Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Mclags View Post
    Thanks, I managed to get that one right! Got 1 of each plane you mentioned... so far. Rickenbacker, MvR, Udet and Barker.
    The addiction is taking hold!! Was looking into a few of the scenarios and often seemed to need multiple planes of one make.
    Iyo what would be the most popular planes to get multiples of?
    Any idea why so few Camels?
    As for multiples, the Allies tended to all fly the same planes together in a flight, so a couple of Camels or a couple of Spads would be good depending on which nationality you want to concentrate on, though this is not a hard & fast rule, as you could see Camels & Se5's or Spads & Nieuports at the same time.

For the Central, Germany flew more varied types at the same time, as they had to make do with whatever they had as the war ground on, so don't feel constrained to all Dr.1's or D.V's. Mix them as you like.

Lightbulb

G'day Hamish & welcome to the 'drome!
    I think I did welcome you down in another section but better twice than not at all!

I can really reccomend buying the minis from Keith here via Aerodrome Accessories however Freight is a real killer with the games mats.
    Might I suggest you check out Milsims Games here in Melbourne, Victoria. The Freight from Oz to NZ should be pretty reasonable.

Good Luck & keep us all posted about your progress.
    If all else fails on the Mat front you can always just buy a single bed sheet in green or brown & draw some trenches, roads & craters on it.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Hamish
    Sorties Flown

Cheers Barry, my Rules & Accessory Pack arrived today. Stoked, much better rule book than the on with Famous Aces. Mat, cockpit and a whole bunch of mini's to go!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. General Dumb question from a Shapeways noob - kits or assembled planes?
    By The G Dog in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 06:13