Ares Games

Thread: Doolittle's Raiders Last Toast

Default Doolittle's Raiders Last Toast

Just found a note regarding an event in nearby Dayton detailing the final toast of the last members of the Doolittle Raiders. Can't insert the link but if you are interested just search web with "Doolittle Raiders final toast Dayton Ohio" and various news accounts will present themselves for your perusal.

Not much of a fan of WW2, but these folks played a vital part in altering the course of the war and deserve all the accolades we can possibly aim their way. Just a note for those who are interested.

Happy Veteran's Day to all...though I still think of it as Armistice Day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APTOPIX_Doolittle_Raiders_F_r770x495.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	116343

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Watched a programme on the raid recently and was impressed all over again with their courage

To their last toast, and the brave fellows who preceded them:

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Saw this on the news today. They are the last three. I don't think that bottle of Hennessey will be opened but will stay in its spot as a remembrance to them.

So I wonder if when we view those goblets again in June after Origins, if those four will remain upright, or if they will have turned them down since no more toasts are coming

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post

So I wonder if when we view those goblets again in June after Origins, if those four will remain upright, or if they will have turned them down since no more toasts are coming
    I think they should stay upright as a symbol of hope for the future, just as if they might walk in one day and drink another one.
    Rob.

http://www.af.mil/live.aspx

This was sent to me today. It is a video of the event at the AF museum.

Having just watched this video along with Mrs Kyte, I would just like to thank you for allowing me to share this poignant and very moving historical occasion.
    It is good for us to be reminded of the self sacrifice that our forebears made for our Nations and our freedom.
    Also to see that behind the heroic stories there are real people who have an existence outside the hype of the media.
    I feel very humble in having been allowed to share this moment with the American people.
    Rob.

Very nice words Rob. I am sure your words reflect the feeling of many here.

Similar Missions

1. WGFB: Night Raiders of the Air
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 16:51
  2. A Toast to Don
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 16:29
  3. Doolittle Raiders
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15