Ares Games

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hi All,

Just wanted to pen a quick hello to you all. I am a veteran gamer of many years and all kinds including flight games and just recently dug out my "Wings of War" set (WWI of course) from the cupboard to play with my two Teenage sons. I now remember what a good game it was (with super cool models) and found this site from a Google search.
    Now the question I am faced with is do I need to invest in the new wings of Glory version to update myself? Maybe you guys can advise?

Hi David! Welcome from Italy
    I'm sure you'll find yourself well here: this is a great community.

Regarding the game rules, there are some minor differences between WoW and WoG; you can have an idea about the changes from Ares Games site www.aresgames.eu , in the downloads section
    Or in the "files" section of this forum, here: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...hp?do=cat&id=5
    The game materials instead, are 100% compatible so you don't have to worry about it.

Welcome David. There are a few changes but in the files (already indicated) you'll find most of them explained and throughout the forum. I too was an Old WoW player and joined the site in Jan this year to find out the changes. Its not stopped me playing. If you don't want the expense of buying the full WoG RaR box (which I would recommend lots of goodies) then try and pick up at least one of the Duel packs. Inside they have range ruler (no change) damage deck (no change other than the style) and a mini rule book incorporating basic and standard rules. The experienced rules you get in the box set (well worth the money). If your up for a trip this weekend there a bunch of us Aerodrome nuts heading for Sheffield Triples. Its on Saturday and Sunday. Would be great to see you there, we will be the nutty bunch many wearing the UK Squadron T shirt/Polo shirt light blue in colour and having a jolly good time. We are next to the bring and buy and the 1/6th scale tank battles.

Cobra One, This is Cobra Leader. Great you have joined the gang. Stay on target. Repeat: stay on target!

Welcome from Poland, David! You will find answers to all your questions here in the Drome. Now visit the Mess and have some cold ones

On behalf of the rest of the Pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, I can now welcome you formally to the Drome David.
    Before we all rush off to put our game on at Triples this weekend, do slip into the mess for a few beers and a chat with the chaps.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.

Welcome from Italy Welcome aboard

Attilio

Hi David, welcome from Essex!

Hi David, welcome from Bristol. To answer all your questions and to see, more importantly, try to pop along to Triples in Sheffield, our participation game will help you out gtreatly if you can make it.
    We can show you lots of models and show you the new rule book.
    Can you make it?
    Pop along to the the mess and we will chew the cud a bit

Welcome David! As the others said, you don't HAVE to have WoG to use any & all of your old WoW materials. I use all of my WoW & WoG stuff interchangeably. The RAP is worth getting at some point though IMO for the rules combined in one volume, the Ace & Rookie rules, & all the goodies included. I didn't have any mini's, so I sprang for those as well. Needed the planes in the Dual Packs, so I had to have those as well. And mats....a Gotha bomber...well, you get the idea.

Hello David, welcome to the group!!! The new stuff is worth it, and the old stuff is all compatible!!!

Howdy from Kansas, David. It might be worth looking into the Rules and Accessories Pack, as it condenses all the rules into one handy booklet.

Welcome David. My advice is to buy whatever you can afford. I am new to the game - Dec. 2012 - and I'm finding great use and fun in the diversity of my collection. The more I learn about WWI aviation history, etc., the happier I am that I have some associated planes to play with. I also think they are simply fun to collect. If you find yourself drifting toward some form of mini-addiction, you are in very good company at the 'Drome.

Welcome and best wishes for good hunting. Sounds like you come prepacked with wingmen already in line. Re what to buy....yes, yes and yes! They's all good!

Welcome to the Flight line.

I would too recommend the Rules and Accessories Pack, it covers all you might want to know about the advanced rules, bomber, balloons, etc

Welcome aboard from Belgium!

Welcome to the group David.

Hello David - and welcome to the 'drome from here in a sunny(ish) Kent

Hi David and welcome aboard from Florence

...and now let's go to the Officer's Mess to have "a" drink!!!!

Marco

Hi David, welcome to the 'drome.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, David. I live near Norwich now but I used to live in Chesterfield. If you look elsewhere on this site you will find that 'Wings of Glory' will be at the 'Sheffield Triples' this weekend.

Thanks for your fine welcome folks.

Sadly I cannot make Sheffield this weekend but I will be at Expo 2013 in Birmingham on the Saturday at its new venue. Anyone else planning on going?

Also is anyone planning to go to Partizan at Kelham Hall on June 2nd?

Where can I get one of these shirts you are all wearing as well as one must go properly in uniform?

Hi David I to cannot make Tripples and I was thinking of going to Games Expo to have a look around and perhaps pick up some expansion set/s for my Talisman RPG or a deul set, I'll pm you later to see what or if we can put on a demo game of WoGF, if you're an Entente player I'll bring my Germans.

Welcome to the community David.
    Hopefully we'll get a chance to say hi in person at the UK Games Expo in Birmingham later this month.

Fly safe,
    Andrew

Chris and I will be running a Wings of Glory game at Partizan David, so please feel free to come and join us.
    Rob.