Ares Games

Thread: December Scramble Cancelled

Default December Scramble Cancelled

Sorry everyone, our Scramble for December is cancelled!!! The church has planned a conference for Friday and Saturday for the Parish Center, so all other events there have to be rescheduled. I'll look into sometime in January as soon as possible and post it so your plans can be made.

Timothy, thank you for all you do for the Illinois/Wisconsin group. Without you and Michael putting together events, Sue and I wouldn't have met most of you, and that would have been a true loss for us.

To all the Illinois/Wisconsin group, may you have a blessed Christmas season. Sue and I look forward to seeing you in the new year.

Hooray! ...only because I couldn't make the December date and now maybe I can make it to the January one!

On the bright side, maybe Rick will have more time to finish his setup. I am looking forward to seeing and playing it.

I'm pouting just a bit...

I hope I can make it up there when your setup is ready. I picked up a Zeke, a Val, and even bought the WW2 rules! LoL! I have to play WW2 now!

But cheers for the Christmas Season! God Bless you all!

Quote Originally Posted by PFactorDave View Post
    I'm pouting just a bit...

I hope I can make it up there when your setup is ready.
    Let's set up a game time over the holidays. There are a couple of other folks within 30 minutes that can probably join. With the potential for adverse weather, I rather not put all our eggs in January's basket, if you will. If January is a go, let's carpool.

Thanks for the heads up...was looking forward to making my first one. I am sure there is plenty of other stuff I can do this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Let's set up a game time over the holidays. There are a couple of other folks within 30 minutes that can probably join. With the potential for adverse weather, I rather not put all our eggs in January's basket, if you will. If January is a go, let's carpool.
    I'm up for it. Definitely car pool in January.

If I can find a location on short Notice are people willing to come a bit farther North Say Janesville(30Min from Rockford) or Madison?

I just checked and The Last Square in Madison is willing to host if peope, are willing to come that far. I just need to let them know by Monday at the latest so they can reserve table space for us.

Location if you want to google the distance:

5944 Odana Rd, Madison, WI 53719

Right now all the WoG stuff is 50% off due to the store closing. Could be a last hurrah at the Square.

Let me know your interest level so I can commit and reserve the space.

Thanks,
    Last edited by afilter; 12-07-2013 at 10:29.

Well, so far no one has responded they can make it so I guess we will have to see what January brings. I will let the Last Square know they do not need to hold space.

Hope all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank you for trying to assemble us one more time before year's end, Aaron. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet come January.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Thank you for trying to assemble us one more time before year's end, Aaron. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet come January.
    No problem...I actually had the day set aside, so figured it was worth a try. Busy time of year for everyone, I am sure Household Six will find something for me to do otherwise my hobby bench is full of projects to complete.

I fear Madison would make for too long of a drive for folks around central Illinois, as well. Some have to drive 30+ minutes to reach Bloomington, and then we have a 3+ hour drive due north. Madison has some great places to eat, though. It used to have a wonderful cheese shop on the square. I hope it is still there.

Sorry Aaron, I didn't see your offer until tonight. My weekends are pretty full until after Christmas anyway. Last minute shopping and all...

ponderance

If there is a e-mail list for this I would love to sign up!

Quote Originally Posted by ponderance View Post
    Same here...

If there is no e-mail list, maybe it would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ponderance View Post
    Hi Richard, I missed you earlier!!! I just sent you a wingman request, and just keep watching for Illinois Scramble postings!!! I usually set these up here in Loves Park, IL (just north of Rockford). I'm in the process of planing for January, so hope to see you there so you can meet everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PFactorDave View Post
    Same here...

If there is no e-mail list, maybe it would be a good idea.
    I have a list started for the squadron, but I will make an effort to get everyone a copy at the next scramble!!! Also, you can set up a link for your email here on the Aerodrome in your profile section. If you look at my posting to the left, you will see a Yahoo symbol. You can click on that to email me any time!!!

How's the planning coming Tim.. thought I'd swing by and see the old board.. what weekend is looking promising this month?

Hello to all the New guys in the area..

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year..

Hi guys and gals. Just wondering if anything is planned yet for January.
    I also wanted to bring down a boardgame to show everyone. It's called Francis Drake and it is a great 5 player game. We have been playing it almost every Saturday, it's that good. If anyone is interested in coming up to Wisconsin to play on a Saturday,let me know.

Hello everyone!!! Sorry for the delay, but things are looking grim for a January Scramble here in Rockford!!! Still working on something as soon as possible, but it's not locked in yet!!!

just an FYI looks like Royal is gonna put some tables up and run some games, ans some tournaments.. I'll be trying to get him to do some X-wing tourneys and maybe we can get a scramble or two in when the church is not available..

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Scramble - December - Illinois / Wisconsin Squadrons
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 18:24
  2. Illinois: Squadron Scramble - Illinois / Wisconsin
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 20:36
  3. Illinois: March Scramble in Aurora
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 20:14
  4. Zeppelin-Staakens!?!? Scramble those interceptors!
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 03:27
  5. Christmas Eve Flying Cancelled!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 22:18