will be flying together or against each other soon.

Maybe we could start a little club here in Greenville or something. I could get Brian in on it and maybe a few others. That would be fun.

Glad some of you fellows were able to meet up. Look forward to hearing of your exploits, AAR's, etc.

If any of you guys get up to Bashcon this Saturday, a number of us will be in open gaming.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...l=1#post272872
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Welcome aboard, Kevin! I would like to echo Jager's post. You are most welcome the 3rd Sunday of the month at Cappy Tom's in Ada. And, also an invite to Origins in Columbus as well. We are planning a lot of events there as well. Looking forward to flying with you soon!
    Randy in Lima

We are gaming tomorrow in Dayton, come join us!

a belated welcome kevin!! if youre interested i work at a games store in celina (dreadfully good games 206 s. sugar street celina oh 45822) where we play wings of glory with some regularity. trying to get regular once a month day going for it. also i play in a monday night gaming group with a rotating pick and i usually pick wgf. if youre (or anyone else) is interested contact me for the next night we play and ill get you directions.