Ares Games

Thread: Disney Planes!

Default Disney Planes!

Just saw all 4 trailers for the new Disney movie "Planes" and the one with only music is epic and thrilling, all the elves were in tears! Can't wait till August and now that I have 2 grand-wing men there will be some plane bonding ahead for sure! I wonder if the toys will come in 1/144 or 1/200 scale . . .

Have you either a link or any pictures of this Dave?
    I had not heard anything about this new Disney film.
    Sounds as if it could prove a good induction for the youngsters.
    The premise attributed to St. Francis Xavier “Give me the child until he is seven and I'll give you the man”. springs to mind here.
    Rob.

Thanks for mentioning this David - just watched one of the trailers on You Tube.

I followed your lead Brian.
    What did you think to it?
    Rob.

I'm looking forward to the repaints

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I'm looking forward to the repaints

Hush! Or the Elves will hear you.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I followed your lead Brian.
    What did you think to it?
    Rob.
    Rob,

My wife, the girls and my brother's family are all huge Disney fans so will really enjoy it - I thought it looked very watchable, particularly as some of the planes were quite recognisable.

All,
    I could recognize some, but others were a bit too stylized for me. So, I found a listing of the "actors": Wikipedia - Planes_(film).

Mike :-)

Well, for starters I want one of these:

Purely for my grandson, you understand.....

I suspect it will be Standard for that bunch -- visually outstanding; plot and characters about as thin as a _WoG_ card....

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I suspect it will be Standard for that bunch -- visually outstanding; plot and characters about as thin as a _WoG_ card....
    You were the guy in goggles?

Chris,
    I'd say you were cynical, but you'd probably throw back at me my usual response to being accused of that. "I'm not cynical. I'm experienced!"

Mike :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Well, for starters I want one of these:

Purely for my grandson, you understand.....
    Of course you do Gunners!
    I'll just settle for the hanger. Think how many models you could get in there!
    Rob.

My son is now 4 months old, but I'm sure daddy will do everything to complete his collection of these funny (but cool looking) planes.
    I'm telling his mother that my WOG collection is also for him . When he is old enough I hope we both still will have the intrest in the game and we'll be able to play together...

Steve, give it a little time and I'm sure he will show up on the toy shelves. I might buy one for myself.

I saw the preview last weekend for Planes. I was told, i would have to go see it!

Rich

Oh you can bet they will be for sale, Disney has never lost a chance to make some money, I just do not think they have a clue how big this market is going to be! I just hope they do all the characters like they did with the Cars movie items!

Here's the link to my fave version of the promo, its epic and very moving! (but then I am old and sentimental, and a new grandpa)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n73w-B5sBlA

Coming soon to a toy store near you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORQSVJl2Wk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mwPQIh2tM

We have a local fellow who runs a Reno Air Racing game that is pretty simple. He aims it at kids mostly and maybe picking these up he would get a bit more interest in gaming in general.

Phil-Reno!!!!! OOOOOO! Very interesting! I have accumulated every Unlimited flown since the 40's in 1/144 scale to make a game out of, all the courses for mats, etc. any chance we could get together and compare notes? I am planning custom mods and colors of the real birds and they look real cool! Thanks to the F-Toys collections et all I am only missing A-26 Invaders and recently got the AT-6's from Shapeways!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_5518.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	93852
    Here is the photo I took at the AF Museum of the Disney people made the nose art. I am sure you saw this.

Doc currently resides about 15 miles from me. Here's the latest on the resto project. http://www.b-29doc.com/news.php

Wow! If I were ever to slip back into WWII I would have to do a Disney squadron!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Chris,
    I'd say you were cynical, but you'd probably throw back at me my usual response to being accused of that. "I'm not cynical. I'm experienced!"
    In this case, it would be literal fact: I've seen pretty-much every Disney and/or Pixar flick, and the results are always as I describe -- visuals are amazing; characters painted in broad strokes; plot reads like someone copied-and-pasted half of TVTropes. But as these are "kids' movies", depth would be lost on the little blighters (well, most of them).

Quote Originally Posted by phililphall View Post
    We have a local fellow who runs a Reno Air Racing game that is pretty simple.
    Rules -- we can haz? :)

Quote Originally Posted by phililphall View Post
    We have a local fellow who runs a Reno Air Racing game that is pretty simple. He aims it at kids mostly and maybe picking these up he would get a bit more interest in gaming in general.
    Rules -- we can haz?
    Can we add guns? (stupid question, I know) .
    Karl

And Skipper is already entertaining my son...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	99760

Also bougt the metal plane of Skipper but he didn't have intrest in it. And its actually for childeren of 3 years old so a bit early to give it to him without close supervision...

Now I uh he wants all the other metal planes to but at 10€ a piece they aren't convincing his mother to buy them all.

Great start Thomas. Get them involved as soon as you can.

Good looking lad there, must take after his mum.
    Kyte.

Just found and bought the first set!!!! Now to find a set for each of my grandsons(2) will be looking into theplaysets too

Similar Missions

1. WGF [Sale] WOW WWI and WWII planes, old gaming mat
    By hawk02 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 03:37
  2. German planes vs Americans planes, played by Americans living in Germany
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 14:56
  3. Da Planes!!!!!! Boss!!!! Da Planes!!!!!
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 18:59
  4. Walt Disney's Wings of War collection
    By jbmacek in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 12:58
  5. WW1 Bi-Planes & Tri-Planes Airshow
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:18