Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alb-13.screensize.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	106739

Is for sale here:
    http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/Curr...TROS%20DVA.htm

Thanks to Kampfflieger for the link..

I think the Drome could start a subscription to buy that if it is a genuine advert.
    Anyone got a really big shed?
    Rob.

Just been out to measure the garage. Sorry Rob, not enough room.

Definitely a case of: "Albatros! Get your Albatros here!"

They also have a Corsair of one should have a knack for WW II birds.. http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/Curr...-7_Corsair.htm

$695K Is *NOT* "cheap".

Esp. with this lot available: http://www.airdromeaeroplanes.com/ -- he just needs to add an Albatros to the mix.

I have a small garage if they come in small/medium/large.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    $695K Is *NOT* "cheap".

Esp. with this lot available: http://www.airdromeaeroplanes.com/ -- he just needs to add an Albatros to the mix.
    Those kitplanes are definitely MUCH cheaper.. but the Albatros is "No assembly needed" and with a (replica) Mercedes engine and precise down to the detail .. + Including some original instruments.. Wonder if they have re-inforced the lower wing though ...

I'd be happy to store this little gem... I can start a raffle to raise the funds for the Drome to pick it up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I'd be happy to store this little gem... I can start a raffle to raise the funds for the Drome to pick it up lol
    $700000 divided by 4343 registered pilots = $161.18 each.

But then we have to work out who gets to keep the Albatros at their place each weekend for the next ..... 83 and a half years.

Quote Originally Posted by GilmoreDK View Post
    Those kitplanes are definitely MUCH cheaper.. but the Albatros is "No assembly needed" and with a (replica) Mercedes engine and precise down to the detail .. + Including some original instruments.. Wonder if they have re-inforced the lower wing though ...
    Then you may have to make modifications depending where you intend to fly the aircraft. For example the Australian civil aviation authority insists modern instruments be fitted to all vintage aircraft.

No fun nellies.

Hey, this sales group is right here in Rockford, not more than 10 miles from me!!! And I know right where to store the Albatross too!!! Only two problems to solve, how to get the money, and how to fit it on the game mat with the other planes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Then you may have to make modifications depending where you intend to fly the aircraft. For example the Australian civil aviation authority insists modern instruments be fitted to all vintage aircraft.
    Easy -- most instrument panels these days are computerized, not "steam"; design a panel which can be attached for flight, and removed when on ground display.

Similar Missions

1. Cheap miniatures on eBay.
    By Naharaht in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 07:53
  2. Cheap books in 'The Works'
    By Burt in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 00:45
  3. Cheap DR1s
    By tharnmaga in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13