Ares Games

Thread: Dogfight

Default Dogfight

For your viewing pleasure. I don't think this one has been posted.

Amazing! Thx Chris for sharing

Attilio

Looks like the AARs posted here -- except, in this case, the British end up winning. :)

Have not seen any of these before....very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Looks like the AARs posted here -- except, in this case, the British end up winning.
    Against my usual preference I played Entente at a recent comp and won three out of three engagements, so it can't be argued we're not doing all we can to level the score

Great footage there Chris, the guys over in NZ at HAFU and The Vintage Aviator sure know their stuff. Let's hope we get a feature film at some point (like 2017-18).

Great video - thanks for sharing Chris

I assume that these planes are powered by modern engines and so there is not the performance difference there was between the real planes. Also they will not be rotary engines so there is no 'torque effect' to aid turning.

Very nice! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I assume that these planes are powered by modern engines and so there is not the performance difference there was between the real planes. Also they will not be rotary engines so there is no 'torque effect' to aid turning.
    The Dr1s certainly didn't sound like giant weed whackers. In a real engagement, I would think the Se5's would boom and zoom the Dr1s, using their speed advantage. And those Dr1s should have been able to seriously out turn the Se5s, but not keep up with them.

That really fuels the imagination - thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PFactorDave View Post
    The Dr1s certainly didn't sound like giant weed whackers. In a real engagement, I would think the Se5's would boom and zoom the Dr1s, using their speed advantage. And those Dr1s should have been able to seriously out turn the Se5s, but not keep up with them.
    All probably true. Also, the pilots are putting on a show, not fighting for their lives. The planes aren't being pushed to their limits to escape or get the kill.
    In all likelihood, the match is at least partially choreographed.
    very nice to see them tangling though. Thanks for sharing.
    Karl

Great link, loved the links to other flying displays. Some awesome flying. Thanks for posting the link.

Great show. SE5 could out dive and out run the Fokker Dr-I but the Fokker could outturn and outclimb SE5. But this is a show most the crowd doesn't know this. Great show anyway.

Very interesting!

Smile

Great clip Chris! I had not seen that one before.
    I think the pilot of the SE marked "K" was Gene de Marco ex Rhinebeck who now lives in NZ & is Peter Jacksons chief pilot. He always has a long streamer off his flying helmet.
    Incidently most of the SE's over there have rebuilt original engines or modern replicas.
    I know some of the 6 Dr.I's have original rotaries but perhaps not the ones featured in the clip.

Similar Missions

1. An Invitation to a Dogfight!
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 11:40
  2. Dogfight vs Son#2
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 18:33
  3. Dogfight vs Son#1
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 16