Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US

I got mine in last Friday. I've got pics and will post a review of it here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorb View Post
    Just got my set today. Will try to post pics.
    The whole sell of this game was. "Its not expensive I wont be buying the miniatures anyway." You had to post pictures didn't you!

Seriously though they are really cool. question is do I buy all the boxed sets first or start on the minis straight away

When you want to play with the mini you do not need the other boxes...

very cool pics Dorb, thanks for the preview!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    When you want to play with the mini you do not need the other boxes...
    I don't want to hi jack the thread but what about additional rules Ack ack etc?

Also do the minis include Stukas and other dive bombers?

Nexus is pretty good about getting the rules out there as PDFs for down loads, so I would not worry about that too much.

As The Blue Baron said, if you are going to be playing with the minis, just get the Deluxe set to start with. It will have every thing you need to play, unless you ned to play larger, 8 persons or more, games. Then you would need to get one of the other box sets for the counters and such. The photos Dorb posted are a little misleading. There are only 4 minis in the Deluxe set. One each of the Bf 109, Zero, Spitfire, and Wildcat.

Stukas and the Val dive bomber minis are coming out in Jan 2010. The rules for dive bombing are in the Deluxe set as well as in Fire From the Sky. The latter comes with aircraft cards for those planes as well.

I have ordered my deluxe set from Miniature Market. I think they still have one more for sale, better hurry you guys

I purchased from Ebay...$45.83 + 7.00 shipping.(ps- I had some ebay bucks to spend, which helped)

Hajj is correct, I already had the WWII set, just wanted to show how the new paint schemes looked with set one. The deluxe set is perfect for anyone wanting to jump into the WWII setting. However I prefer the WWI setting (my name is Mike and I have an addiction) but will support the WWII setting to expand my(and fellow friends) gaming horizon.
    Last edited by Dorb; 11-13-2009 at 16:30.

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

I purchased from online store in Spain (39.99€) and I hope It will be here next monday.

Nice pics Dorb.

Thanks for showing the pictures of the contents.
    Does the deluxe set also include the aircraft cards and manouver decks from "Fire from the Sky" or does it only come with components to play with the four miniatures featured?

It has the dive bombing rules, but only the components to play the 4 planes that come in the box.

I saw these for the first time at my LGS..look great...$70 price tag is a bit steep even with my 10% discount considering I can get single planes for under $10 from my online vendor I order other stuff from.

It is on my X-mas wish list, but may need to do some shopping around if Santa does not bring it.

I'm in the same boat if I buy from a brick n mortar shop its going to be closer to $130NZD or I get it from an online store and its going to be around $94.00NZD.

So I guess it comes down to who gets one first. I missed out on the WWI deluxe box set so I am not going to do it with the DoW one.

Cheers
    GW

A few days ago I have received my deluxe set... One question though: my green Zero is missing its bomb... is that normal? Is this Zero without a bomb under?

The Zero has no bomb, it's the 109 that comes with it and the Wildcat comes with the drop tank.

Recieved this for X-mas. Love the set. I wish you could just buy boxes similar to this. Great carrying case for 4 planes, decks stands and all the tokens you need to play.

afilter, are you just wanting an empty deluxe box? I could help you out there I think

My son gave me the Deluxe set for Xmas along with an additional Spit (Falkowski) and a Bf109 (Galland) which was a nice surprise. The sets very nice and I also like the rules additions like air to ground rockets plus a couple of other minor rule variations or tweaks or ideas. I'm still commited to play WW2 using 1/144 scale but atleast now I can also play against other folk that play using 1/200. These models are my first 1/200 minis and I must agree they are quite good and the size is probably just right, strange though is the absence of a droptank on the Zero, it certainly would have looked better with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    afilter, are you just wanting an empty deluxe box? I could help you out there I think
    Col.,

I appreciate the offer. On closer examination you cannot put random planes in each slot.

If someone was smart they would come up with and sell a tray similar to the deluxe set insert that could fit any of the planes along with decks and stands for transport.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ian
    Sorties Flown

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Having a fourth miniature of each type is a good idea since the tactics were to fly in 'Finger Four' formation.
    Well if you are German t is but the Brits kept the Vic of three Leader and two wing men so you need six a side if you want to do France and Battle of Britain.

Try keeping your Vic's together against German Pairs,

But then against ME110s the lack of Maneuverability played against them but not in Wings of War as the Ace piloted Heavy Fighter has no rules,

Why hasn't the Wings of War WW2 Deluxe set reached the U.K. yet?

It hasn't reached NZ either and most likely it won't.

which sucks.

Cheers
    GW

Damn U-boats!

Default WW2 Deluxe Set in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post

which sucks.

Cheers
    GW
    Alan,

Try MILSIMS, I bought my WW2 Deluxe set from them just after Christmas, cost A$90 + A$11 postage, arrived two working days later.

http://milsims.shopau.info/catalog/p...90corkflbl9jn5

Cheers,

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post

which sucks.

Cheers
    GW
    I got mine (or at least my son did) off Ebay from one of my regular US suppliers, $54.56US plus $24.50US for postage and had it in under 5 working days delivered to Australia just before Xmas, sorry but its much easier than waiting for a shop to get it in. I see Milsims in Australia has it on special right now and its still much more expensive than buying direct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Balloon Busters set
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 09:01