Ares Games

Thread: What goes on in the mess, stays in the mess.......

Default What goes on in the mess, stays in the mess.......

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    That must have been the night they realised I had escaped from their Mess without drinking all the wine in the cellar.
    Kyte.

Perhaps they decided to drink it, blame it on you and claim the insurance........

I,am with SNOPPY! make mine ROOTBEER! <great photos!>

Fantastic images, showing that all young men at war engage in similar off duty activities, even on the other side of the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Perhaps they decided to drink it, blame it on you and claim the insurance........
    It was my duty as a British Officer to drink as much of their wine as possible in order to prevent it falling into enemy hands, and to sap their morale. Looks as if I only had limited success on both counts.
    Kyte.

I had wondered; you read so much of RFC/RNAS pilots having rousing parties night after night, but little of the same from the Germans.
    No surprise, of course.
    Thanks Steve.
    Karl

SHOCKER! Young German airmen were just like their Allied adversaries! Who could have thought such a thing!

Best to drink today because tomorrow you may be dead

"live for today, tomorrow we die"

Let me to toast the same joie de vivre of those young faces regardless of nationality

:fok:

Attilio

Great to see these pics! I am very interested in what the "day to day" lives of the pilots would have been like when not flying.

Exclamation

Yes common bonds in their attitudes. We must remember many of these pilots were only 18 to 20 years old & youthful exuberance would show itself.
    How many of you have watched the BBC Wings episode where Capt Triggers chaps entertain their 2 German captors & nearly allow them to escape?
    Great idea of what games the British lads got up to when partying!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Yes common bonds in their attitudes. We must remember many of these pilots were only 18 to 20 years old & youthful exuberance would show itself.
    How many of you have watched the BBC Wings episode where Capt Triggers chaps entertain their 2 German captors & nearly allow them to escape?
    Great idea of what games the British lads got up to when partying!
    That episode was based on Kyte's escapades. Only Kytey had a better outcome and got away.

Similar Missions

1. OUT OF THE MESS.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 12:26
  2. Drinks in the Mess.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 22:59
  3. Join me in the mess...
    By Jager in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 35