Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby World Championships 28 &29 Sept

Default Derby World Championships 28 &29 Sept

This thread is purely for the above show
    We are booked in for both days so assistance would be appreciated for both days.

Format will be

Early dogfight.

Bullets and Eindekkers
    DH2ad Halberstads
    Bombing mission. AeG with camels in pursuit

Dogfight
    Pups and Albatross DIII
    Tripes and Abatross DII

Bombing mission
    Re8 chased by DR1

Balloon busting

SE5 and DVII

Please let me know availability, of course anyone welcome to turn up as a punter

I will definitely be there - can probably only make one day - will most likely be the Saturday (less chance of suppliers running out of new planes lol). Not to far away so will be there as early as necessary

Will make one of the days, can't confirm which as I am reliant on who is driving.

Can't wait for this one Rob. Triples seems so far away.

I'd like to attend this show please Chris as I've not been to another gathering since WWMS, and it'll be nice to meet up with you guys again at a show, I cannot do two days but will be there hopefully on the Saturday, if work gets in the way I'll turn up on the Sunday.

I have made arrangements so that I can attend on the Saturday. Please let me know when to arrive and whether you would like me to bring anything with me. Is it better to buy a ticket in advance or just 'pay on the door', please?

Chris will no doubt fill you in on the details Dave, but depending on the number of tickets he is allocated, he may be able to get you in free. i usually arrive about an hour before kick off with a trolly of stuff for the game and just breeze in as if I own the place. No one has ever asked me for a pass. Not a bad deal on their part for two days of my time I feel.
    Rob.

I am playing in a competition on the Saturday, so Sunday is my shopping day but I'll stop by and say hello.

Paul

Is there any WGS being organised for either day? If there is would you want me to bring the pacific war stuff I have and a few ships for some air to ship action?

I would like to see some WGS Neil, but Chris will no doubt be able to tell you if it fits in with his schedule.
    Rob.

Have had a spot of post holiday brain freeze - what is the venue for this event this year? Is this the one that got moved to the exhibition centre at Donnington racetrack?

Excellent - I won't get lost then, am really looking forward to this one (word to the wise for those who haven't attended before - FOOD = very expensive here, bring sandwiches !!!)

I live almost walking distance from this. I am very new to all this, but I have DH2s, eindecker, Halberstadt, Moraine and a baloon if you need more kit
    Will try and convince wife. what time start?

We usually start setting up from about 8.30 but you can arrive any time before the off at 10 John.
    It will be good to meet you in person "O Wingman."
    Don't forget to say hi on the Report for Duty thread, so that all the other chaps from other countries can see you have arrived.
    Rob.

I will be there both days Rob, I live right next door to it I'm supposed to be working nights Saturday but I'm trying to get that changed. If I can't, I will still be there! So just let me know how I can help.

Any help will be appreciated Trev, but I will leave Chris to give you the details as it is really his show.
    Rob.

On nights again today then Sqn club Wednesday, Ill post some details on Thursday for both shows this month
    Last edited by Boney10; 09-06-2013 at 03:26.

For Derby this year we were asked if we could put on two games if possible, one for rack version.
    I said we most likely could.
    I shall mail the organisers to confirm if this is still the case.

So far we have the following

Sat

Boney10, Hedeby, Scafloc(possibly), FO Kyte, Baron Rolf (possibly), Naharaht, Bramble,
    Johnbiggles

Sun

Boney10, Scafloc(possibly), FO Kyte, Baron Rolf (possibly), Bramble,

I shall post more on timings after Newbury.

But, if we have two tables we will split between the two WW2 & WW1 so will need someone more up on the WW2 version to control.
    If we only get one table what is the consensus? Have a couple of WW2 games during the day, or have one day WW1 & the second WW2. I am open here as I mainly am a WW1 chap.

For timings doors open at 10 for the public so if we can get in between 08:30 and 09:00 gives us chance to set up and have a quick look round before we start.
    I shall put the names listed above in to the organisers so you should not pay. Rob will Christoff be coming also ?

If any of this changes Ill let you know

As far as I know Christophe will also be coming up on both days, although his mother is very ill so this may be a factor.
    Will keep you informed.
    We should aim to get some WWII in if we can. So yes to your suggestion Chris.
    Rob.

I can bring my WGS kit and caboodle for a second table on both days if that helps?

