Ares Games
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wings of Glory Aerodrome Paid Subscriptions

May I kindly ask: How does one go about getting a Signature Image? Hope it’s okay to inquire!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasChuck View Post
    May I kindly ask: How does one go about getting a Signature Image? Hope it’s okay to inquire!
    Chuck,
    Are you interested in a Gold Membership? If not, signature banners are not available. If you do get a Gold Membership, a banner could be arranged with a PM to me.

Either way, please enjoy the Forum, and apologies for not saying hello to you when you joined.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thank you!

I signed up for a Gold Membership on Feb 7th and paid the $5 dollars by PayPal. Is there something else I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Chuck,
    Are you interested in a Gold Membership? If not, signature banners are not available. If you do get a Gold Membership, a banner could be arranged with a PM to me.

Either way, please enjoy the Forum, and apologies for not saying hello to you when you joined.

Thank you!

I signed up for a Gold Membership on Feb 7th and paid the $5 dollars by PayPal. Is there something else I need to do?
    A gold membership is $60 a year. Once a gold member Mike (OldGuy59) will make you a banner.

Oh! I misunderstood the plan. Ok. I’ll just pay the full $60 on payday and that will fix it! Thank you gents!

Mike and Teaticket, thank you both. I just ordered my Gold Membership in full! I’m excited! :-)

If you don't hear from Keith about it this week let me know Chuck, as he is very busy at the moment.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you Rob, it’s no rush. This weekend I’m actually working on customizing my 1/144 planes. Trying to get them ready to place on Gimbal mounts and custom bases. All of which I’m ordering from the Aerodrome Store! So no hurry at all. I’m enyoying myself so much here.

The level of kindness and advice is wonderful. Sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If you don't hear from Keith about it this week let me know Chuck, as he is very busy at the moment.
    Rob.

If you leave your original $5 as a donation, I can credit you with a Medal for that.Just let me know.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you Rob, it’s no rush. This weekend I’m actually working on customizing my 1/144 planes. Trying to get them ready to place on Gimbal mounts and custom bases. All of which I’m ordering from the Aerodrome Store! So no hurry at all. I’m enyoying myself so much here.

The level of kindness and advice is wonderful. Sincerely.
    Thanks for supporting the site Chuck! You are all set to have a sig banner made for you. I believe there are instructions on how to add it in this every thread.

I’m wondering how to stop a monthly subscription? I’d like to do the yearly silver but I am currently set as monthly and I am due to renew soon. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    I’m wondering how to stop a monthly subscription? I’d like to do the yearly silver but I am currently set as monthly and I am due to renew soon. Thanks.
    You will have to stop the reoccurring payment on the Paypal website. Once you do that, you can then setup the Gold membership here on this site. Thanks for the support Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    If you are a Gold member, the site will resize your image to 1000px (800px for Silver)on the longest side for viewing in a thread or album. What it does not do is resize the actual file that you upload. So if you upload an image file that is say, 3472px on it's longest side, it will take up a lot more disk space, but users will still only see it at 1000px.
    So, 5 years on, are the site limitations listed in this thread even still accurate? I could be wrong here, but I'm assuming this is still the "best" place to find this info. I'd be curious what percentage of your user base is wasting 50% or more of their allocated memory on oversized pictures, given the average picture size of cell phone cameras these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    So, 5 years on, are the site limitations listed in this thread even still accurate? I could be wrong here, but I'm assuming this is still the "best" place to find this info. I'd be curious what percentage of your user base is wasting 50% or more of their allocated memory on oversized pictures, given the average picture size of cell phone cameras these days.
    Those limits are still in place. I can't tell you how many people are using X% of their allocated memory without digging deep in the file system.

Keith I attempted the Gold Membership by month, but I don’t know if it worked. Please let me know if I did anything wrong sir!

Keith I attempted the Gold Membership by month, but I don’t know if it worked. Please let me know if I did anything wrong sir!
    It looks like you started it on July 10th and everything should be good.

Thanks for supporting the site!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Keith,

I have 2 questions about the membership perks. Do you still issue the gold coin for a yearly gold membership? Is a McCudden SE.5A avatar available; and, if so, which membership level is it available through?

Thank you,

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyman View Post
    Keith,

I have 2 questions about the membership perks. Do you still issue the gold coin for a yearly gold membership? Is a McCudden SE.5A avatar available; and, if so, which membership level is it available through?

Thank you,

Mike.
    Mike,

The site does not have a McCudden SE.5A avatar. To rock that one you would need a Gold membership and have someone on the site create the image for you. I do still have some of the Gold coins that I can mail out to you if/when you first join at that level.

Oh Gold coins eh , missed out on that one

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Oh Gold coins eh , missed out on that one
    Paul, send me a PM with your address details and I'll send one to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyman View Post
    Keith,

Thank you,

Mike.
    Mike,

The site does not have a McCudden SE.5A avatar. To rock that one you would need a Gold membership and have someone on the site create the image for you. I do still have some of the Gold coins that I can mail out to you if/when you first join at that level.
    In anticipation of a request, I've looked up McCudden, and there are a few S.E.5a that McCudden flew. So, it would be helpful to know which markings in particular you wanted, Mike. With a "G", with a "6", with or without the LVG spinner, etc...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avatar_SE5a_McCuddenG.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	334605
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 01-02-2024 at 11:37.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Paul, send me a PM with your address details and I'll send one to you.
    Fearless Leader, I don't think I ever received one either. When the brushfires settle down a bit would you mind checking your records?

Also, it looks like the last crash ate my signature with the credentials/disclaimer and links to the checklists I built. Should probably set those up on my Dropbox with Bitly links so when I update them the updates become avaialble in realtime...

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    In anticipation of a request, I've looked up McCudden, and there are a few S.E.5a that McCudden flew. So, it would be helpful to know which markings in particular you wanted, Mike. With a "G", with a "6", with or without the LVG spinner, etc...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avatar_SE5a_McCuddenG.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	334605
    Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Fearless Leader, I don't think I ever received one either. When the brushfires settle down a bit would you mind checking your records?

Also, it looks like the last crash ate my signature with the credentials/disclaimer and links to the checklists I built. Should probably set those up on my Dropbox with Bitly links so when I update them the updates become avaialble in realtime...
    Let me know via PM when you are ready DB.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Mike,

The SE.5A with a "G" and the 4 blade LVG spinner is my absolute favorite. Please keep the artwork warm for me. I hope to apply for my gold membership as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

Mike.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory Aerodrome turns 3!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:30
  2. WGF Wings of Glory Aerodrome Tuck Boxes
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 08:36