Ares Games

Thread: New SND season! Week.1

Default New SND season! Week.1

Yes, you guessed it! It's 'Open Season' every Saturday night for the next month!

WW1 only, and only results from WW1 games will be considered (it's less paperwork)
    Special thanks to Omegalazarus for holding the fort last time for me!

Week.1 will commence Saturday 05/10/2013...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNDbanner.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	111278

For people wishing to participate, the guidelines are;

Step 1: Play your game/s on a Saturday and decide the overall winner (CP or Entente or other?)

Step 2: Go to the 'Quick Report' thread and post about your match, and end the post with either CP Victory or Entente Victory for example.

Step 3: Post up your AAR titled... AAR (SND) *then your mission name here* in Mission Discussions>Saturday Night Dogfight.
    AAR not necessary if you don't want to. It would be good to post a summary picture, of planes and the damage cards they sustained... just to verify your win/defeat etc.
    You will have until each following Wednesday to post results into that weeks entry.

THE RESULTS

*This will be updated until midnight GMT on Wednesdays*

After you fought relentlessly to secure victory, the scores so far are;

WWI (1914-1918)
    Entente = 1
    Central Powers = 1

Victory awarded = Draw
    ----------------------------------------------

Accumulative totals;

WWI (1914-1918)
    Entente = 1
    Central Powers = 1
    -----------------------------------

AAR Summary;
    People who posted AAR's this week are as follows... (will be updated as you post them up)

# Skafloc - CP win
    # Csadn - Entente win

There are 'old' pilots, and there are 'bold' pilots.
    There aren't many 'old-bold' pilots
    Last edited by HTRAINo; 10-09-2013 at 16:31.

Right I'd better prepare the war room then ( the conservatory ) for more mayhem, a chance to try out my new Jasta against my French planes.

An excuse to try out all my new early war planes bought at Derby.

Any AAR's from Saturday?

Yep, sorry too wrapped up with 266 at the present.

1 Gotha and 2 AEG GIV's raided the southern town of Trowbridge. 3 Snipes intercepted.
    Attachment 112146
    Attachment 112147

Result:
    Attachment 112148
    Attachment 112149
    Attachment 112150
    Attachment 112151
    Attachment 112152

Rail head destroyed. 1 snipe down, 2 pilots wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    An excuse to try out all my new early war planes bought at Derby.
    What did you get Neil ?

2 moraines, 2 fokker, 2 halberstadt and 2 DH2 (and a lovely Beaufighter too)

Should be able to shoot them all down with that then

Niel, that's a definite CP win methinks

Got until tomorrow to gain an Entente win folks lol

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    Got until tomorrow to gain an Entente win folks lol :eek:
    I can oblige, then -- no pics, tho'. (Still trying to figure out that dratted camera.)

First time with the minis -- three-pack of Hanriots (two A, one B packing incendiary), against a _RW_-style observation-balloon defense (4 each cannon and MG arrayed around the balloon) and a pair of Albatros D.Vs.

Short version: It was an exercise in "why you stay with your wingman"; the Hanriot As stayed together, and were able to cut the ground guns to pieces with massed fire, so the Hanriot B could slip in and trash the balloon (and anything else in the area); the As then repeated the performance on the Albatroses, who stayed together as well, but weren't quite able to match the gunnery of the Entente.

End result: The Germans lost the balloon; the balloon ground crew; one AA cannon; two AA MGs; and one Albatros (two engine hits); the other Albatros was crippled (over 1/2 damage; plus one critical each to pilot and engine). The Americans (in Belgian and Italian colors -- however did three entire acft. fall off a truck? ;) ) did not lose any acft.; however, all three suffered more than 1/2 damage, and the B also took an engine and a pilot critical, while one of the As took a pilot critical. (Ground-attack in WW1 is a real b****.)

I think I pretty-well have these missions down to a science; next time, I'll try the Germans attacking an Entente balloon, and see how it works. Attack protocol is fairly simple: Punch out one of the AA cannon first, then knock out the MGs to either side; that way the anti-balloon bird has a clear shot. And for the love of all that is decent and military, do *NOT* go haring off alone....

Ok, that sounded like a pretty tense battle you had there!

I will award the Entente with the victory, as they were still airborne and the Balloon, associated AA's and an Albatros were not
    So this week, the winner is?

Nobody lol, it's a draw... but these scores all add up to the accumulative total (seen in post no.1 and in next weeks SND).
    If you missed this one, play on Saturday and post up your AAR's by next Wednesday to help secure the win for your chosen faction

Definitely an early wars got to try out my new birds.

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    Ok, that sounded like a pretty tense battle you had there!
    Well, like I said: I think I have the attack pattern down; dodging AA is easier when they can't bring a gun to bear without shooting down their own balloon (yes, that's happened :) ). If one wants a *really* intense experience: Try it with those *&^%$#!ing Nieuports.

Similar Missions

1. *SND - Results; Week 2!*
    By HTRAINo in forum Saturday Night Dogfight
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 06:56
  2. Tis the Season!
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 14:04
  3. WGF This week I have mostly been doing...
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 04:07
  4. Festive Season Drinks on me!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 18:08
  5. Bad Ass of the Week
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 15:46