Ares Games

Thread: 63mm X 88mm Movement Cards

Default 63mm X 88mm Movement Cards

How do the new large movement cards fit in with the smaller cards.

John B.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    How do the new large movement cards fit in with the smaller cards.

John B.
    Is that a question or a statement?

It's not the size of the card it's the size of the arrow that counts - as the actress said to the bishop ! It's a bigger card to accommodate the faster speeds & turns of the later types (and future models !) John. So yeah, they fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    It's not the size of the card it's the size of the arrow that counts - as the actress said to the bishop ! It's a bigger card to accommodate the faster speeds & turns of the later types (and future models !) John. So yeah, they fit in.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog - as Batman said to Superman.

Sorry, Dave, couldn't help myself...

There will be much "longer" cards for a Me163 or a Me 262.

...in general we had sometimes more problems to place the bigger cards in front of the planes when planes maneuver close to each other or when maneuver cards and plane cards overlap .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 250px-Messerschmitt_Me_163B.jpg  
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 12-26-2013 at 03:51.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    There will be much "longer" cards for a Me163 or a Me 262.
    Yes, please!! Can it be tomorrow? With the Me262 card also? Please?! Pretty please?!

These new fangled jet thingies wil never catch on you know, a tried and tested Camel or SE5 is what you need
    Merry Xmas all

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    These new fangled jet thingies wil never catch on you know, a tried and tested Camel or SE5 is what you need
    Merry Xmas all
    I want it all, Chris!! First war and second war, all the pretty little planes. All of them! All of them!! Rosebud! Rosebud!!

I only got into WW2 because a friend gave me some planes, now I have most of them. Don't know about jets

"Rosebud! Rosebud!!"

I was not familar with this quote.
    Apparently, it is from the movie,"Citizen Kane":
    (--- the enigma of his dying words. These were "Rosebud." The device of the picture calls for a newspaperman (who didn't know Kane) to interview people who knew him very well. None had ever heard of "Rosebud." Actually, as it turns out, "Rosebud" is the trade name of a cheap little sled on which Kane was playing on the day he was taken away from his home and his mother. In his subconscious it represented the simplicity, the comfort, above all the lack of responsibility in his home, and also it stood for his mother's love which Kane never lost.)

See:
    http://www.wellesnet.com/?p=187
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane

You've got it, Ken.

The lost childhood. The lost toy.
    Something we've lost and try to get again, searching it for all of our lives.
    Some through work, some through love, some through hobbies, some through conquest and power, some through all this and some through nothing of it or something else completely different.
    Men doing this search much more than women do it. Maybe because women already know that they can have something unique born from them and men don't.

"Rosebud! Rosebud!"

I lost my first plane - beloved, adored and played with so much - when I was 5 years old and never got it again.

Merry Xmas all
    Now... don't get me wrong, I love me my SE5a.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Yes, please!! Can it be tomorrow? With the Me262 card also? Please?! Pretty please?!
    But Joaquim has the right of it... Me262s? Please!

I want it all, Chris!! First war and second war, all the pretty little planes. All of them! All of them!! Rosebud! Rosebud!!
    This works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    I only got into WW2 because a friend gave me some planes, now I have most of them. Don't know about jets
    Armaments in Miniature (http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm) does some Korean War, Vietnam War, Arab-Israeli, and Falklands pieces... but no WWII jets.

Yet. I hope.
    Last edited by fast.git; 12-26-2013 at 06:55. Reason: Added Emphasis

Fiddlers Green has a paper model of an Me 262.
    I made one in 1/72 scale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crop 6.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	118123

Quote Originally Posted by Zakopious View Post
    Fiddlers Green has a paper model of an Me 262.
    I made one in 1/72 scale.

Name:	crop 6.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	118123
    It's beautiful, Ken. I also have it, but haven't build it yet. The problem is... doing it in 1/200 scale.
    I've tried to make a SM-79 Sparviero and it didn't went well.

Smile

Merry Xmas all
    The Dark side will get you yet!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I was wondering why the bigger cards now I know thanks

It's beautiful, Ken. I also have it, but haven't build it yet. The problem is... doing it in 1/200 scale.
    I've tried to make a SM-79 Sparviero and it didn't went well.
    If I try to build it in 1/200 scale, I would use 32 Lb. paper.
    32 Lb. paper = 120 gsm.

See: http://www.papersizes.org/us-international-weights.htm

I will give a try again to ww2 1/200 paper models soon. But probably a bomber.

My hangers will not accommodate jets, nope, nope, nope. At least in the WWII era. If Ares makes them, that is the one series I would have to pass on. But, I do think they could be a very popular addition to the game, though I would ban them for the table at my home.

Ban is such a harsh word... I would, most likely, covet a few Me262s...

I won't ban in WW2 games any WW2 plane. I may ban an oversized Fokker D.VII with megalomaniac ideas of fighting against Spitfires.

Name:	DCP_4649.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	118272

Well here is one of my 1/144 Me 262's. I was drawn to that side awhile ago and still buy them along with the Ares planes. You never have enough planes.

Name:	DCP_3265.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	118273

Here is a Franklin mint plane I have. It is a medal model and I thing 1/48 scale.

These are beautiful, Bob.
    The me-262 has an amazing appearance. It's a shark flying and looks like a shark.

Similar Missions

1. Movement Cards
    By ThreeDingBats in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 12:04
  2. Movement Cards with Only One Arrow
    By Eris Lobo in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 23:00
  3. WOW movement cards A to XD pdf
    By Baxter in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 2