Ares Games

Thread: Fun at Guns

Smile Fun at Guns

We had a great day here in Williamsburg yesterday! There was a open WW1 run by an old friend. My WW2 pacific game had members BobP, Steel Legion,ptownhiker and myself. BloodyDavyCash watched for a while, a full AAR will be posted later

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8230001.jpg  

Wow, Rich.

I like your huge WW II sceanrios in 1/144.

So is this the Battle of the Bismarck Sea?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Wow, Rich.

I like your huge WW II sceanrios in 1/144.

So is this the Battle of the Bismarck Sea?
    So where are the Mitchells, Bostons & Beaus, Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    You could link Rich's scenario as Day One of the battle and your scenario Barry as Day Two.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    You could link Rich's scenario as Day One of the battle and your scenario Barry as Day Two.
    Yeah Carl, when I saw the B-17's I immediately thought here goes Day One.

Great looking event- the big planes are quite cool!

Another fantastic job guys! Wish I was there. Always something happening in my life. Hoping for next year being there.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Rich's photograph is from the first wave of attackers. The Beaufighters and Mitchells got in their licks, with the Bostons on their way. The Beaufighters did, unfortunately, present a fireworks display in a midair collision of friendly aircraft. More details and color commentary. to come.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Another fantastic job guys! Wish I was there. Always something happening in my life. Hoping for next year being there.

Thomas
    Maybe a carpool?
    Karl

Thank you for the comments. Just back home. The hotels internet was sporadic and my email was not working there. This is my first chance to respond! My albums have more shots of the first two games. I need to download the third game.

It was good to see BOB aka BOBP and his wife again. Meeting and playing with Lou AKA Steel Legion was great and David aka ptownhiker is a great sport in all adversity. There were other Aerodrome members in attendance DJ aka BloodyDavyCash played with us. John Snelling ran his Bag the Baron game. Four or five other local members were also there. All in all a great time!

Rich

Bag the Baron was marginally successful. 5 opponents showed up they rolled for planes (1 Spad 7, 2 N17s, 1 DH2, and a Camel). Jasta 11 fielded 3 Albatros D.III's. The most aggressive was a 8 year old with the Camel. The Spad VII's first shot destroyed an Albatros, So that left it 5 aircraft to 2. The Red Baron got some revenge buy setting a N17 on fire which eventually downed it 2 turns later and shooting down the DH.2. That pesty Camel always lining up shots weakened the Baron plane and even wounding him. But it was the teenager in a N17 that manged to bag him. Total time was 42 minutes. I wished it was the 8 year older that got the victory and the F-toys Red Baron but, the teen was very happy to recieve it.

Well got home 2 hours ago and just finished down loading all the photos I took of the whole weekend (Va Aviation Museum/Jamestown, Alewerks Brewery and of course the games.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_6317.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	105744
    My view of the first wave.

John Thank you for setting up the Bag the Baron. I did not last long. LOL Three moves and I was shot down by the Baron's first shot (Explosion). LOL Thank you the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Legion View Post
    John Thank you for setting up the Bag the Baron. I did not last long. LOL Three moves and I was shot down by the Baron's first shot (Explosion). LOL Thank you the opportunity.
    Sorry about that. I wish you were around more. Usually I would let you bring on another plane but, I had to be fair with all the players since there was a prize involved. I was nice meeting you.

Bob

All and all a pretty good weekend. That must have been before you came on the board! I still have planes in the air!!!

Rich

Grant

The big bombers are fun. They lumber along drawing fire, patiently waiting to fly over a target.

Rich

Lightbulb

David

Is referring to this unfortunate incident! We will put it down to target fixation!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8230009.jpg   P8230011.jpg   P8230012.jpg  

Just posted a AAR for the convoy game and the BoB game. Richard the weekend was great as I met some people from before, met some new people and got to make good friendships so I have to thank you for getting me to come down there.

Bob

I am glad you had a good time. It is my idea of a gaming convention. Every type of game to get into. I sat down and tried to remember how many people played in my three games. I am counting the late arrivals and the i have another game to play group. It is always fun.
    You should try to come back in February for the Muster. This year it will not be on Super Bowl weekend.

Rich

Similar Missions

1. The Guns, the guns!
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 23:23
  2. AA Guns
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 15:14
  3. AA guns
    By Jimmy Doolittle in forum WGF: General Discussions