Ares Games

Thread: Trip to National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

Default Trip to National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

Inviting those who may interested to join me for a few hours at the Air Force Museum on Friday, August 30th. I plan on arriving around 11 a.m. or so, spend a couple of hours at the museum (focusing on the Early Years Gallery), hit the gift shop for books, grab a late lunch (close to a game shop), then head to Yellow Springs Brewery for a beer or two. Thought folks might be interested in joining.

Links for more information:

National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
    Greek Isle Deli
    The Game Haven - Carries Wings of War
    Yellow Springs Brewery

Directions from Museum to lunch to brewery HERE

Sounds like a nice plan, Darryl. I might be able to make it.

The Game Haven has tables, if you think you might have time for a quick WGF game. Just a thought...

No time for gaming, IF the better half comes along! Of course, if she doesn't, then perhaps a quick game might be in order. Still want to make the brewery by 3 when they open.

Smitch, do you know anything about the Greek Isle Deli? Website makes the place look promising!

I have the kids that weekend, so I'm definitely out, but sounds like a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    No time for gaming, IF the better half comes along! Of course, if she doesn't, then perhaps a quick game might be in order. Still want to make the brewery by 3 when they open.

Smitch, do you know anything about the Greek Isle Deli? Website makes the place look promising!
    Never been there, I don't eat Greek food often (I like it but it doesn't like me).

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I have the kids that weekend, so I'm definitely out, but sounds like a good time.
    If we can get the folks there to allow some gaming, I could see a weekend in the winter for another get-together. Heck, the tables in the cafe are large enough for WoW...maybe we just start gaming there and see what happens!

Putraack

That would be neat, but the timing on Friday works against me.

I am still on for this...might go up earlier. Need to see what the better half wants to do that day. Will keep folks posted!

I didn't get a chance to check this forum until today. Unfortunately I won't be there considering today is already the 31st. But I will make it down to WPAFB in October. Hopefully uploading pics as well.

Similar Missions

1. My first trip to the National Museum of the US Air Force
    By MoonSylver in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 15:16
  2. National Museum of the USMC, Quantico VA
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 14:10
  3. National Museum of the United States Air Force Virtual Tour
    By kaufschtick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 02:54
  4. National Museum of the U S Airforce Virtual tour
    By rote Flügel in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 16:15
  5. The Cowman's Trip to the National Museum of USAF.
    By The Cowman in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 16:57