Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's on your workbench for July?

Default What's on your workbench for July?

Pinch, punch, first day of the month and no returns

On my workbench for this month are:

Four squadrons (Imperial, Galacteer, Valkeeri and Pirates) for Hydra's "War Rocket" rules
    A horde of 1/600 British and German aircraft for my coastal forces games
    A bag of Langton 1/1200 ships

Also hoping that the new Ares Tripe et al will arrive but that they WON'T need any time on my workbench getting spruced up like the WW1 repaints did

I will be lucky of I complete the first of these, but at least its a target

A "Time Lift Security" (not Spectrum) Patrol for 7TV
    Some VBCW Infantry
    A 28mm watercooler, 3 vending machines

Plus three 28mm ancient armies that need starting soon

Finishing off F&IW French, then 4 Valom and one Shapeways Pups, hopefully a few Valom D.VIIs if it is released.

Also fitting in some custom aircraft cards as two of the UK Wing suddenly had an overwhelming urge to acquire some - you know who you are!

My painting workbench line-up looks something like this.

It would be nice to finish at least one of these, plus one of the big boys not pictured here.

David

I have a list including Lancaster that was put back a month. Three Zvezda Hurricane Mk I, and repaint of three F-Toys ME-109-E4`s. A friend of mine recently told me about a set rules for coastal gaming from the England. He could not remember the author`s name. My answer was of course David Manley! He was amazed i knew such trivia!!!!

Rich

These should have been done a couple days ago, but in July they are finished. A repaint of a WOW Red Baron into Baumer, and a repaint of an older E-III model to match one of Guntruck or Maxes cards. I have several more I'll be working on this month to make all my Pre- WOW aircraft presentable and playable with new cards.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-01 001 001.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	96659

As for June I only have 1/200 WGS projects pending this month:

2 x Air 200 Messerschmitt Bf 109F (Channel Front 1941)
    3 x AIM Savoia Marchetti SM.79 (North Africa 1941)
    3 x AIM Macchi MC.200 (North Africa 1941)
    1 x Zvezda Junkers Ju 52 (Crete 1941)
    2 x Shapeways Glenn Martin 167F (Syria 1941)
    2 x Shapeways Fiat CR.32 (Spanish Civil War 1937)
    2 x Shapeways PZL P.11c (Poland 1939)
    2 x Shapeways CAC Boomerang (New Guinea 1943)
    1 x Shapeways CAC Wirraway (New Guinea 1944)

Then I have some Ares repaint jobs -

2 x Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I (PR version to RAF Fighter Command 1940)
    2 x Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (Belgian version to RAF Fighter Command 1940)
    2 x Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien (modify to radial engine Kawasaki Ki-100)

However, I am also waiting to receive my latest Shapeways package adding the following to the list:
    4 x 1/200 FUD Polikarpov I-15 (Spanish Civil War 1936)
    2 x 1/200 WSF Potez 540 (Spanish Civil War 1936) and
    1 x 1/200 WSF Consolidated Catalina PBY (RAAF South West Pacific 1942)

With the Brisbane Muster less than three months away I need to get production levels up - target for this month is ten aircraft!
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 07-07-2013 at 05:26.

For my July project...only one!

Re-creating Clipper's Leviathan...

Plans in place...

Material bought...

and new woodworking tools purchased or borrowed (bought a Rockwell 4.3 AMP 6 in. Belt/Disk Sander 4" x 36" while borrowing a Craftsman Table Top 16" Scroll Saw)!

I had a very productive June....may return to finshing my ACW cavalry since I finally found some horsr holders. I do have approximately a dozen or so WWI 1/2400 naval that have been begging for attention as well.

Well on second thought I think I will stick to planes a bit longer....found these in a drawer.

2 Kate
    2 Typhoons
    2 Hurricanes
    2 Spitfires

Already drying from first coat of primer.

OK I will confess the Elves may be moonlighting.

Very pleased with how they all turned out especially the Kates.

I need to devise a WoG card for them unless someone already has. Plan to just use Val cards in the interim for a scenario.

Default Clipper's Bench for July

Here's the current madness! Me 321's (3) from scratch, Me 323's (3) from scratch, He 111Z's Ares bash builds (3), Fokker DVII's Shapeways (8), Fokker DRI's Shapeways (3), SE5 Nexus repaint, V-1 Buzz Bombs (6) from scratch, in boxes to repaint: (6) Albatross Ares, (8) Sopwith Camels Ares, (9) Spads Aero 94 Ares, and whatever the elves bring up . . .

