Ares Games

Thread: Bloody April 1918 Scenario 1 comes to an end...what next?

Default Bloody April 1918 Scenario 1 comes to an end...what next?

So, the Bloody April 1918 campaign that I've been testing/playing saw scenario 1 end this week. I played 7 games generated by the campaign and the British handed the Germans a resounding defeat.

I'm going to give scenario 2 a try next.
    Last edited by diceslinger; 05-06-2013 at 12:54.

Hey Shawn based on your first scenario experience would you say this is the way to go for a solo or multiplayer campaign? my copy of bloody april is on its way..

Solo was a lot of fun, but I think multiplayer would be cool. Bloody April is only set up for 2 players, but I thought it would be cool to have two people playing the Bloody April level of the game, but the sorties would be flown by lots of different players. I figured that the list of dogfights could be posted with a deadline, players could choose one and play it with an AAR posted before the deadline, and anything left could be resolved using the Bloody April dogfight rules.

Huummmmm, have this one on the shelf. Will have to have a try on it.

Quote Originally Posted by diceslinger View Post
    Solo was a lot of fun, but I think multiplayer would be cool. Bloody April is only set up for 2 players, but I thought it would be cool to have two people playing the Bloody April level of the game, but the sorties would be flown by lots of different players. I figured that the list of dogfights could be posted with a deadline, players could choose one and play it with an AAR posted before the deadline, and anything left could be resolved using the Bloody April dogfight rules.
    This seems like a super fun idea!

Quote Originally Posted by celticgriffon View Post
    This seems like a super fun idea!
    I am happy to share the Vassel extention I made. It has the icon for the later war planes like the Fokker Dr.I, the Spad XIII, etc. I have been hoping to find someone interested in playing the other side of the campaign level, and Vassel would allow it to be done by email. Heck, if two other people wanted to play, I hear you can play it double blind with a moderator. That could be cool!

If anyone has interest in playing the dogfights please chime in as well. I see the dogfight level of participation being a bit less time intensive. You could play one and post an AAR when you had time, and if you didn't the next week, you wouldn't have to. Best case scenario is people would drop in as they could, worst case I play the ones that look fun and simulate the rest with the Bloody April combat rules.

Quote Originally Posted by diceslinger View Post
    I am happy to share the Vassel extention I made. It has the icon for the later war planes like the Fokker Dr.I, the Spad XIII, etc. I have been hoping to find someone interested in playing the other side of the campaign level, and Vassel would allow it to be done by email. Heck, if two other people wanted to play, I hear you can play it double blind with a moderator. That could be cool!

If anyone has interest in playing the dogfights please chime in as well. I see the dogfight level of participation being a bit less time intensive. You could play one and post an AAR when you had time, and if you didn't the next week, you wouldn't have to. Best case scenario is people would drop in as they could, worst case I play the ones that look fun and simulate the rest with the Bloody April combat rules.
    I would tentatively be interested in helping out w/ dogfights. There have been months where I struggled to get the current OtT mission flown, but my "construction schedule" should be lighter now, leaving me with more time to fly. As long as the missions aren't to big, time or labor intensive, & if I have the correct number & amount of planes, then I'm game.

I have never played any game via Vassel; perhaps it is "bloody" time I learn. ;p

Shawn, the suggestion of playing out missions from your Bloody April (GMT/Terry Simo) campaign is very appealing. I prefer playing games with friends instead of solo to be honest, but perhaps my son (10) and I could participate with some AAR reports.

This is now a reality. I've posted this thread http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-2-Sortie-list in the campaign section as a guide with the list of sorties to play. Celticgriffon and moonsylver, I've reserved a sortie for each of you since it was your interest that gave me the motivation to start working on this again. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Check out this link... an expansion is on the p500 and also the next edition of C3 will have a bunch of new counters.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/21...ies-over-arras

Cheers,
    Michael

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 22:43
  2. Bloody April
    By Happy in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 18:41
  3. Bloody April 5th Tucson, AZ
    By CappyTom in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 01:53
  4. WGFC: Bloody April... Black September (GS)
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 06:41
  5. Bloody April
    By rockyr in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 13:21