Ares Games
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW THREAD for National Aerodrome get together

I prefer the Wings over Britain. The reason may sound stupid but here it comes: If you use Wings of Britain it sounds like a british event only, the wings are coming from Britain. Wings over Britain sounds more international as the wings can come from anywhere but have touched down in Britain.

I can bring WWII repaints and other mini's for Eastern front and Desert. But as already said I'd to like to join WWI games as well.

Ring dat bell and get a round in Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    I prefer the Wings over Britain. The reason may sound stupid but here it comes: If you use Wings of Britain it sounds like a british event only, the wings are coming from Britain. Wings over Britain sounds more international as the wings can come from anywhere but have touched down in Britain.

I can bring WWII repaints and other mini's for Eastern front and Desert. But as already said I'd to like to join WWI games as well.
    We will just play as Aces in Exile, dear Thomas

Your wish is my command: A bit rough and ready as I tried to tidy up the edges but as its only a draft...

Attachment 112479

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I am starting to get the idea of what I want from this Neil.Will you add me one with the Wings over Britain and Doncaster over the top please so that I can have a look at that.
    Rob.

Nice project, Neil.
    One remark: according to the old rule - Less is More, I suggest font unification in the logo. Now we have 3 kinds, but it should be 1 IMHO.

Yep I'll try and do better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Nice project, Neil.
    One remark: according to the old rule - Less is More, I suggest font unification in the logo. Now we have 3 kinds, but it should be 1 IMHO.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Given that next year is the centenery of the start of WWI perhaps that could be worked into the event somewhere.
    Perhaps a "one hundred years ago today" scenario?

I have one baloon set, the white shading to orange one

Sorry chaps, not balloons but actual airship blimp types, didn't make myself clear

I have one SSZ and a number of seaplanes, a German Hansa Brandenburg, Albatros and a Friedrichshafen, a British Short and an Austo-Hungarian Lohner (I think).
    Dave Manley has a good collection of seaplanes and a couple of Blimps.

I will have a Lohner, Hansa and single Maachi for the get together

Just getting for a feel of what we could throw up for a Zeppelin v Blimp game.

Really good Neil. I would like to see the Wings over Britain above and Doncaster below. That way the Wings over Britain would be over the Union Flag. Just a thought.

Back to the drawing board, where are Clipper's design Elves when you need them?

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Really good Neil. I would like to see the Wings over Britain above and Doncaster below. That way the Wings over Britain would be over the Union Flag. Just a thought.

That one looks even better

But what about Gothic style?

I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with this Coral Draw. I want to bend the text to follow the wings but I'm damned if I can find how to do it. But I'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Yep I'll try and do better next time.
    Have you downloaded the "official" Duality font from the files section?

On now having seen my wishes carried out, I agree with Trev about the positioning of the Title with Doncaster below.
    Thanks for all your effort on this Squadron Leader.
    Rob.

Can I have a show of hands as to who has any of the following for Doncaster:

Zeppelins.
    Blimps.
    Sea Planes.

(Please indicate quantity and types)
    One British SS airship
    One British Coastal Class airship

Two Macchi M5
    Two Sopwith baby
    Two Hansa Brandenberg W12
    Two Hansa Brandenberg W29
    Two Albatros W4
    Two Felixstowe
    One short 184
    Two Lohner L
    Two Hansa Brandenberg CC
    One Hansa Brandenberg W18

Two 55' Coastal Motor Boats
    One RN Motor Launch
    One U Boat

Oh, and a Blackburn Kangaroo

Quick thought - should we have a Facebook page for this event?

Letter colour should be bright red, apologies for poor effect but I'm also nearly out of printer ink.

Attachment 112585

Brilliant Neil, you've done an excellent job, it looks really good.

That looks great, and will be perfectly portable for other venues and dates should any come to pass (reminds me, I need to pull my finger out about the possible local venue, although I may well hold off until 2015 for various reasons)

I've removed the circular Union Flag as it will probably be too small for all the colours. Another option might be to have the Union Flag as the background colour instead of blue.

I've got one of these, and can do some seaplanes if we are short

Sorry this is so small, did it at work with just Powerpoint.