Amerika bombers? Hmmm

Only two 28mm Wild West buildings, one resin from Old Glory and one scratch built. Both are primed and need to be finished by noon Monday, July 8th,
    Last edited by Big Blake; 07-06-2013 at 20:05.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

The most important project on my workbench this month is to walk my lovely daughter down the aisle and give her to a good man. I bought a tuxedo today. I suppose I need to attend a rehearsal, a dinner, do the stroll down the aisle, give the young lady a kiss, and then sit down and enjoy the rest of that day. I've already written the checks. What else does the father of the bride do? (Two of my three boys are married off but my dear wife, God rest her soul, took care of all the related work.) Hmm, two weeks from today that'll be history. Time flies.

After that, I'll be able to do some work towards finishing some 1/200 minis (B-24, A-20, B-25, P-38, P-40E (Aleutian Cat), P-51C, P-51D, Tony, Dutch Buffaloes, and some Soviet SB-2s).

Well Congratz Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by miscmini View Post
    The most important project on my workbench this month is to walk my lovely daughter down the aisle and give her to a good man.

Name:	gunsdontkill.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	97616

:)

Congrats Kevin; finishing a project is always a good feeling. (It's alright to cry a bit too).
    Don't let Chris put a damper on things; I'm sure the predominantly displayed shotgun ensured the lad did the right thing
    Karl

The War Rocket element of my July painting programme is complete - only 7 days in!

http://dtbsam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/war-rocket.html

Name:	2013-07-07+11.43.45.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	97650

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Very pleased with how they all turned out especially the Kates.
    I need to devise a WoG card for them unless someone already has. Plan to just use Val cards in the interim for a scenario.
    When in doubt, go see Max Headroom's albums. He has 4:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...chmentid=16245
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...achmentid=9730
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...achmentid=9729
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...achmentid=9725

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    The War Rocket element of my July painting programme is complete - only 7 days in!

Nice; brings back memories indeed! Karl

Aww man, those are cool. Of course, me being me, I prefer the pirate fleet you have on your blog.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

A real mixture:

Fife & Drum AWI – first test sample figures to start painting – very nice figures though
    Lots of AB Napoleonics to varnish and base
    Filling out some gaps in my vintage 25mm ECW collection

Now I'm on the look out for the Valom DVIIs and the ARES SS DIII or is it DIV? Anybody in the UK got either of these yet?

Tim: what scale are the AWI figures?
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    A real mixture:

Fife & Drum AWI – first test sample figures to start painting – very nice figures though
    Lots of AB Napoleonics to varnish and base
    Filling out some gaps in my vintage 25mm ECW collection

Now I'm on the look out for the Valom DVIIs and the ARES SS DIII or is it DIV? Anybody in the UK got either of these yet?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

1/56th so about 30mm tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    1/56th so about 30mm tall.
    Hmm...Epic scale!

OK, now that the planes are done (they were the low hanging fruit) this is what is really on the workbench and will likely take the rest of the summer if I do not get distracted.

ACW 10mm Cavalry.

Infantry and Artillery have been done for some timenow along with some mounted and dismounted Union troopers. This week horse holders were finally restocked at the LGS. I need to build 16 of these to complete 4 Brigades/Regiments depending on scale of Union and Confederate troopers (8 units total).

I had been putting off Cavalry for so long because you really have to do two units for ever one (1 Mounted and 1 Dismounted) so our skirmishes up to now have been missing the cavalry element.

The other item on my to do list are these 1/2400 scale GHQ WWI ships. Four of them are German Battlecruisers for Dogger Bank. he other 6 are 3 Konig class and 3 Kaiser Class BB.

I have a dream of someday being able to re-fight a good portion of Jutland. In the meantime we do smaller actions and hypothetical engagements for WWI.

Unless I order some more AiM models (likely possibility) these will be on the work bench for some time.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Hmm...Epic scale!
    I guess so but these models have true-to-life proportions so being quite slender they don't feel big or bulky at all. I started painting one this afternoon and they are the nicest of any 28mm figures I've ever worked on to paint. I'm doing a few now as a test run really – I've other projects I want to try to pretty much wrap up before getting into anything else in a major way.

