Ares Games

Thread: WGS - Bomb Loads

Question WGS - Bomb Loads

I am looking at the bomb rules and it mentions that "Each scenario with bombing indicates the load of a bomber."

There are several mentions to the bomb load of the planes. "The bombers can decide to drop one or more groups of bombs," etc...

Where can I find the number of bomb groups for a bomber ? Say the He-111 ? How many bomb groups make up the Bomb Load ?

Am I missing something ?

Every time I played I used one group of bombs, but, as the rules states, there should, or could, be more then one.

Any help or pointers will be welcome. Thanks !
    Last edited by calm; 07-12-2013 at 18:59. Reason: Minor typo

Bom dia Calm,

This is what I use to determine the bomber configuration. I hope it may help ...
    Attached Files

One load is one bomb card. Before the game, decide how many loads you have - with help of the file above. We usually use 1-2, so when the bomber misses it can do it again. Or in case there is more targets...

Thumbs up Thank you guys !!!

Thanks Olivier and Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Bom dia Calm,

This is what I use to determine the bomber configuration. I hope it may help ...
    Olivier, that helped a lot ! I already had the books at hand to do something similar, but not as complete (I would do it only for the bombers I have right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Lino22 View Post
    One load is one bomb card. Before the game, decide how many loads you have - with help of the file above. We usually use 1-2, so when the bomber misses it can do it again. Or in case there is more targets...
    That was the conclusion I met, but I still had to figure out the bomb load of each plane, and that was solved by the file Olivier pointed out.

My problem, in this case is/was with the rules, they are a lot dobious in this regard. Ares should be more clear about this issue and/or put up a file like that in their download page. I expended some two hours perusing the rules book, thinking that I must have missed something when I read the rules until I decided to cry for help here

But if Ares don't do it for you, the Aerodome will

Thanks again for your (fast) answer
    Last edited by calm; 07-14-2013 at 06:40. Reason: Minor typo

Bom dia Calm,

Great help

HE111H-6 could carry 2 torpedo's. Just to add to your list.

Bom dia Calm,

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Done ! Thanks Neil.

If I quit remember, the Germans used the italian aerial torpedo "Fiume", called F5W type (early war) and the "Naples", F5I later.
    Last edited by Casey; 07-14-2013 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Noted ! It will come in handy with your rules for shipping sinkin..... err attacking

I only realised this as the HE111 I have finished painting in 1/144th scale has 2 torpedo's. Just what I needed to give the Royal Navy a good seeing to in the Channel. Now I only need more ME109's to keep the damned RAF off the big boy's. Ohh.err more models to paint in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Noted ! It will come in handy with your rules for shipping sinkin..... err attacking

Similar Missions

1. Ammunition loads?
    By Putraack in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 12:21
  2. Bomb Loads for fighters
    By celticgriffon in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 16:22
  3. Gotha G.IV-V Standard Configuration Loads
    By Baldrick62 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1