Ares Games

Thread: My new additions!

Smile My new additions!

I have been working on a few planes and finally finished some. They include two Peters Planes Beaufighter`s and a Shapeways Martin Maryland. Two of three of the Beau`s are done and the third needs decals.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6230303.jpg   P6230304.jpg   P6230305.jpg   P6230307.jpg   P6230301.jpg  

P6230306.jpg  

Darrell

Thank you! Peter does a great job on his kits, that helps a lot!

Rich

Nice pictures !! Almost makes me start some conversions

Carlos

If you mean the the Beaufighter Mk II, Peter makes the Griffon engines for that!

Rich

Smile

Bob

Thank you! The secret is Silly Putty! I use it to make the irregular shapes for the camouflage.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6150292.jpg   P6150298.jpg  

Good idea well done!

Rich, I am totally "stealing" your silly putty idea.

Great idea with the Silly Putty. I will definitely utilize this technique.

Thumbs up

I have to confess i stole the idea myself! The trick is getting the edges pressed down well. I spray a coat of clear gloss after the first color. The putty stick just enough and comes right off leaving good crisp edges. Then you roll it up and stick back in it`s container. I have been using the same globe for four years now, there is little wastage!

Rich

P.S. I just noticed in the the third photo a bump in the paint on the tip of the tail on the J plane? It was a piece of putty i missed! At first i thought it was a paint run!!! Silly me!!

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Carlos

If you mean the the Beaufighter Mk II, Peter makes the Griffon engines for that!

Rich
    Richard, I have to convert my Me-110's.

Quote Originally Posted by ptownhiker View Post
    Rich, I am totally "stealing" your silly putty idea.
    Same here !

Nice Beaufighters, Rich. I've heard of the silly putty trick, but have never seen it being done. Might have to give it a try.

Thumbs up

I was leery the first time i tried it, and nearly messed up a Lancaster. I did not press the putty down well this left under cut in the second color paint Several coats of gloss coat did help a lot. What was hard was doing the two Beaufighter`s one is in reversed colors. Same pattern but reversed colors. I see one spot i messed up on! The camera tells no lies!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2584.jpg   100_2583.jpg   100_1605.jpg  

khairul

Wow those are really nice . Especially love your Lancasters. Well done.

Yes Richard, those Lancs are particularly good. It is a pity he does not do them in 1:200
    Rob.

Actually the Griffon's older brother, the R-R Merlin XX.

Nice work with all the aircraft shown, and fully endorse using silly putty for the irregular cam shapes.

Thumbs up

That the Lancaster came out was a surprise to me. There was a edge you could slide you fingernail under on most of the Dark Green. Several coats of Testors Gloss Coat blended it in. I was ready to strip all the upper paint off and start again. On historical note, that was the first Lancaster model i had built since a 1:72 scale in 1972. The new one came out better!!!
    Does anyone make a 1:200 Lancaster?

Rich

Smile

My last Beaufighter has joined the air fleet!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6290149.jpg   P6290152.jpg  

That the Lancaster came out was a surprise to me. There was a edge you could slide you fingernail under on most of the Dark Green. Several coats of Testors Gloss Coat blended it in. I was ready to strip all the upper paint off and start again. On historical note, that was the first Lancaster model i had built since a 1:72 scale in 1972. The new one came out better!!!
    Does anyone make a 1:200 Lancaster?

Rich
    Ares is due to bring out a Lancaster in the future. Great G for George Rich, here are some pics of the real aircraft at AWM I took in January.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AWM Lancaster 2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	96473

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AWM Lancaster.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	96474

Thumbs up

Carl

Thank you! It was a huge disappointment not to see this beast fly last month! We missed it`s arrival by 30 minutes! Then rain killed any chance of it`s flying! I have Lancaster to build, this bird has inspired me!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5170149.jpg   P5170102.jpg   P5170096.jpg  

Similar Missions

1. WGF New Additions - Oeffag DIII
    By PilGrim in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 04:50
  2. New additions to the collection
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 18:56
  3. Two New Jasta II additions.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 27