Ares Games

Thread: WGFB: Under the Guns of the German Aces (GS)

Default WGFB: Under the Guns of the German Aces (GS)

Submit a Book Review
    Book Title:
    Under the Guns of the German Aces
    Author:
    Norman Franks and Hal Giblin
    ISBN:
    1-898697-72-8
    Category:
    Biography
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    The authors discuss, in order, each victory won by Max Immelmann, Werner Voss, Herman Goring, and Lothar von Richthofen. Each section has a several page bio of the German ace, followed by entries that provide details about the planes defeated, pilot biographies, squadron histories, and the engagements. There are black-and-white photographs of pilots, many of the planes, historical items such as grave markers and citations, and the aces themselves. The entries vary in length from partial pages to multiple depending upon the available information of the defeated pilots.

As with the others in the series, this is a really enjoyable book. The format lends itself to those who only have a few minutes to read at a given time to those who can spend an entire evening. One can read it like a book from cover to cover, or as a reference when wanting to know something about a given dogfight. This book is about others as much as it is about the four German aces.

See the review for Under the Guns of the Red Baron for another book in this series.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-the-Red-Baron

See the review for Under the Guns of the Kaiser's Aces for another book in this series.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...highlight=guns

I own this book, so if you ever need anything from it or others I have, please let me know. Other titles can be found in my photo album – WWI Library Non-Fiction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Under the Guns of the German Aces.jpg  
    Last edited by 7eat51; 06-20-2013 at 09:22.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 10:49
  2. WGFB: Under the Guns of the Kaiser's Aces (GS)
    By 7eat51 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 11:41
  3. WGFB: Guynemer, the Ace of Aces
    By diceslinger in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 19:41
  4. WGFB: Ace of Aces
    By john snelling in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 19:32
  5. WGFB: German Air Aces of World War One (A&A)
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 12:51