Ares Games

Thread: SND disaster night

Default SND disaster night

Well I arranged a SND night with Hayden as it's been along time since our previous encounter were I managed to defeat him twice, oh how the tables have turned as last night went from bad to worse for me and my scouts, I'll be up loading the photos soon to show my scouts been turned into burning wrecks on the ground later, both games were really entertaining and very hard fought by both sides, and I would like to congratulate my opponant Hayden on his two victories against me, in the first game I used my two Siemen Schuckert's from Jasta 15 against his two Sopworth Snipes, it was a classic encounter with both of our scouts ducking and diving trying to gain the upperhand, the first plane to shot out of the sky was one of Hayden's Snipes, by that time one of my SS D.III's had only two points worth of damage left, time for me to keep calm and hunt down Hayden's remaining Snipe then that's were it all went horribly wrong for me. The one that was barely hanging on was shot out of the sky, then a while later I drew the explosion card much to my horror both new planes were destroyed and game over, well we had a break then over to game two were I selected to fly my Nieuport 23 against a Fokker Dr.I and would you Adam and Eve it after alot of machine gun fire and near misses I go and do it again and select the explosion card , oh well we both enjoyed both games and hopefully in our next encounter the tables will turn once more in my favour.

Looking forward to seeing the action MArk. That was bad luck.

C'est le Guerre Mark ! Well done Hayden for notching up some wins

I've had solo game today with my two Siemen Schuckert's and Udet's Albatros D.V v's two French Spad XIII's and a Nieuport 23, yet again I've taken lots of piccies on my smart phone which I'll sort out for your viewing pleasure, but this time it was total victory for the Central Powers. And my man of the match has to be Udet who did the lion's share of damage on the French scouts, so I'll be busy sorting out the photos of all three games and post them up on my albums and in their respective AAR's.

Get the piccies up Mark. He forgot to mention the explosion he took was a C damage, where I drew a big fat 0!

Spongey methinks lol.

I promise to pop in a bit more on the forum, once my baby pilot is born.
    Any name suggestions are welcome, as should be along any day now.

Two explosions in one night, ouch!!

Yes Scott it took me by suprise as well, Hayden had the luck of the Irish last night and was a gallant Victor and magnanimous in my scouts demise, it was so nice to distract myself from my grief with a game of WoGF with great company.

Sorry to hear of your losses Mark, especially your new SS.DIII's. I have not confronted a Snipe yet, so I don't know how well they match up.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Sorry to hear of your losses Mark, especially your new SS.DIII's. I have not confronted a Snipe yet, so I don't know how well they match up.
    Very similar it seemed! Close fought, aerobatic display of carnage

Now, Mark will have to deal with these opponents in an order I just placed (shhh! no swmbo needs to know) ;

Sopwith Triplane - Collishaw
    Hanriot HD.1 - Coppens (to try a Hanriot, I liked Coppens best... even though it's a single MG)
    Siemens-Schuckert D.III - Lange (for when Mark lets me have a go against his French Resistance)
    Sopwith Triplane - Little (again, B damage... I will get punished, but will do so in style )

I suppose this would be a Bad Time to mention: It's "Sopwith", not "Sopworth"....

(It's said: "Never kick a man when he's down". Can you tell me a *better* time to kick him? He's that much closer to your foot! :) )

Similar Missions

1. WGFB: Night Raiders of the Air
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 16:51
  2. Disaster!
    By Brambo in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 07:02
  3. Digital disaster?
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7