Hi Guys,
    I have yet to confirm which day I can attend, could be Sunday rather than saturday, I will let you know when I can.
    John

"anything you can walk away from counts as landing"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I can bring my WGS kit and caboodle for a second table on both days if that helps?
    Wasn't 100% you were able to make it Simon, yes please to you WW2 kit, we will do a WW2 just not sure how yet until I get an answer about tables

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    So far we have the following

Sat

Boney10, Hedeby, Scafloc(possibly), FO Kyte, Baron Rolf (possibly), Naharaht, Bramble,
    Johnbiggles

Sun

Hi Chris, just checking is Bramble meant to be be Brambo or is it another member?

Whichever day I can make it will probably be myself +2. I can bring pacific war stuff for sink the carriers. And the large zeppelin for WW1 if required.

Sat
    Johnbiggles

Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Hi Chris, just checking is Bramble meant to be be Brambo or is it another member?
    Yes Trev it you, sorry , predictive text on my iPad, apologies

Great news chaps I've checked my work schedule and I'm free that weekend, I've also checked with M'Lady and she says yes I can go, so I think the Saturday would be the best option for me chaps as I will be training my squires up for next years re-enactment season, so what side do you want me to fight for as I can bring my French or CP planes or both ?

Yes Trev it you, sorry , predictive text on my iPad, apologies
    No problem Chris, I can do that without any help from the computer

Just heard back from the organisers for The show.
    We have one table on the Saturday and two tables on the Sunday.
    So can our WW2 gurus make it for the Sunday and you have a table all day.
    Simon can you do the Sunday ?
    Saturday I would prefer the WW1 with a WW2 mission then We have both tables Sunday.
    How's that sound chaps

Just so I know what if anything, other than the NML mats, you would like me to bring. I can bring down the L45 altitude climber zeppelin on either day. Plus if it is the Sunday we come down I can bring sink the carrier pacific war stuff.

We have one table on the Saturday and two tables on the Sunday.
    So can our WW2 gurus make it for the Sunday and you have a table all day.
    Simon can you do the Sunday ?
    Saturday I would prefer the WW1 with a WW2 mission then We have both tables Sunday
    I'll bring my kit for the Sunday then. I'll do BoB as per WMWS and as i have my sea-cloth, Skafloc's more than welcome to hop on with his Pacific fleet...

You seem to have enough on the Saturday, but I could help out if you come up short...

Sounds perfect Chris - who knows someone always fails to show, we might secure a second table on Saturday as well

Count me in for the Saturday! Will bring the whole collection, as not to be short.
    Will bring Baron Rolf along if he's all good to go.

Official mats only on WW1 or is custom allowed?

skipper

It looks like we (my Dad, Paul (driver) and I) will make it for Sunday. Do you still want Dad to bring anything? The NML section should be completed. Pacific Theatre and the Zeppelin we could also bring.

Do bring the Zep if you can Sean. I would love to see one in the skin as it were.
    Rob.

Where in Derby is the comp being held as my nephew is intrested oh and the timings Thanks Doug

It is in the Castle Donington International Exhibition Centre DE74 2RP, Alastair. The official opening times are Saturday 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and Sunday 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m..
    http://worldwargames.co.uk/venue.html

Thanks David my nephew Ruben will be there on either the Saturday or Sunday depending on which day my Sister can take him. He is only 12 yrs old but is keen to have a go. So if you could let him participate in one or two games I would very much appreciate it. Thanks Alastair.

Hi Doug, ask your sister to ask for me or Kytie and we will make sure he gets a game or two

Its a definite yes on the Sunday for we 3 Geordie Boys. I'll bring the Zeppelin and stuff to go with it. Would be nice to give it its first proper outing if there is time and a slot to include it. Should be there for kick off or earlier depending on our driver (Paul).

Great, can't wait to see that Zeppelin in the flesh.

Its big and bad and ready for action.

Now Colours is over I will devote more to this event.
    This coming week Ill sort the official helpers and the scenarios and what needs to be brought.

Now Colours is over I will devote more to this event.
    This coming week Ill sort the official helpers and the scenarios and what needs to be brought.
    Do you think we could find a slot for a Zep action on the Sunday Chris? I'd love to get a crack at one.
    Rob.

Don't see why not, seems a waste not to.
    If that's ok Ill get some details and get something worked out with Neil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Colours Newbury Sept 14 &15 Sept
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 12:59
  2. Derby (UK)
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 15:15
  3. Back from Derby