Ares Games

Thread: Ace Patrol goes Pacific - Pacific Skies

Default Ace Patrol goes Pacific - Pacific Skies

A while ago we featured in these hallowed halls a new new Sid Meier game for WW1 called Ace Patrol.
    For those inclined that way, a new game has been released.
    Same game mechanics but this time take to the air in the Pacific theatre of WW2.

This time the game is not free, UK it costs £2.99 and you can choose to play either as a Us army or Navy Pilot or IJA or IJN pilot.

There then follows 8 campaigns each of 4 missions from the Pacific theatre (9 if you include the intro chapter or training missions).

As you fly through the campaign your aircraft can be upgraded and at various points you get new aircraft,
    Ie the USN starts with the Brewster, then upgrade to Wilcat, Corsair then Hellcat. These aircraft can also be upgraded with 4 to 6 add
    ons, unlike the WW1 version these add on do not follow the pilot but the aircraft so if you change planes you have to upgrade again.
    You start with 1 pilot and can control upto 4.
    As a plane accumulates damage it is not automatically repaired but only seems to be repaired as you change campaign settings so you have to choose carefully which planes to take on a mission.

Another fun little game, I like the pilots parachuting out when shot down, I wonder if he'll do a a BoB game soon.

I can raise Ace Patrol WWI Chris, but can't find the WWII version. Can you give me a lead in please?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sid had a game called Knights of the Sky years ago. I thing I broke a few joysticks flying the game. It was WWI and I loved it. There a company redoing the Panzer General games that are just like the old game. Check out MATREX GAMES. They also have a version of HARPOON.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I can raise Ace Patrol WWI Chris, but can't find the WWII version. Can you give me a lead in please?
    Rob.
    Sorry I should have said, this was for the Ipad, I know you can get a PC version of the WW1 game, dont know if the Pacific one is available for PC yet

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Sorry I should have said, this was for the Ipad, I know you can get a PC version of the WW1 game, don't know if the Pacific one is available for PC yet
    Thanks Chris. That has saved me looking any further then.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. WGSA: Air War Pacific
    By Coog in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 12:52
  2. Ambush Over the Pacific
    By Coog in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 15:49
  3. Pacific 1941
    By 82fox in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 1