Ares Games

Thread: Tripe and Hanriot top and side views - where?

Question Tripe and Hanriot top and side views - where?

I scratch build many of my aircraft. I'm looking for perfectly plane top and side view coloured drawings of the Snipe and the Hanriot. Niether has been released yet as Minis. I'd like to first in my gaming group to fly them.

Any ideas where I can find such drawings on-line for free, please?

Hanriot HD.1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hanriot_HD-1_3_vues.jpg  
    Last edited by usmc1855; 06-16-2010 at 04:53.

Hanriot HD.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hanriot_HD-2_3_vues.jpg  
    Last edited by usmc1855; 06-16-2010 at 04:54.

Sopwith Snipe.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sopwith_snipe a.jpg   sopwith_snipe b.jpg  
    Last edited by usmc1855; 06-16-2010 at 04:51.

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

The Snipe has been released as a miniature.

Smile

Thanks Brian. I had already found that same image of the Hanriot but it was not a clear/crisp image like yours. I will gratefully use it. That's all I need to make the Hanriot - I'll make a batch of 4, and will take photos when I'm done for the site. I have others that I should photo too. I think that I've found a good half-way point in my modelling between painstaking historic accuracy and "representative" 2 dimension profiles. They make more than adequate minis that I think hold their own in appearance compared to the WoW minis ...... when not viewed too closely.

I was looking for images of the Sopwith Triplane (Tripe), not the Snipe. Anything in your magic hat in the way of plane views (top and side) of the Sopwith Triplane, Brian?

I have line drawings in a book (Janes WW I aircraft, a 1984 reprint of the 1920 compendium issue that covered the war years in retrospect). "Janes" was not publish in 1915-1919 for national security reasons. But they are not as flexible/workable as a digital image of the coloured views.

Thanks Victor. I have the WoW mini of the Snipe. It is a fine model.

Here you go:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sopwith Triplane a.jpg   Sopwith Triplane b.jpg   Sopwith Triplane c.jpg  
    Last edited by usmc1855; 06-16-2010 at 04:48.

Can anyone see Brian's images? I get the 'red cross of death' for each one
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Can anyone see Brian's images? I get the 'red cross of death' for each one
    Should be viewable now.

I can see them now.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yep, that's better
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Incidentally, The tripe N5421 was from No 8 Naval Sq. flown by aces W.l. Jordon and R.B. Munday. It was then shot down by 33-kill ace Ltn. Heinrich Bongartz of Jasta 36.
    Rob.

Smile

Awesome response. I'm ready to go. Thanks Brian.

By the way, I used my new brown-ish table cloth/rubbery material on the weekend - a five aircraft, one balloon and 3 AA gun game that lasted just over an hour.

The material stretched nicely over my 5' X 5' game board being held in place temporarily by simple spring hand clamps. The texture felt great (no pun intended) and the almost rubber-ish feel to it held the manoeuvre cards in place well. Actually the reverse side also felt great too.

I still have not begun to experiment with paints/dyes to make it look similar to your game-board surface, but I have just set-up a test piece in my paint "booth". I think that one side or the other will "take" paint/dye/marker-ink better than the other. The material is still available at my local Walmart for the affordable sale price of $2 for a 5' X 6' piece. Thanks for your willingness to help.

I'll report back with photos.

I still have not begun to experiment with paints/dyes to make it look similar to your game-board surface, but I have just set-up a test piece in my paint "booth". I think that one side or the other will "take" paint/dye/marker-ink better than the other. The material is still available at my local Walmart for the affordable sale price of $2 for a 5' X 6' piece. Thanks for your willingness to help.
    Try indelible O.H.P. pens for fine detail. They will draw on almost any surface, and the colour reproduces well.
    Rob.

Thanks Rob. I have such pens and will give them a try. Fortunately I have some good photos of a few, good looking scratch-built WoW play mats/boards to use as models/inspiration. Of course, I might be threatened with copyright litigation if I use it to play _o_. I just heard about the shut down of Matt H's PBeM site.

Bruce, if you still need them, I can put up some very high res views of these for you.

No thanks Col. H. These are perfect for me as they are.
    SW Triplanes and Hanriots are now in production.
    Photos etc in 2-3 weeks.

Similar Missions

1. Choose your side!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Polls
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 09-27-2021, 10:28
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 21:55
  3. Building a Flat Top
    By afilter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 16:26