Ares Games

Thread: German planes vs Americans planes, played by Americans living in Germany

Default German planes vs Americans planes, played by Americans living in Germany

Had some of my fellow officers over for a Wings of War learn-to-play game. Played first one to down the other balloon wins. Added trenches and AAA, but no altitude rules.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8975.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	90510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8976.jpg 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	90511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8977.jpg 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	90512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8978.jpg 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	90513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8979.jpg 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	90514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8980.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	90515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8981.jpg 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	90516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8982.jpg 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	90517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8983.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	90518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8984.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	90519

One of the things I appreciate about this game is the international flavor of it and the community. I think your title captures that quite well.

Did they enjoy learning the game?

That looked like a fantastic scrap above the clouds over " no man's land " Timmy, I've got to get myself one of those Nexus balloons to add some spice to my solo games.

Hi Mark,

I saw the brown one, brand new never opened with the plane, etc., at a hobby shop about 45 minutes from where I live. I think it was $69 US. Let me know if you want it, and I can call them asking them to hold it until I can get over there.

Eric

I think I've seen two for sale at a UK wargaming store but if they've been sold I'll pm you, and thankyou for being very helpfull in my quest for my WoGF models.

Rock on Timmy! I had a coworker over Friday night - I fear I have spread our addiction to yet another
    I see you got the mats - nice huh?

Lovely looking battle in the sky mate!!

The matts, balloons and the fire markers all add such a great touch to the look of the game.

Tis great to see!

Pip.

They enjoyed it. I can tell they were being sincere because a guys who couldn't make it wanted to know when the next game is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    One of the things I appreciate about this game is the international flavor of it and the community. I think your title captures that quite well.

My next items to get are the Red Eagle miniatures AA machine guns and artillery trucks. I love playing with the ground fire option.

http://www.redeagleminiatures.co.uk/aa_vehicles.html

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    That looked like a fantastic scrap above the clouds over " no man's land " Timmy, I've got to get myself one of those Nexus balloons to add some spice to my solo games.

I ordered the last 2 regular priced ones (one brown and one yellow) on Amazon.DE last night. Cost me $135 US, but every other ones I have seen cost that much a piece. I now will have 2 balloons of each color. I play the brown on the Central side and Yellow on the Entente. Just as a collision threat, they change the tactics of the game considerably. The 'C' damage deck packs a wallup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post

They did enjoy learning it. I am having some Canadian officers over this Friday so I am going to have a different international flavor again this week as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post

Sounds as if you are really spreading the Gospel over there Timmy.
    Just wait until you discover the joys of the Balloon barrage against bombers. That really gives some tactical headaches.
    A very nice little game set up bye the way.
    Rob.

I just ordered one more balloon each to set up a small barrage. How do the bombers make it different?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sounds as if you are really spreading the Gospel over there Timmy.
    Just wait until you discover the joys of the Balloon barrage against bombers. That really gives some tactical headaches.
    A very nice little game set up bye the way.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Well done Timmy in spreading the word on WoG to your fellow officers.
    Bet they all buy some planes soon.
    You have probably created a monster but a very friendly one!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Battle Mgr View Post
    I just ordered one more balloon each to set up a small barrage. How do the bombers make it different?
    If you have a balloon barrage with cables suspended above and in front of the target bombers will have to either bomb from very high up above the balloons or stooge around until the scouts manage to take down the Barrage. Either way it makes things harder, especially if there is an active enemy fighter presence.
    Rob.

Clever! I am going to try that soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If you have a balloon barrage with cables suspended above and in front of the target bombers will have to either bomb from very high up above the balloons or stooge around until the scouts manage to take down the Barrage. Either way it makes things harder, especially if there is an active enemy fighter presence.
    Rob.

I love the new mats. My aerodrome balloon fire markers should get here this week.

Similar Missions

1. WGFE: German Giants, The: R-Planes 1914-1918 (Putnam)
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 10:07
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 12:06
  3. Possible Mission: Japanese vs Americans
    By Royals in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 18:17
  4. WGF Small Cross Decals for rudders on German planes
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14