Ares Games

Thread: Is the "feel" of the site different since the server change?

Default Is the "feel" of the site different since the server change?

Hello everyone,
    there seems to be much less picture traffic on the site since the changes at the end of last year. I suspect it has to do with the various degrees of storage space each member has. I for one, miss the eye candy. How has the "feel" of the site changed (if at all) in your opinion, since the server upgrade and the membership changes
    Answers on a postcard - as they used to say way back then in the 1990's.
    Have a good day,
    Blauer Baron.

Agree Kevin. I add another thing that I miss - more new files and "free stuff". I am not sure if it depends on site changes, but I think it depends on motivation of some members (and that seems me lower than before changes). I really miss these things
    Please, continue with your (maybe small) projects even if you disagree with changes.

Quite true...

If you guys are missing those things, start adding some All of the storage space has been at least doubled at all levels and files uploaded to the Files section has never been changed or restricted.

Do you feel that I am not uploading enough now?
    The problem is not in the space, the problem is in motivation of users. For examle Lino22, gold reputation medal, now totaly de-motivated and he can not do anything. The system works well for senior users - me, Andrzej, Rob and others, but it creates virtual (in "feel level") obstacles for new members. If this system were on the forum from the beginning, no one would be such as it is today - with hundreds of active users, thousands of passive readers and many GB of useful (!) files.
    Motivation of volunteers is not an easy discipline... I know something about it.
    By the way, I liked much more support through medals, lotteries ot charity than membership. Just my 2¢.

How has the "feel" of the site changed (if at all) in your opinion, since the server upgrade and the membership changes
    IMHO? No real changes at all. Seems pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Do you feel that I am not uploading enough now?
    Not at all my friend. I'm just saying this site is only as good as we make it. If we feel there is a lack in a certain area, it's up to us, the ones that notice it, to start the ball rolling to fix that area.

I personally do not sense a change here on the site. I think the holidays have an effect on how much content besides just posts get added to the site. They are busy times for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    IMHO? No real changes at all. Seems pretty much the same.
    For me it feels exactly the same...

It is common when change occurs for some folks to experience a sense of loss, and that has occurred on the 'Drome. In time, some folks will reengage; sadly, some won't. Unfortunately, the site couldn't continue in the same way.

Though some members might not feel very motivated at present, I have been processing quite a few files lately. I imagine with the holidays over, we'll see an increased amount of activity.

Edit - Keith beat me to the holiday comment. I noticed a dip in posts and activity over the past couple of weeks, but that it is starting to pick up again.

I think it feels the same. Probably a lull from the holidays.

I thought there was a lack of movement last Jan when I joined the site but then it sharp picked up. It seems to go in peaks and troughs. But as Keith has said its only as good as what we put in. o lets keep putting in...now what's next? Left leg or right arm?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Ah, I thought we were still doing the hokey cokey, not twister!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Right hand on blue!
    See you on the Dark Side......

Get a Photobucket or Flickr account, and link to it.

I also thought there was a lack of new pics, I myself not posted any for a while as not sure about the re-sizing.
    But hope to post some new schemes shortly That I have done as well as a couple of AAR from the Avon campaign

Thumbs up

I certainly done feel any change except for the slackening over the holiday season.
    I have not had a chance to game for almost 2 months because of one thing or another so no AAR's.
    However hope to rectify that on Friday Night!

All part of the ebb and flow... But you know, a painting contest would spruce things up aroun here; it has been 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    All part of the ebb and flow... But you know, a painting contest would spruce things up aroun here; it has been 6 months.

It took time to assimilate the quik changes and the holidays.

Finaly I regrouped resources and it works same style.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I don't think the "feel" of the site has changed, but the down time with the move did kind of throw me off my stride. That, coupled with the holidays, busy season at work, a KS campaign I was heavily involved in, & my ongoing wellbeing issues that had been very bad for a few weeks, all conspired against me.

As the others say, it's that time of year I guess. I feel like I'm starting to catch my breath & get my wind back up again finally.

Similar Missions

1. National Derby 29th: "Where's my wingman?" "Taking pictures Sir"
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 06:33
  2. National: 4 NUOVE ESPANSIONI "CUSTOM" per "Wing of Glory"
    By mumo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 12:58
  3. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  4. Ares Games "WW2 Wings of Glory" Contest on BGG site
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 02:33
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39