Ares Games

Thread: New Man About Town

mooby666

Default New Man About Town

Hello all here in the UK!

My name's Tom, I'm 26, married and about to become a Dad to my first baby boy (4th July)!

I first got in to Wings of War/Glory, when my Father-in-law bought me my first plane for a Christmas present and showed me just how much fun this game is. Since then my wife and I have bought more planes and I recently received a Shapeways Handley Page 0/400, from the same said Father-in-law.

Although I've not played in a while, hopefully this weekend the mega-bomber gets her first sortie in to Belgium.

Fly well and aim true

Tom

Welcome from Poland, Tom
    Congrats to you and your Good Lady!
    A boy born on the fourth of July will open a great celebration, especially for our mates across the pond

My only concern are the three digits assign to the baby's father's nick

mooby666

Ah yes! It's a very old nickname for online. Had it nearly 11 years now haha!

Mooby, g'day from South Bucks. Welcome to the WoG 'Drome.

Welcome from sunny Northumberland, yes we do get sun now and again. I know we like our pilots young but please from the craddle?
    Good luck and all the best for your new arrival when He comes. Could always nick-name him Spud or Spad, or Pup but I wouldn't go as far as Fo##@r, swmbo might have something to say on that score.

Welcome to the 'drome Tom from a sunny Sussex tonight, wish I had a father in law like that !

Hello Tom, and welcome to the 'drome from here in Kent.

I can now give you that official welcome to the Drome on behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty Tom.
    i'm sure that once you are settled in, you will be welcomed to the Officers' Mess in true style for a chinwag and a few practice sorties to the bar, ready for that great day in July.If you do manage to land your new Wingman on the 4th expect some further reaction from our American Allies, who seem to think this day is rather special for some obscure reason of their own.
    Kyte.

mooby666

I have no idea why the Americans would enjoy such a day... any ideas chaps? I always thought that the 14th was an interesting one for good old Bastille Day, starting point for what lead a country to pick bigger fights leading to yet another fantastic British won war; in a very round a bout way.

Thank you all so much for welcoming me here and I look forward to posting more and learning much. Off to re-read rules for WoG game tomorrow with the wife and step-daughter. DH4 has to rack up at least one more kill before the Handley 0/400 may ride. (Shameless plug, please tell me what you think of my Handley in the Shapeways area)

Hi Tom,

Welcome from Essex

Welcome Tom, from Bristol

Welcome from the land that celebrates the 4th of July, Tom.

Best wishes on your family with the birth of your son. I am sure he'll turn out to be a wonderful Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Welcome to the hobby AND the Aerodrome Tom, & congratulations on your impending arrival!

Howdy from Kansas, Tom! Glad to have you on the flight roster!

Welcome from Italy Have fun

Attilio

mooby666

Thank you all so much for being so welcoming! Really gives me faith in this being a fantastic board.

Welcome to the 'Drome Tom!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Tom, from here near Norwich.

Welcome indeed from the right side of the M11.

Welcome from Derbyshire Tom.

Hello Tom, welcome to the group!!!

Hi Tom,
    A warm welcome from the Cornwall squadron.
    Also, congratulations for the baby boy.

Andrew

Similar Missions

1. Solo: The Circus Comes To Town - A Little Solo Madness !
    By flash in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-29-2014, 03:32
  2. National: New kid in town :)
    By lt_v in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 07:08