Ares Games

Thread: More photos from the Air Force museum?

Default More photos from the Air Force museum?

Spent part of the day with Smitch and predhead at the Air Force museum today. Check out my pictures here. I used a mix of an older Fuji FinePix F200EXR digital camera and the integral camera in my Chinese Hauwei 'smartphone' (which is a 3-4 year old phone design).

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=2511

I'm sure predhead will be along with his pictures soon!

best regards,

Ray

Nice photos, Ray, thanks! I especially like picture 21 in your album! I had a great time admiring the all excellent aircraft and exhibits at the museum.

Lovely pictures Ray. Thanks for posting

Great pictures Ray. Much better that the ones I took back in June. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Bob,

I firmly believe the key to photographic success at the museum is not using the flash and being patient. There is a whole bunch of stuff which didn't turn out well - either too dark, or blurry from camera shake - that didn't get posted. The Fuji FinePix has stabilization built in so that helps.

Failing that a monopod or a tripod goes a long way to stabilizing the camera and allowing you to open up the aperture and capture more of the light.
    Last edited by The G Dog; 08-31-2013 at 06:13.

Great to see some of my old friends again. Thanks for the pcs! We lived in Dayton in 1969 - 1970 and went there a few times. I haven't been there since though. It looks like they have a new venue. My sister was about 9 yrs old at the time and the P-40 with the shark teeth terrified her. I also remember see the the 'Strawberry Bitch B-24. They kept is outside when we were there. I look back and think I embarrased my parents when I yelled out "Look mom! There is the Strawberry Bitch!" They also had an XB-70 on display outside which was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yount View Post
    Great to see some of my old friends again. Thanks for the pcs! We lived in Dayton in 1969 - 1970 and went there a few times. I haven't been there since though. It looks like they have a new venue. My sister was about 9 yrs old at the time and the P-40 with the shark teeth terrified her. I also remember see the the 'Strawberry Bitch B-24. They kept is outside when we were there. I look back and think I embarrased my parents when I yelled out "Look mom! There is the Strawberry Bitch!" They also had an XB-70 on display outside which was very impressive.
    During my many frequent trips to the museum, I can't tell you how many times I've heard children giggle about the name "Strawberry Bitch." It's still entertaining after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yount View Post
    Richard,

They moved to new digs in the 1970's and have steadily expanded the facility ever since. What started as a single building with two wings has grown to three major buildings, a dedicated building for rockets/missiles plus the "Annex" for presidential/experimental aircraft (including the XB-70) with a forth wing in the planning stages. Very few planes are displayed outside these days (the collection is curated at a very professional standard these days).

I just use an old Kodak digital camera. Nothing fancy but for me takes good pictures. You must have a good camera for such good pictures so glad you took them and shared. Thanks again

Thank you for supplying us with a comprehensive set of photographs Ray.
    Rob.

Another nice set of pic's. Glad someone found something to photograph other than WWI...

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: Trip to National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
    By predhead in forum US Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:52
  2. My first trip to the National Museum of the US Air Force
    By MoonSylver in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 15:16
  3. National Museum of the United States Air Force Virtual Tour
    By kaufschtick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7