All hail the Holy Tetrarchy -- John, Roger, Brian and Freddie. :)

Just primed both AEG's, a word of caution MAKE SURE THE DREMEL IS SWITCHED OFF BEFORE PLUGGING IT IN! I won't tell you were the grinding wheel was resting but it was terribly close, nasty red mark and split shorts.....ohhhharrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Just primed both AEG's, a word of caution MAKE SURE THE DREMEL IS SWITCHED OFF BEFORE PLUGGING IT IN! I won't tell you were the grinding wheel was resting but it was terribly close, nasty red mark and split shorts.....ohhhharrrrr.

Whats on your workbench Neil?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Which is exactly why Dremel doesn't make the tiny circular saw anymore.
    Karl

Nice; brings back memories indeed! Karl
    Carl? you really worry me!

James

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Whats on your workbench Neil?
    Rob.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...php?15564-HELP

So it really wasn't your 'finger' you were supergluing then?

Quote Originally Posted by James Denberger View Post
    Carl? you really worry me!

James
    Why, some movies are just so bad, that they're great to watch.

Maybe you prefer a different Brian Blessed?

Karl

Lozenge Camo pattern completed with nose art, now construction of the Mannesmann Poll Triplane Bomber!

Thumbs up

Neil

That is why most nudist are not also modelers!

Rich

Duck Dodgers in the 25th Century!

Yea watched too many Bugs Bunny/Dafey Duck when the kids were young...

Quote Originally Posted by freebird-52 View Post
    Duck Dodgers in the 25th Century!
    24&1/2th Century. :)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    24&1/2th Century.
    Okay, so I'm off by 1/2 a century...can I claim old age?

Don't tell everyone, its very embarrassing.

Just finished a 3rd ME109E (not much to do, got it off grumpy1 but I think its an F models as it was pre-painted and very easy to clip together.) Also a Zvezda JU87, simple not much gluing and went together a treat. Still go the 2 AEG's at various states of completion, but now I want to put together the other 3 JU87's and an JU88, with a fourth ME109, then a second Spit or Hurri. The I reckon its BoB time. And somewhere there is a 2nd SE5 (skytrex) that needs some TLC. Oh well not much, might take me the rest of the year, unless I get some little elves from Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...php?15564-HELP

So it really wasn't your 'finger' you were supergluing then?

Clipper's bench today, something is not supposed to be there, find it and guess why it is there?

Bottom right: someone went through a temporal wormhole.
    Karl

Our local air base is getting the F-35 soon so I thought I should add one in 1/144 to my collection, should keep Hunter off my tail for a game or two . . .

Now that the styrene experiment was a success the factory is probably going back into production again! Up first is going to be the Fiddle's Dallas SPAD & a couple of Prudenzio Se5a's

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blake View Post
    Only two 28mm Wild West buildings, one resin from Old Glory and one scratch built. Both are primed and need to be finished by noon Monday, July 8th,
    You Wild West game Blake? What ruleset you using, out of curiosity? I'm a big Western fan & I dabble a bit myself, but not as much as WoG.

Unexpected progress: All Mounted and Dismounted are ready for the game table. Just need to finish the Horse holders.

Depending on how the weekend goes this project could be finished well ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Unexpected progress: All Mounted and Dismounted are ready for the game table. Just need to finish the Horse holders.

Depending on how the weekend goes this project could be finished well ahead of schedule.
    Great looking game pieces!

And the sage continues with the Mannesmann Poll Triplane Bomber...

Parts all cut, now to paint & add the lozenge

and here is the scrap pile & first attempted cut-outs...

Since Clipper started the first production models ("A" Models"), mine will have some updated features making it a "B" Model

The 94th is ready for action!

Now to do something other than Spads . . . will the Heinkels arrive today? Will series 6 be delivered? Such a stressful hobby!!!!!

Lightbulb

After two false starts i have finished three Zvesda Hurricanes and a old Crown P-40.:embarass::embarass:

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7150159.jpg   P7150155.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. My May's Workbench looks very familar . . . does yours?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 03:43
  2. What's on your workbench this March.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 13:34
  3. WGF What's on your workbench this February?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 16:20
  4. New Workbench Area
    By ptownhiker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 02:21
  5. The Workbench
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 22:58