Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flame and Smoke special damage markers

I would take 3 each (flame & smoke) of the ones that fit the scout models. Did you have ones that are off-set to fit the bombers & giants also? I don't remember. If so I'd take 2 each in the bomber size and 1 giant size too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    How many of each would you guys be looking for?
    I’d be happy to get a dozen of each for the scout/fighter sized models.

Thanks!

I'd be looking for some of these. not sure how many 10 for scouts and 5 for bombers maybe

Count how many fire cards are in the decks first chaps

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Count how many fire cards are in the decks first chaps
    Then multiply by the number of decks you and your mates own

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    I would take 3 each (flame & smoke) of the ones that fit the scout models. Did you have ones that are off-set to fit the bombers & giants also? I don't remember. If so I'd take 2 each in the bomber size and 1 giant size too.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    I’d be happy to get a dozen of each for the scout/fighter sized models.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabscallion View Post
    I'd be looking for some of these. not sure how many 10 for scouts and 5 for bombers maybe
    Sorry for not replying sooner guys, I've been working 60+ hours every week this month. Things should calm down this coming week though and I'll see about getting some of these made up.

Brian, I never made off set versions of the old style, just larger ones to fit those pegs/planes.

No worries Keith, I'll be ready when you're ready!

Brian, I never made off set versions of the old style, just larger ones to fit those pegs/planes.
    That sounds good, I'll just take a few of each size then. Thanks!

I'll have 4 to fit the scouts and 2 for the bombers please

thank you

Filliped

How do I color the markers to look like the pictures in the aerodrome store? The images on the 1st post were disabled as I can’t see them

Quote Originally Posted by Filliped View Post
    How do I color the markers to look like the pictures in the aerodrome store? The images on the 1st post were disabled as I can’t see them
    I hand painted those flame and smoke markers years ago. If you decide that you want to do this your self, I would suggest getting some very fine grain sandpaper and roughing them up to get the paint to adhere better. I would also put a clear coat sealer on them after you paint them. I've had those markers for years and they still look just as good today as they did back then.

Filliped

I hand painted those flame and smoke markers years ago. If you decide that you want to do this your self, I would suggest getting some very fine grain sandpaper and roughing them up to get the paint to adhere better. I would also put a clear coat sealer on them after you paint them. I've had those markers for years and they still look just as good today as they did back then.
    So would you recommend paint? I saw something about crayons at the first post.

That first post was for the old style markers that are no longer available. The new 3 part style does not have to be painted (I don't paint them), but they can be if you feel like making them more artistic/realistic looking.

Hello Keith.

Quick question. On various AARs I've seen Archie explosions in a similar style/plastic to the flame/smoke counters. Is that you/Aerodrome or another enterprising member? Also how do I get them?

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Keith.

Quick question. On various AARs I've seen Archie explosions in a similar style/plastic to the flame/smoke counters. Is that you/Aerodrome or another enterprising member? Also how do I get them?
    "Litko" make these - UK distributor here:- https://www.gamingenhancements.com/a...arkers?rq=flak
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hello Keith.

I used to make some years ago. They did not sell very well so I stopped making them

just been on the website. so that's some Flack bursts, then the AA markers look great, then there's...……………. and so it goes on. Plus the flame smoke markers from the store site. Ta for the information

just been on the website. so that's some Flack bursts, then the AA markers look great, then there's...……………. and so it goes on. Plus the flame smoke markers from the store site. Ta for the information
    The slippery slope steepens...….!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I have a quick question on the smoke and fire markers... are they not generic? I am only seeing 0/400 and R.VI on the website... or are those just for the big boys and everything else is sold out?

Thanks!
    Max

Hi Max,
    Litko has some smoke and flame markers that will work with Wings of Glory. October 2019 Workbench I showed how I made my work.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Hi Max,
    Litko has some smoke and flame markers that will work with Wings of Glory. October 2019 Workbench I showed how I made my work.
    Thank you!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

If you want some free ones to download and print out, check out the files section on Facebook at the "Official Wings of Glory" page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FansOfWOG/ I have uploaded the image files for them if you wish to used them. All you need are either the metal alligator clips OR you can try using the small wooden clothesline clips. I got a bag of 50 of these little buggers for mounting wire for modding some airplanes for use in the Fighter Pilot game, and using their table version of the flight stands. I haven't tried glueing these paper flame and smoke markers to one yet. But I may do it for testing purposes tho.
    Here is a link to that file there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FansOfWOG/files/

Quote Originally Posted by MadMad17 View Post
    I have a quick question on the smoke and fire markers... are they not generic? I am only seeing 0/400 and R.VI on the website... or are those just for the big boys and everything else is sold out?

Thanks!
    Max
    Hi Max,

I was on vacation so I just saw you post. I am currently sold out of the scout sized flame and smoke markers, that is why they are not showing up on the site right now. I'll get more of those cut here soon. The 0/400 and R.VI are designed for the those planes and put the markers under the engines. Since my markers are three pieces, you simply remove a part to keep track of how long you poor pilot is burning for.

Hello Keith

Will you put me down for 5 sets of Scout Flame/Smoke special damage markers when you next do/get them. No great rush but have you an "ish" date for them?

Ta everso

Iain

I am going to try and get some cut this week and back on the site. I've got several things I need to restock in fact.

I'll keep my eyes open for them to appear. Need a couple of Nieuport 17's to go with them

I got a small amount cut and up on the site over the weekend. I'll try and get more this week if they sell out.

Thanks Keith

Order sent. If you run out, hold the planes until you can send in one package. oohh more planes

I got a small amount cut and up on the site over the weekend. I'll try and get more this week if they sell out.
    Order placed! Now... about those hanger trays...

Man, I was too slow! And there was much sadness

Quote Originally Posted by MadMad17 View Post
    Man, I was too slow! And there was much sadness
    I think the only way we can all be happy is if we kidnap Keith, lock him in a room with lots of plastic, paints and models, so he could play (work) to his hearts content (and ours) oh and make a day 48 hours long. Thanks for the stirling work you do for us all Keith

I think the only way we can all be happy is if we kidnap Keith, lock him in a room with lots of plastic, paints and models, so he could play (work) to his hearts content (and ours) oh and make a day 48 hours long. Thanks for the stirling work you do for us all Keith
    I've seen his amazing shop and 3D laser cutter. It is a very impressive setup. Now if he just didn't have that pesky day job (he works for the same company as my wife), and he'll have to stop tending to this forum for sure, oh... and he'll definitely need to ship his family off somewhere so he can concentrate. We'll all have to pool our money to support him in the manner to which he is accustomed...

Now if only he lived here in the U.K. he could be furloughed like half the workforce here, So the government pays him to not go to work, so he would need something to keep him busy... simple. All you have to do is move Keith, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Keith

Order arrived today. All tickety boo at this end, very pleased. Ta everso Iain. Yeah more planes

I just received my order of scout and Staaken markers, along with some other goodies. Everything looks great, a definite QOL and visual upgrade. I think I'll be wanting to order a second set for the Staaken so that I can have both engines marked as smoking or burning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-13-2020, 06:11
  2. Aerodrome accessories markers and Litko bases
    By Kashirigi in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 11:42
  3. Mechanical markers
    By KiltedWolf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 08:04