Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WGF Series 7 miniatures now on Pre-Order

Curious which Halberstad and which Bristol captures peoples' fancy the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Handley View Post
    I like them all but I like the brown and white Bristol and the # 5 Halberstad the most.

I was disappointed that the 1 Bristol painted in standard colours had an over the wing MG mod; certainly used but not common. I'll have to cut it off for standard modding.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    It still could. The bases in these product shots are just mock ups for advertising. The actual bases might be different.
    Any chance of finding out from Andrea or someone at Ares to confirm either way Keith?
    The Halb certainly has this 'Roland type' capability; as does the Brisfit I've been informed, be a shame if they haven't but maybe good for AA !!

It won't be good for my pocket if they do, because I have already bought a batch of the Oberst's bases ready for the release, going on the Brisfit existing cards.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Any chance of finding out from Andrea or someone at Ares to confirm either way Keith?
    The Halb certainly has this 'Roland type' capability; as does the Brisfit I've been informed, be a shame if they haven't but maybe good for AA !!
    They are on holiday until the 7th, so I don't expect an answer very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    It won't be good for my pocket if they do, because I have already bought a batch of the Oberst's bases ready for the release, going on the Brisfit existing cards.
    Rob.
    Now Rob, you know those bases would not go to waste. lol

Now Rob, you know those bases would not go to waste. lol
    And that worries me as well.
    Rob.

Couple of hard choices: For the Bristol I like the 3 tone job the best, but that night fighter is pretty slick too. on the Halb's I had been looking forward to that flame marked Red 3, BUT that orange & yellow stripe job is pretty choice looking...

As I already have done the Flame marked red three myself, it has to be the Orange and yellow one for me.
    For the same reasons, I have gone for the only Bristol that I have not got which is the three colour one.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Tommy
    Sorties Flown

So just outta curiosity. When are these coming? I know it say "Jan"... But ares site says "Feb"... Doesn't matter to much, I'm pre-ordering anyway,

Okay, they've pushed them a month already. I'll have to update the dates.

Halberstad: Swarze/Schumm (Niemann/Kolodzicj is too 'circusy', for me, Schfll 23 too boring)

Bristol F2B: Healdman/Beaton would be my first choise -- Arkell/Stagg is cool too

Quote Originally Posted by TGalante View Post
    So just outta curiosity. When are these coming? I know it say "Jan"... But ares site says "Feb"... Doesn't matter to much, I'm pre-ordering anyway,
    AIIIEEEEE!!!!

so... no earlier than March... April if we're lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    so... no earlier than March... April if we're lucky
    April wouldn't surprise me... but I'm hoping for late February or early March. I'm also interested in news on the Series 2 reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    April wouldn't surprise me... but I'm hoping for late February or early March. I'm also interested in news on the Series 2 reprints.
    I think we will see a pretty quick turn around between Series 7 and the reprint of Series 2. I've already confirmed that they are using the old Nexus molds for Series 2, so there is no delay in the molding part of that project.

VonHope

I love them I cant wait to get them

I think we will see a pretty quick turn around between Series 7 and the reprint of Series 2. I've already confirmed that they are using the old Nexus molds for Series 2, so there is no delay in the molding part of that project.
    Excellent...

Ooouuuuuuhhhh kkkkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
    My ongoing solo early war campaign will need the Albie II and the Spad 7 pretty soon.....
    Just sayin'

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Tommy
    Sorties Flown

We all shouldn't mind the delay. This just gives us more time to hide more money in those secret wings of glory bank accounts we all hide from our wives... don't tell me I'm the only one who does that?

We all shouldn't mind the delay. This just gives us more time to hide more money in those secret wings of glory bank accounts we all hide from our wives... don't tell me I'm the only one who does that?
    Sorry... Don't speak English... Don't understand what you are saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Sorry... Don't speak English... Don't understand what you are saying...

Uh, they're still coming up quicker than I expected! Neat planes, I really dig the grey Spad S.VII and the bicolor Bristol F.2B Fighter. I should preorder all four models asap!

