Ares Games

Thread: Medal for Prague Summer Con

Default Medal for Prague Summer Con

In July the second Prague Summer Con takes place in the Golden City.

I think we'll be able to raise the number of participants and player's from different nationalities.

Our Czech pilots work on a logo at the moment:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ue-Summer-Conu

Ladinek, a here registered shop owner, will allocate the gaming rooms in his shop.

...so will there be a chance to get a medal for the Prague Summer Con in the future?

There are many events credited with a medal, but I know that the Prague Summer Con is nothing you'll find outside the Aerodrome in the world wide web like for example HistoriCon, Rock-Con or Triples.

It's a pure WoG meeting.

Maybe we can reduce the different kind of medals / ranks (participant, wingman, event GM & event organizer) to only one medal (The Prague Summer Con Medal ) with stars on the ribbon for the number of participations:

Blank = 1
    Bronze = 2
    Silver = 3
    Gold = 4 and more

That will reduce the effort to maintain the award list and shows the character of the WoG gaming event that’s simple organized by gamers.

Just a proposal.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 06-08-2013 at 03:11.

Sven, my wingman and me have been thinking of such a medal for quite some time. Here are my 2 cents. We are simply jelous (yes!) Or at least I am You guys in the UK and in the States are much better ...developed as gaming communities and have many opportunities to attend such popular events (and you have many fancy shinies on your chests!). So we thought that opening this serious of annual Prague events we can not only gather some Drome friends together, but show to the Community that we here in Central Europe are trying harder to build up the spirit of common gaming and spreading the good news. I am bringing two families with me to the Con this year. 10 people (5 players) including myself. I can not wait to see Nemanja, Sven, Jan, David and Thomas and other, possibly new chaps there. The point is what Sven put down. These are we, forumers from...6 countries, who organize that. Is not it splendid? Sorry, I know it was long-winded!

I will have more time to consider this once I have survived Origins. Thanks for your patience until then!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Bad news Ken, you cannot hide from Andrzej there, he is being lend-leased over the big pond to attend the show.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-08-2013 at 07:32.

I think that it would be a splendid idea to produce a medal for in house events, as long as some criteria were included to prevent every meeting up of a couple of players putting in for a medal. Prague Summer Con is an expanding meeting with a history rapidly being formed behind it, and should ,therefore, gain recognition.
    Who knows, we may even have a con of our own in the U.k. next year.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I think that it would be a splendid idea to produce a medal for in house events, as long as some criteria were included to prevent every meeting up of a couple of players putting in for a medal. Prague Summer Con is an expanding meeting with a history rapidly being formed behind it, and should ,therefore, gain recognition.
    Who knows, we may even have a con of our own in the U.k. next year.
    Rob.
    As you know Rob, I have already enrolled for it.

Is there something going on I didn't know about?

Tell me when and where and I start Sealion II imediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Prague Summer Con is an expanding meeting with a history rapidly being formed behind it, and should ,therefore, gain recognition...
    That's it, Rob.

...and my suggestion is, to judge this event in August, dig this thread out again, and make a decision then.

The Prague Summer Con Medal is something I wanted to be previously announced.

I have to agree with Rob on this. I have seen how it is growing and should be recognized. I checked and there are 16 convention medals listed. Origins being the biggest. I saw the Historicon medal and that was the first year I miss the convention in many years. Looking forward to Origins in 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    That's it, Rob.

...and my suggestion is, to judge this event in August, dig this thread out again, and make a decision then.

The Prague Summer Con Medal is something I wanted to be previously announced.
    I agree with that.

Similar Missions

1. Prague Summer Con 2013
    By Nightbomber in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 366
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 15:19
  2. Logo Prague Summer Conu
    By Lino22 in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 14:10
  3. A desert mat ready for Prague Summer Con 2013
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club