Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo template?

I cut two sample of this as part of my testing of the new laser. While it is functional, it's not quite at the production value level I want it at. I'll work more on the design and keep you guys informed.

Great to hear the progress Keith. I can foresee a lot more of my cash wending its way across the pond before we are finished, and I don't need a crystal ball to predict that one.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I cut two sample of this as part of my testing of the new laser. While it is functional, it's not quite at the production value level I want it at.
    A recent photo from Keith's workshop......

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Great to hear the progress Keith. I can foresee a lot more of my cash wending its way across the pond before we are finished, and I don't need a crystal ball to predict that one.
    Rob.
    Well, if you do have a crystal ball, tell me the next winning lotto numbers and i'll split it with you

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post

Careful David, between that pic, the very old thread about me getting a third nipple removed, and working on classified govt. systems for the last 20 years, people might start to think something is going on here. lol

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post

Ah... the dreaded super-villain monologue.

All my life I have been fascinated by planes...their brilliance, color, texture. I welcome any enterprise which will increase my stock.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Ah... the dreaded super-villain monologue.
    Best line ever, " I expect you to die Mr. Bond." How naive can you get!
    Rob.

"Do you expect me to talk?!?"

"No, Mr. Kyte! I expect you to BUY!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    "Do you expect me to talk?!?"

"No, Mr. Kyte! I expect you to BUY!!!"

That is hilarious Rob. Deserves a medal.

OH! All right then if you are twisting my arm Rob.
    To the bar.
    Kyte.

OH! All right then if you are twisting my arm Rob.
    To the bar.
    Kyte.

Well, if you insist...

Well, if you insist...
    Tough sell.

Well, if you insist...
    I do insist Rob. Happy Christmas old fruit.
    Why should Kyte have all the fun?
    Rob.

I do insist Rob. Happy Christmas old fruit.
    Why should Kyte have all the fun?
    Rob.

I'll drink to that! Merry Christmas my friend.

I worked out the final design this weekend and had Richard look it over. I also cut a couple of test pieces and I think everything is good to go on these... except I don't have any production acrylic yet! I'm hoping that shows up this week sometime.

I am going with a two part template, a half circle for each side. I'll get some photos of it this week and put it up on the site for pre-orders. The price is going to be $11.99 for the set.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing this.

I worked out the final design this weekend and had Richard look it over. I also cut a couple of test pieces and I think everything is good to go on these... except I don't have any production acrylic yet! I'm hoping that shows up this week sometime.

I am going with a two part template, a half circle for each side. I'll get some photos of it this week and put it up on the site for pre-orders. The price is going to be $11.99 for the set.
    Awesome! Looking forward to the photos.

Will they be in clear or colored acrylic?

They will be cut out of clear acrylic. This allows me to cut a base out of the center section and reduce the cost.

I should add that due to the size of it, I've used heavier weight lines and larger numbers. It's really easy to read. I've also learned a new technique when engraving on clear acrylic that makes the marking show up even better when not filled in with crayon or the like. So for those of you that don't fill in the markings on my flight stands, these will be easier to read.

I don't dig the crayon technique so these will be really nice.

They will be cut out of clear acrylic. This allows me to cut a base out of the center section and reduce the cost.

I should add that due to the size of it, I've used heavier weight lines and larger numbers. It's really easy to read. I've also learned a new technique when engraving on clear acrylic that makes the marking show up even better when not filled in with crayon or the like. So for those of you that don't fill in the markings on my flight stands, these will be easier to read.
    Excellent news!

just saw this thread Keith, I'm in for sure, cant wait for these

Sounds great Keith.
    At that price I'll take two. One for my WWI box and one for my WWII box.
    Rob.

Sounds great Keith.
    At that price I'll take two. One for my WWI box and one for my WWII box.
    Rob.
    A sound plan, Rob. I'm in for at least two... good for those co-op missions against an AI.

When can we see it.....then gimme, gimme gimme!
    See you on the Dark Side......

I should get pics of it this weekend hopefully.

I should get pics of it this weekend hopefully.

Just the news I needed to perk me up.
    Rob.

Keith, would clear acrylic range rulers be an option? Im trying my hand at cutting a few in clear plastic. I have a project I hope to unveil soon they would be perfect for.

Keith, would clear acrylic range rulers be an option? Im trying my hand at cutting a few in clear plastic. I have a project I hope to unveil soon they would be perfect for.
    I'm sure I could cut some special for you when I run some clear acrylic. How many you looking for?

I'm sure I could cut some special for you when I run some clear acrylic. How many you looking for?
    Maybe like a 1/2 a dozen or so. Two or three regular size ones & the same number in "short" 1/2 size. I hope to have some done for my next AAR to show the idea I have in mind.

Maybe like a 1/2 a dozen or so. Two or three regular size ones & the same number in "short" 1/2 size. I hope to have some done for my next AAR to show the idea I have in mind.
    A-ha! A mystery...

Name:  WantToKnow.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  14.1 KB

This sounds interesting. Can't wait to see what this entails. Can't wait to see what the templates turn out like too Keith.

Hmm! Intriguing.
    Kyte.

The Solo Templates are now up on the site for sale.

Looks good Keith, I will go and order one now. Can you put it in with my pre-order when they arrive?

Great work, thanks for this.... Ordered!

Herr Oberst, you beautiful genius, you've done it again! Those are superb looking! Much better than I'd even imagined.

Do you guys ever do use bombers with the solo rules, or do they only work for fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Looks good Keith, I will go and order one now. Can you put it in with my pre-order when they arrive?
    Will do sir. Thanks for the order.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkReaper View Post
    Great work, thanks for this.... Ordered!
    Thanks for the order!

Herr Oberst, you beautiful genius, you've done it again! Those are superb looking! Much better than I'd even imagined.
    Yes, I thought they came out pretty well also.

Two ordered Herr Oberst, and yes I sometimes have bombers use the Solo rules for attacking a target.
    Rob.

As soon as I get my laptop back I will be ordering at least one set.

And yes, solo templates for bombers would be great, too.
    Last edited by calm; 01-25-2014 at 08:10.

Ordered yesterday. Awaiting delivery to try it out.

Had a problem with my account data in the first try, but in the second one it went fine, so, I have it ordered, too

Any news on Caproni bases? Desperate for 1.

Two ordered Herr Oberst, and yes I sometimes have bombers use the Solo rules for attacking a target.
    Rob.
    So is there a need for a template to fit the bomber bases?

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Any news on Caproni bases? Desperate for 1.
    Hopefully in the next day or so.

I like this idea as well and want a set too. I will confess I did not read all the postings on this thread. How does any altitude difference affect the sector/ maneuver choice. A plane could be in a sector and close but several levels lower or higher? What about an enemy that is apparently climbing of diving towards you?

So is there a need for a template to fit the bomber bases?
    In my opinion, Yes !

I surely would go for one (or maybe two).
    Last edited by calm; 01-26-2014 at 03:56. Reason: typo

Just ordered one - please can it go in with the pre-ordered new WGF planes I ordered earlier?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Solo War
    By wargamer in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 08:28
  2. Adobe Base card template
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 06:17
  3. Template for the rear gun blind spot
    By Marechallannes in forum Hobby Room