Ares Games

Thread: Just throwing it out there..... maybe it gets legs.

Default Just throwing it out there..... maybe it gets legs.

After seeing how well the kickstarter did with Sails Of Glory, I got to thinking. How cool would it be to have a kickstarter for a special 4pk seaplane set that includes a Felixstowe F2a, Macchi M5, Hansa-Brandenburg W12 and Lohner Type M.

Just thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by VerySlick View Post
    After seeing how well the kickstarter did with Sails Of Glory, I got to thinking. How cool would it be to have a kickstarter for a special 4pk seaplane set that includes a Felixstowe F2a, Macchi M5, Hansa-Brandenburg W12 and Lohner Type M.
    Name:  want.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  28.4 KB

Good idea !

Great idea.
    Would be good something like that: WWI ships with WWI seaplanes... cool
    Thanks for the idea!!!

Nick

Would be fun to play with the coast section game mats

Just thinking.....

Not too soon,please, so that my finaces can recover from 'Sails of Glory'.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rob
    Sorties Flown

If Kickstarters would genuinely speed the process on stuff like this and not just be a publicity stunt or an adjunct to something that was going to happen anyway (both are common scenario's in other company's Kickstarters), then sure, why not?

Just thinking.....
    Do not spread the idea, please . Otherwise ARES will use it and charge us their kickstarter overseas 50 USD shipment

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Do not spread the idea, please . Otherwise ARES will use it and charge us their kickstarter overseas 50 USD shipment
    Exactly. This and the 21% VAT on imported items valued USD 90 (including postage) was the reason why I decided to withdraw my pledge from the SoG Kickstarter and only leave one buck there as a sign of support.

Such airplanes would be nowhere near affordable via the Kickstarter for the people outside the USA.

Bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Exactly. This and the 21% VAT on imported items valued USD 90 (including postage) was the reason why I decided to withdraw my pledge from the SoG Kickstarter and only leave one buck there as a sign of support.

Such airplanes would be nowhere near affordable via the Kickstarter for the people outside the USA.

Bad idea.
    I agree Jan the kickstart I can support, the surcharges I will not.

OK -- I know nothing of such things: How could one go about legally circumventing the onerous European taxes and taxes-masquerading-as-other-things?

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    OK -- I know nothing of such things: How could one go about legally circumventing the onerous European taxes and taxes-masquerading-as-other-things?
    Diplomatic pouch? Otherwise you going to be smuggling, and someone gets to go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    The biggest problem is the postage. For SoG it was so awfully high, that it meant like 50% increase of the price, because the postage also raised the total cost, adding to the VAT daylight robbery.

The 260 USD Captain package meant the US residents paid 260 USD. I would have to pay 260 + 60 (postage) + 67.2 (21% VAT) = 387.2 USD.

260 compared to 387.2

Yup, exorbitant postage is what kept me out of the SoG kickstarter. I REALLY want the game, but it will have to wait till it hits shelves here.

Dave

I might be wrong, but didn't they work out something for European countries that covered most of the shipping or was this for only the large orders?

We got $40 worth of extras, still had to pay $60 more than US customers but it equals $20 for postage.
    However it all depends on how Ares package and declare the items, for example I get $40 worth of extras but will I pay import taxes on this extra $40?
    Same again as all the free stuff we get for hitting the various pledge levels, do we have to pay import taxes on this "free" stuff??

Ares should declare the amount paid.

Worth pointing out that you have to pay extra shipping for the $40 worth of extra goods.

The Taxman does not believe in free stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    We got $40 worth of extras, still had to pay $60 more than US customers but it equals $20 for postage.
    However it all depends on how Ares package and declare the items, for example I get $40 worth of extras but will I pay import taxes on this extra $40?
    Same again as all the free stuff we get for hitting the various pledge levels, do we have to pay import taxes on this "free" stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, we in the EU will have to pay VAT/import tax on the free extras, meaning 21% of their value added to the cost here in the Czech Republic. Ares will declare anything in the package, it matters not if it is "free", it still is a commercial item adding to the total value of the package.

Yes! I'm afraid the extra charges was what put me off the kickstart project too.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    The biggest problem is the postage. For SoG it was so awfully high, that it meant like 50% increase of the price, because the postage also raised the total cost, adding to the VAT daylight robbery.
    Ares needs to work on its distribution system, then -- I find it odd that a company BASED IN EUROPE cannot figure out a way to minimize shipping and VAT for Europeans.