CaudronMahout

Oooooooooooo, shiny!!!

Anyone know the story behind the grey Spad?

I don't know much... though I found a Wings Palette for this very aircraft: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/257/9/1

Most 23 Squadron S.VIIs I've seen pictures of are not in this color, however. For example, F-toys has an S.VII in PC-10ish livery, and many of the color plates I've been able to dig up are either PC-10 uppers, camouflaged, or clear-doped fabric In fact, I've seen an S.VII with the same serial on the tail, in clear-doped fabric livery. So, the grey livery could be one person's interpretation of a black and white photo.

I think that's the way I'm leaning.

This site, btw, has some very nice color plates: http://www.wwiaviation.com/gallery-spad-vii.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Ooouuuuuuhhhh kkkkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
    My ongoing solo early war campaign will need the Albie II and the Spad 7 pretty soon.....
    Just sayin'
    I should have looked at this thread properly, I was still working on Jan, my solo campaign is gonna be a bit sparce, my xtra camels, albie Dv. & focker tri's are in the order. That's what I get for trying to save on p&p.
    Last edited by Twisted_terrain; 01-10-2014 at 00:42.

I don't know much... though I found a Wings Palette for this very aircraft: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/257/9/1

Most 23 Squadron S.VIIs I've seen pictures of are not in this color, however. For example, F-toys has an S.VII in PC-10ish livery, and many of the color plates I've been able to dig up are either PC-10 uppers, camouflaged, or clear-doped fabric In fact, I've seen an S.VII with the same serial on the tail, in clear-doped fabric livery. So, the grey livery could be one person's interpretation of a black and white photo.

I think that's the way I'm leaning.

This site, btw, has some very nice color plates: http://www.wwiaviation.com/gallery-spad-vii.html
    I goggle'ed the serial # up recently & got a number of hits on pictures, the unit it flew with & such, but there is no mention of who the pilot was, & I do not believe it is known.

Not one to complain, but somewhat disappointed not to see Cochran-Patrick.

Oh no, my credit card just emitted a clearly audible groan

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Are we still looking at this "February"?
    Lets hope so!

Had a look at the ares site last night, they're going to be releasing some new duel packs with the series 7 minis.

Interesting. It was hinted at earlier that they may be taking a new angle on marketing.
    Rob.

Where?
    I can't find that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    Had a look at the ares site last night, they're going to be releasing some new duel packs with the series 7 minis.
    Oh that's interesting. Different paint schemes from singles? (One can hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Interesting. It was hinted at earlier that they may be taking a new angle on marketing.
    Rob.
    Cool. Hadn't heard that before. Any details available?

Yes, should still be Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    I've not heard that either, where can we find this info?

Ooops, sorry guys, I was a little worse for wear. It appears airplane packs equate to duel packs through my beer goggles.

Yes, should still be Feb.

I've not heard that either, where can we find this info?

Looking forward to trying out a Brisfit. Oooooh the anticipation!!! Time to roll out the '2-holers' once again.

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    Looking forward to trying out a Brisfit.
    Totally. That and the CL.II are top of my list!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Not one to complain, but somewhat disappointed not to see Cochran-Patrick.
    Agreed. Would have thought he was a rather easy choice, but no matter. Will K-C-P be an easy conversion, I wonder...? Think I need to go answer my own question!

Will K-C-P be an easy conversion, I wonder...? Think I need to go answer my own question!
    Outside of the red & white alternating strips on the nose of the S.VII, it shouldn't be all that difficult... didn't realize his was the SPAD on the front cover of Osprey's Duel #36!

Got my series 7 planes today... Very nice paint shemes!

can't wait for a game

Thanks Keith!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Miniatures on pre-order
    By Autopilot in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 17:22
  3. WGF: Dual Packs and Series 1 repaint on pre-order at 12-07 Games.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 14:00
  4. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 14:14
  5. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31