Ares Games

Thread: New Chap

Default New Chap

Greetings from sunny Yorkshire. Though I'm a dispossessed southerner in a northern land.
    Just had my first game of Wings of Glory at Triples a few weeks back and I must say I'm just a little hooked.
    Hopefully this will lead to many fun hours giving the hun what for.

Steve

Welcome, as a Lancashire lad I'm sure you'll get used to sunny Yorkshire. I'm new here myself but it seems a friendly knowledgable crowd and as for the game, it has many facets. Great gameplay leading to an interest in WW1 aviation and history... It's all here.

I've been up here 9 months now, so I'm pretty much acclimatised. Still not some of the turns of phrase though.
    I'm now waiting on a reply from the admins as my verification email went AWOL, so I'm stuck in limbo. Even changing my email address to force a new one didn't work.

Welcome from the U.S. Steve.

You will be hearing from the U.K. Recruitment Adjunct Rob (Flying Officer Kyte) soon.

Welcome Steve! The Hun are ready & waiting...

Ah Steve, welcome. I am sure you aquited yourself well against us deadly and dastardly Huns at Triples. Glad you enjoyed it to take the next leap, you fool, you mad fool. The beginning of the end old chap. Head for the mess, try a G&T and settle in for the long haul.

Howdy Steve from Texas. And Howdy to Martin if I forgot when you join the 'drone

G'Day from South Bucks, as a hemispherically dispossessed southerner in a northern land.

Welcome to the 'drome Steve from what was a sunny East Sussex earlier today. If you go to Settings at top right of page and then edit avatar on the left of the next page you should be able to snag yourself a kite from the flight line.

Hello one and all. Thank you for the kind welcomes.
    Currently I can't do anything until the verification email issue is fixed. Including snagging a kite.

Welcome to the 'Drome Steve a great wealth of knowledge awaits

Steve,
    It took one game, and I was an instant addict, too. Been at this for almost a year, and the insanity is getting worse. I wish you the best of luck, as this Forum is not "Wings of Glory Anonymous" in the slightest. More like a group of enablers.

However, they are very good enablers, offering all sorts of advice and hints on all things WoW/WoG. Hope you enjoy the camaraderie as much as I do.

From the far side of Canada, welcome to the 'drome!

Mike

Welcome to the 'Drome from sunny Ohio!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Steve, from here near Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Been at this for almost a year
    Happy one-year anniversary Mike.

Hello, welcome to the group Steve!!!

Hi Steve.
    Welcome to the U.K. wing. Sorry i was a bit late processing your application but for some reason you were not flagged up on my list.
    Rob.

Hello Steve, and welcome to the 'drome from down here in sunny Kent

Hi Steve, welcome from Essex.

Welcome to the aerodrome Steve from sunny Shropshire

And a big welcome from Belgium!

Welcome to the 'drome Steve from Wisconsin.

Welcome from Italy Have fun

Attilio

Welcome from another Southerner moved North!

Welcome Steve, from a very tired, after Partisan today, displaced Northerner living in Bristol

I thought it better to continue an old thread than start a new one as such.
    After some difficult times, which are continuing to a degree, I have actually been able to start collecting bits for both WWI & WWII and find myself drawn back in to the fray.
    So this is a hello again.

PS How does one get the medal for joining before 2014? As I did officially before dropping of the face of the planet for a while. A shiny would cheer me up :-)

Welcome back Steve.
    I was afraid that you had bought the farm old chap.
    I have submitted a request for your gong so no need to do anything.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I would love a farm, get me away from the hustle & bustle for a while. Plus all that lovely land, I would be able to have an airstrip of my own. ;-)

Not quite the sort of farm I was talking about, but I see your point.
    Rob.

I know, but then sarcasm and self deprecating humour is my raison d'etre. It does confuse people until they have known me for a few decades.

We should get on like an Albatros on fire then!
    Rob.

It's normally YOU on fire, though, Wing Commander! (although I did a very good "flaming WingCo" impression at Donnie!)

Welcome back Foz!

Shame I didn't catch up with more people up north while I was up there. Though it was a nice bunch at Triples that re-persuaded me to start looking at the games a few years back.

welcome back steve!!!! how lucky! you get to fall in love with the game all over again!

Similar Missions

1. Old Chapīs against the rissing Sun
    By jhary in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 14:01