That would be my suggestion for the logo. The overall design ties the event back to this site and is simple and effective. If you guys want a flag on it some place, I'd suggest an actual flag and maybe even user name on the other side of the chest. That way players from other countries could sport their own country flag showing where they are from. Doing this also allows the cost to stay low, with options to increase price if member wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Sorry this is so small, did it at work with just Powerpoint.

That would be my suggestion for the logo. The overall design ties the event back to this site and is simple and effective. If you guys want a flag on it some place, I'd suggest an actual flag and maybe even user name on the other side of the chest. That way players from other countries could sport their own country flag showing where they are from. Doing this also allows the cost to stay low, with options to increase price if member wants to.
    Could we not have the whole background as a Union Jack with the rest on top ?

You could, but I think you are going to lose the feel of a logo. I'll see if I can work one up.

I prefer Wings Over Britain as it gives the impression of flying, other than that it looks great Keith.

Two other issues with putting this over the flag.

1. It is going to get pretty busy looking.
    2. Black text is not going to show very well on top of the Union Jack and if you use white text instead, it blends in with the white of the flag.

I'm with you on this Trev, Wings over is the way to go but the Oberst is right about the Union at the back. It will detract from the impact of the message we are trying to impart.
    Rob.

Yes I agree, if you put the Union Jack at the back I think everything will be lost. Maybe a small Union flag either side of Doncaster.

In reply to Neil's question about Naval aircraft.
    I have one SSZ Airship,
    one Lohner L
    one Hansa Brandenburg W 12
    one Hansa Brandenburg W 29
    one Rumpler 6B2
    one Sopwith Baby
    one Short 184 seaplane
    and one Felixstowe F2A

Rob.

I prefer Wings Over Britain as it gives the impression of flying, other than that it looks great Keith.

I meant to put Over!

Fixed and added one alternative for you chaps.

Looks good Keith, as you said, other people could have their national flag incorporated.

Well done Neil for putting the first pics together of how this might look, and well done too to Keith for his rendition.

hats off to both of you

Cheers for that Keith. Never thought of Powerpoint. Doh to myself. I'm a klutz when it comes to CoralDraw and it got too complicated. But an idea put forward and it has developed to your great rendition of the design.

I know its a long way off but put me down for a place. Love to meet you guys in the flesh so to speak

Just as long as you don't wear a Sunderland top or Scarf....

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    I know its a long way off but put me down for a place. Love to meet you guys in the flesh so to speak

blimey - can't believe just how much this idea that came out of WMMS last year has taken shape - so exciting to see the ideas and thought everyone is putting in to this. For my part am afraid I am not half as creative as many of you chaps, but I have checked that there is an icebox in the little kitchen so can get a large bag of ice cubes from the next door ASDA to put into the G&T's and I will ensure that there is G and T to go round.

Will also ensure plenty supply of tea, coffee milk sugar, cups and biscuits etc to sustain us through the day (am sure I can find room in boot for a couple of cases of beer as well - I will take drinks orders nearer the time and make sure that there is something for everyone. Will see if I can scrounge up a couple of bottles of bubbles - would be a great way to start the day, toasting the arrival of our friend and colleagues - especially those from foreign shores..

cheers !!

love these - really do

Way to go Chris. Never had a G&T in my life, always ready for a new experience though.

Nice one Chris, I know what you mean, its going to be great fun.......its just a loooong way off. At this rate we're are going to have build an extension to the museum I wonder what a DR.I would look like in Sunderland colours, just a thought.

Way to go Chris. Never had a G&T in my life, always ready for a new experience though.
    Quite right too Thats for them Southerners from Middlesborough

Just as long as you don't wear a Sunderland top or Scarf....

Neil
    Duly noted

Note. You can book a hotel for 2014 but Ryan air only go 3 month ahead at a time .

Don't even think about it. There's already one in Liverpool colours, one in Newcastle colours and that's enough!

Nice one Chris, I know what you mean, its going to be great fun.......its just a loooong way off. At this rate we're are going to have build an extension to the museum I wonder what a DR.I would look like in Sunderland colours, just a thought.

Don't even think about it. There's already one in Liverpool colours, one in Newcastle colours and that's enough!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. NATIONAL AERODROME DAY ??
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:17
  2. Official Aerodrome Accessories Mug Shot thread
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 00:20
  3. National records?
    By kombofink in forum Officer's Club