Ares Games

Thread: SND training game

Default SND training game

Well last Saturday I had my friend Chris who's 18 round for a gaming night, I decided to be the Entente player with one Spad XIII and one Nieuport 23, it started slow as it was his first ever taste of a none GW game, I explained everything stage by stage for our first couple of game turns, then it became to hot to handle as this sheep turned out to be a wolf, and proceeded to eliminate my Nieuport, fine I thought as his two Dr.I's had a lot of damage as well so I thought that the Spad's speed would help me wrong, I received engine damage, then they circled me like birds of pray then it was only a matter of time, one more burst of machine gun fire sent my last plane tumbling to earth, so now I have a brand new arch enemy to fly against, which is good as he's going to start buying some planes, and next time the D.VII's will come out to play.

Sorry chaps I didn't think to take any photos of this game but I'll remember next time.

To lose heavily against a newbie is good tactical sense Mark. He will be back, and as you know one skirmish does not win a war.
    However, to take no photographs is inexcusable!

Rob.

I must agree, also take another and one more to remember . Photo's, Photo's we must have photo's.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    To lose heavily against a newbie is good tactical sense Mark. He will be back, and as you know one skirmish does not win a war.
    However, to take no photographs is inexcusable!

Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jonathan
    Sorties Flown

No photo, didn't happen.

<BG>

I deserved the for the lack of photos of this SND game, but on a positive note Chris really did enjoy the game, as he was so suprised on how easy to pick up the game is, that he's now after a duel pack plus a couple of other planes so that he can fight for either side, I've also recommended that he checks out this forum, and I'll have to be carefull of Chris as he could probably become an ace at my planes expense.

Don't take it too hard Mark. It was only a mild rebuke.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Don't take it too hard Mark. It was only a mild rebuke.
    Rob.
    I realized you guys were pulling my leg Rob.

Mark,
    Way to lead the sheep to the shearing.

However, I still would like the opportunity to take a few shots at you, long distance. Perhaps you and Chris could gang up on the Forssman?

Mike

Ok I'm up for that, I'll have to pm you when I've got time to have a game against you, I'll ask my dad if I can borrow his laptop as our desktop seems to have the occasional hick up now and again, or I can buy a webcam for our Samsung smart tv, then I'll try my luck against you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffern View Post
    No photo, didn't happen.
    I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    I deserved the for the lack of photos of this SND game, but on a positive note Chris really did enjoy the game, as he was so suprised on how easy to pick up the game is, that he's now after a duel pack plus a couple of other planes so that he can fight for either side, I've also recommended that he checks out this forum, and I'll have to be carefull of Chris as he could probably become an ace at my planes expense.
    Tell him to bring it on & welcome aboard. We can always use more Aces. Unless he plans on flying for THEM and not US....

I realized you guys were pulling my leg Rob.

Good grief Mark. I thought we were clipping your earhole!
    Rob.

Lol that's what I like about this forum no one takes themselves to seriously, Chris has learning difficulties and I was guiding him throughout the game, so I forgot to take any photos of my French scouts demise, but there's no flies on Chris believe me judging by how he ripped apart those planes, next time I predict more mayhem above the skies as I want to regain my honour.

Well last Saturday I had my friend Chris who's 18 round for a gaming night, I decided to be the Entente player with one Spad XIII and one Nieuport 23, it started slow as it was his first ever taste of a none GW game, I explained everything stage by stage for our first couple of game turns, then it became to hot to handle as this sheep turned out to be a wolf, and proceeded to eliminate my Nieuport, fine I thought as his two Dr.I's had a lot of damage as well so I thought that the Spad's speed would help me wrong, I received engine damage, then they circled me like birds of pray then it was only a matter of time, one more burst of machine gun fire sent my last plane tumbling to earth, so now I have a brand new arch enemy to fly against, which is good as he's going to start buying some planes, and next time the D.VII's will come out to play.
    Beware the Dark Elves, They sneak up on you and bite you .

Similar Missions

1. Flight Training
    By skyking20 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 19:34
  2. New Wingman Training
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 23:24
  3. Pre-Thanksgiving training
    By tech42 in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 1