Ares Games

Thread: COLLECTING PLANES?

Default COLLECTING PLANES?

I started in this with WOW game sets, and thought planes were going to be a NOW & THEN thing to get!
    with the demise of the original games and the release of WOG i have bought a few planes. the real problem has come from the Sky-Rocketing Prices that " USED " planes go for. when i started there was hope that they would stay at a price for us GAMERS, but like so many other things i am into the COLLECTORS have pushed the way beyond the level of purchase that we can afford. i am not saying that the planes aren't being made to just "PLAY" with but i for one can never afford the prices ask for by some people. at the most i can only hope to now and then find someone willing to let go of their USED PLANES within my BUDGET! that said! i will let the rain of fear begin, HUG THE TRENCH'S LADS!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=wow coin1.jpg  Views: 45  Size: 22.6 KB  ID: 106701" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Or wait for the re-prints.

Pete,

Never forget the indirect trade route. Offer up something NOT related to WOW, like painted Napoleonics, Lord of the rings mini's .....etc., and ask for wings of war mini's. You'll be surprised what may turn up as trade offers. And, your more likely to get a fair value in a trade. There are several sites on the internet for wargaming trading. I started collecting during the great WOW recession and scored a complete series one and a couple of the box sets in one trade. and a couple of D-VII's plus others, in another trade using this method.

James

There are some CRAZY price out there for the Nexus planes. However, if you search numerous online sites, at times you are able to find some for a decent price (or someone on the forum makes you a good deal). As Neil mentioned, there are the reprints in the future which I would imagine will cover all the Nexus planes eventually.

There is also a supply of minis showing up from time to time on the trade sites, my son keeps tabs on them and finds some good deals. Our LGS owner keeps an eye out for me for people getting out of the game (shame on them) and now and then I get a call. Some of us older guys have a supply of used minis stockpiled for repaints, so it doesn't hurt to ask, now and then we are interested in trading the old for some of the new. Keep an eye on the For Sale/Trade thread and make some inquiries . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Or wait for the re-prints.
    +1 to this!

Building your own is always an option too, if you have the time, don't mind expending the effort, & can be satisfied with the result.

Similar Missions

1. WGF [Sale] WOW WWI and WWII planes, old gaming mat
    By hawk02 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 03:37
  2. German planes vs Americans planes, played by Americans living in Germany
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 14:56
  3. New planes have landed! And new land for planes to land ON...
    By MoonSylver in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 19:06
  4. Da Planes!!!!!! Boss!!!! Da Planes!!!!!
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 18:59
  5. WW1 Bi-Planes & Tri-Planes Airshow
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:18