Ares Games

Thread: Hurricane and 109 help

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rich
    Sorties Flown

Default Hurricane and 109 help

Hi
    Recent and very excited player but I am mainly interested in doing BoB games and may be getting a 109 and Mk II Spit - but can't get the Hurricanes for love or money, seems daft they are not reprinting the two most needed planes for BoB !

So question is - as I can get 1/200 models OK - use the flight stands off other stuff the only sticking point in the mver deck for the planes - which are the closest decks from the current ares production planes that would be best to use for the early Spits Hurries and the 109 please?

Here are a few Hurricanes on sale, these guys are good and trustworthy, you can change the roundels if needed too

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catal...+war+clearance

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rich
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for that!!!!!!
    6 Hurries winging their way to England!

Here's the only 109E's on the market I am aware of, they are resin and easily painted and they offer decals as well, their models have been first rate in my experience. They can be spray painted light blue on the bottoms and brushed with green & dark green for a quick job. I do not know if they will re-make the Nexus ones . . .

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm

An Italian site has a few 109s (Molders), some Spits (Falkowski & Vybral) and the Kuznetsov Hurricane. Shipping is a little steep, but the prices per unit aren't bad.

http://hobbygiochi.com/category/mini...ings-of-war-1/

I've purchased hard-to-find WGF kites from them in the past... very accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Here's the only 109E's on the market I am aware of, they are resin and easily painted and they offer decals as well, their models have been first rate in my experience. They can be spray painted light blue on the bottoms and brushed with green & dark green for a quick job. I do not know if they will re-make the Nexus ones . . .

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm
    Dave, do you have any pictures of models from this company that you have made? Their prices seem very reasonable. Thanks for the link.

Here's some of my AIM models. They are made of resin so they are smooth surfaced and hold lots of great detail. Here the SBD's have cool details on the dive flap surfaces:

Upper models are Avengers, bottom the SBDs

Detailed and decaled

Here is the Kate

They come with a cast in place screw which is nice if you use magnets to mount them.

Very nice quality indeed, I will be buying a few more . . .

Thanks, Dave. Very helpful.

Did you pick up the decals from the site?

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Thanks, Dave. Very helpful.

Did you pick up the decals from the site?
    Yes and they are quite nice as well! : ) They have several unique offerings to tempt one . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
    So question is - as I can get 1/200 models OK - use the flight stands off other stuff the only sticking point in the mver deck for the planes - which are the closest decks from the current ares production planes that would be best to use for the early Spits Hurries and the 109 please?
    ERK. Current production - Pretty much any deck for the 109E, they're all similar (not the new release though, too fast). You really need a C or D deck for Hurris, the rest are too fast.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rich
    Sorties Flown

Thanks guys - Paypal account a lot lighter but now awaiting 4 109 6 Hurries and some Mk2 Spits - happy, but broke man!

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    An Italian site has a few 109s (Molders), some Spits (Falkowski & Vybral) and the Kuznetsov Hurricane. Shipping is a little steep, but the prices per unit aren't bad.

http://hobbygiochi.com/category/mini...ings-of-war-1/

I've purchased hard-to-find WGF kites from them in the past... very accommodating.
    Is there a way to change to english on there site as my Italian is bad

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    Is there a way to change to english on there site as my Italian is bad
    My browser has translation software...

It did not, however, when I placed my first order. As my Italian is nearly nonexistent, I plugged much of the text into online translation sites... and I emailed the company. I explained that my Italian was awful, and they walked me through the ordering process through email and then through PayPal... all in English. Very helpful.

I'll PM you the contact email I used.

Chris

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rich
    Sorties Flown

Google Chrome translated it for me.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Hurricane Sandy Relief
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 05:20