Ares Games

Thread: Stow Maries World War 1 Aerodrome

Default Stow Maries World War 1 Aerodrome

Hey chaps for those of you who haven't seen this http://www.stowmaries.com/

A group of chaps are re-building / renovating a World War 1 Aerodrome in Essex - hoping to have a lot of the work ready for the Centenary next year.
    Saw an article on BBC news about it yesterday (check out website) - they are hoping to have planes there before too long - which would be pretty amazing..

Maybe the place deserves an 'Official Visit' what do you think?

Any chaps local to this have any more insight etc?

I started a thread yesterday in the Officers Mess about Stowes Marie Aerodrome but even then I was told that there had been previous threads about it.

No matter Don. It never does any harm to reiterate a post for new members to look at, just so long as there are no repeated photographs in it.
    Rob.

Aah apologies I must make a point of looking in there - I never usually get further than the forum threads

Chris, as I said to Don, it really does not matter. There are just too many threads on the site now for even us old hands, who have been reading them from day one, even to remember all of them. The new chaps may well have missed earlier posts which they will never see unless someone resurrects them from time to time.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Chris, as I said to Don, it really does not matter. There are just too many threads on the site now for even us old hands, who have been reading them from day one, even to remember all of them. The new chaps may well have missed earlier posts which they will never see unless someone resurrects them from time to time.
    Rob.
    ... which is why there is a search facility.

Agreed Balders, but often the required input is obscure to get an exact hit, and trawling through 50 threads with over a hundred posts even if you know that the thing you are looking for is there somewhere is not fun for anyone except maybe a Librarian. I do the best I can to find stuff for new members, but even I have to give up the search because of time constraints sometimes, so don't be too hard on we lesser mortals please.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Stow Maries Aerodrome
    By Burt in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 16:05
  2. Stow Maries May 2012 Display Day.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 00:05
  3. Stow Maries Historic WW1 Airfield Rememberence Day event.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 20:00
  4. stowe maries
    By itchy in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 14:17