Ares Games

Thread: In search of Dogfight and Immelman decks

Default In search of Dogfight and Immelman decks

Well, I recently had a break-in... the good news is they didn't really get much of value--the bad news is they got my copy of Watch Your Back (which I can replace), with my Dogfight and Immelman decks inside (NOT so easy to replace).

Anyone know of a US e-tailer that still has 'em in stock, or a set listed here in the Marketplace?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe check eBay and Craigslist so you can buy back your stolen decks? I mean, unless the thief plays Wings of Glory, that is most likely where they will end up.

I saw some Booster Packs on sale in a not-so-local gaming store (Odds and Ends Album). Sorry, the picture is from my phone, but the Immelmann pack is there, and one other.

I could check availability (they may have sold or trashed them by now), and if available, try and get them for you. Two of these, at sale price is probably $15.00 with taxes. Postage to Washington should be under $10.

Mike

I found copies of those Booster packs through Amazon.com back at Christmas. You could also check E-bay and possibly cardhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I saw some Booster Packs on sale in a not-so-local gaming store (Odds and Ends Album). Sorry, the picture is from my phone, but the Immelmann pack is there, and one other.

I could check availability (they may have sold or trashed them by now), and if available, try and get them for you. Two of these, at sale price is probably $15.00 with taxes. Postage to Washington should be under $10.

Mike
    Diamondback,
    I lied.

I phoned the shop, and they have Top Fighter and Recon Patrol left, not the two you are looking for.

Sorry.

Mike

Thanks, guys--"buy back" via CL is unlikely, we got the dirty SOB's collared as they fled the scene. (I consider it high praise that the responding officer thought I had handled it better and been more helpful than most complainants he'd dealt with.)

who the hell steals board games... what an odd concept.. it must have been for themselves to play!
    hey if you caught em, had they already palmed the stuff off to other people?

Some sick peeps in my 'hood, Evan... anyway, B&E was Monday, and they just got the warrant to search the perps' impounded ride today, I'm preparing just in case of worst-case assumptions.

Diamondback,
    Any word on your decks? I may have found them in a store in Regina. But I need to know by tomorrow afternoon, early, to go get them for you.

[Edit: On Monday I emailed the store and they only had Crossfire and Recon Patrol left, among other WWII packs. If they had Dogfight and Immelmann, I would have picked them up on spec. Sorry to disappoint, again, Diamondback. ]

I am leaving for home at Oh Dark Stupid, Tuesday morning.

Mike
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 06-26-2013 at 07:38. Reason: update

Bad news, they scored more than I thought--looks like they got my RDS, Dawn of WWII, Flying Legend and Eagles of the Reich packs too.

Good news, between Monse in talk (hat tip) and 12-7 I've now got everything except RDS and DoWWII on the way. (Per Andrea, both DP's + WWI RAP = RDS plus a little more, but since I've been trying for a full deck per plane, plus like to have extra ground targets, RDS + RAP if I can find another RDS would get me closer.)

I don't know how much got recovered, and I'll bet anything the Sheriff's Dept. did recover will be tied up in the Evidence Locker for a while, so... whatever they recover, somebody's getting offered a deal on.

Original deluxe set or revised? I can get you both

Hunting for Revised, but I'd imagine shipping transPac would suck on cost. Lemme try a bit of nosing around here first... Thought and offer very much appreciated.

For DoWWII, have a query out to former Dromer MayorJim at BoardGameGeek, hoping for a reply...

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

I was in Brookhust Hobbies in Garden Grove California last week and I noticed they had several of the Top Fighters booster packs. I'm not sure if they had the Immelman pack. If you have trouble getting in touch with them, I might be by the store again soon and could get them in touch with you.

Thanks for bumping this and reminding me, David.

Replacements on the way for:
    --Watch Your Back!
    --Dogfight (thanks, Monse )
    --Immelman (ditto)
    --Dawn of WWII
    --Flying Legend
    --Eagles of the Reich

Now all that's left to do is find a Revised Deluxe Set and not have somebody snipe it out from under me in the literal last SECONDS...

Good news, everybody, this problem is SOLVED! Turns out unbeknownst to me, my DoWWII (well, DoWWII boosted with FL and EotR) and RDS boxes had been moved back to Remote Storage, so I don't need to look for them--which means I have a surplus First Edition WOW-WWII Dawn of War, FL and EOTR.
    Thinking all I'm gonna ask for 'em is my costs plus shipping.

LOL! Welcome to the over the hill, can't see, and can't remember, pilots home!

Actually, I think it was a relative who moved 'em on me...

Similar Missions

1. wanted: flight decks/damage decks/plane cards
    By boomerpete53 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 15:05
  2. In search of an aircraft
    By Bluedevil in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 06:15
  3. Help my search Fu is boken
    By Linz in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3